toldailytopic: Reality TV. What's you favorite or least favorite reality TV show and

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 13th, 2011 11:38 AM

toldailytopic: Reality TV. What's you favorite or least favorite reality TV show and why?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

ghost

Hall of Fame
Favorite: Watching Tim Tebow play football

Least favorite: Watching Obama play President

GuySmiley

My favorites are: Survivor because it's really an interesting social game. The players have to vote people out while somehow getting their votes for $1M at the end.

. . . and Amazing Race because I think it'd be fun to be on that show and travel around the world having those experiences. If I had to chose a show to be on, this would be it.

I really dislike any of the MTV shows, big brother, or the dating shows because they are just cesspools of humanity.

Quincy

Just what comes on the History channel. Pawn Stars, American Pickers, American Restoration and Top Shot. I really hate IRT though.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would have to say I am the opposite of Quincy. I like anything to do with Trucking, IRT and American Trucker are my favorites. I like watching the big rigs--especially when they are all polished up and shiny.

Gay guys dressing up a Straight guy when it was on was the worst. I hate shows like Sister Wives and shows that involve dating. These shows are a sewer of human behavior.

ghost

Hall of Fame
My favorites are: Survivor because it's really an interesting social game. The players have to vote people out while somehow getting their votes for $1M at the end.
:idea: We should have a TOL Survivor game. The winner gets a lifetime membership.

Quincy

I would have to say I am the opposite of Quincy. I like anything to do with Trucking, IRT and American Trucker are my favorites. I like watching the big rigs--especially when they are all polished up and shiny.

Gay guys dressing up a Straight guy when it was on was the worst. I hate shows like Sister Wives and shows that involve dating. These shows are a sewer of human behavior.

I actually like some aspects of truck driving. It sounds so awesome being out on the open road. Once even tried to get my CDLs, but I have perception issues and I couldn't pass despite taking the exam a few times.

For me, the people they have on that IRT show just rub me the wrong way is all. It gets a bit obscene for me, same way with Swamp People.

I agree with you on shows like Sister Wives. Terrible shows.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I kinda like Biggest Loser. It's amazing seeing the massive change from the beginning of the season until the end.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

toldailytopic: Reality TV. What's you favorite or least favorite reality TV show and why?

Pawn Stars and Man v Food

Man v Food - I like when Adam Richman attempts to eat really hot and spicy foods.

Pawn Stars - I like seeing some of the things people bring into the store, and the history behind them.

john w

Hall of Fame
Favorite-"Burn Notice."

Least favorite-"Cheaters." I don't dig the chicks on "Cheaters."

GuySmiley

I kinda like Biggest Loser. It's amazing seeing the massive change from the beginning of the season until the end.
I shouldve mentioned Biggest Loser also, and Deadliest Catch. I liked Whale Wars too, but I was rooting for the Japanese.

eameece

Survivor is the original and still by far the best reality TV show.

It allows real characters to unfold in the context of an interesting though not perfect game.

What is too bad is that our corporate media, the world that so many of you guys have helped to create with your trickle-down free market ideology, has decided that it's cheaper to create a whole bunch of Survivor clones, instead of invest in producing quality dramas and comedies like we used to have in the 1950s, 60s and 70s.

It's gotten so bad, in fact, that Survivor itself is the only network TV show worth watching.

Random

I like Pawn Stars and Storage Wars. They are somewhat educational. The only thing that bothers me about Pawn Stars is when priceless historical stuff falls into the hands of idiots who just want gambling money. "Yes, I will hawk my great great grandfather's mint condition Civil War Confederate Sabre for $600.00."

As for reality shows I least like. Every thing else.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
If "Bizarre Foods, with Andrew Zimmern" counts then that is my favorite. He goes to really cool places all around the world, meeting people and eating really interesting (and sometimes really gross) foods from the area.

Otherwise, probably the Kardasian shows.

j/k

Breathe

Love love love Survivor and Project Runway. Survivor because of the social and psychological aspects of the game, and Project Runway because of the creativity - and because I am female, and we like all that fashion stuff. ;) I have been a big fan of each since their very first season.

My least favorite would be all of the 'Housewives' shows and everything Kardashian. Both because they show their "stars" at their worst, and portray pretty much a total lack of morality.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
I like the Senior verses Junior Chopper show, and Wrecks to Riches.

I hate Jersey Shore and the Kardashians...and pretty much everything else on tv except for the discovery, history, science channels, and the NFL.

And every now and again I'll watch some UFC if it's on for free.