toldailytopic: Radiation contamination: taking precautions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 17th, 2011 09:49 AM

toldailytopic: Radiation contamination. What steps if any are you taking to protect your family from the drifting radiation from Japan?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Scientists Project Path of Radiation Plume

A United Nations forecast of the possible movement of the radioactive plume coming from crippled Japanese reactors shows it churning across the Pacific, and touching the Aleutian Islands on Thursday before hitting Southern California late Friday.

read more

Does this concern you? Why, or why not?

fool

Hall of Fame

Scientists Project Path of Radiation Plume

A United Nations forecast of the possible movement of the radioactive plume coming from crippled Japanese reactors shows it churning across the Pacific, and touching the Aleutian Islands on Thursday before hitting Southern California late Friday.

read more

Does this concern you? Why, or why not?

I am very concerned due to the fact that thru out this entire event everything has turned out ten times worse than they told us it could possibly get.

some other dude

I am very concerned due to the fact that thru out this entire event everything has turned out ten times worse than they told us it could possibly get.

Shades of the BP oil spill, eh?

Bammy was pretty clueless and ineffective with that calamity too.

fool

Hall of Fame
Shades of the BP oil spill, eh?

With that everyone could see the problem.
Here we keep hearing that "yeah there's a radioactive cloud, but it's OK"
Then the next day it's "maybe stay indoors"
And the next it's "RUN! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

Alate_One

Any cloud coming from Japan is going to be so dilute by the time it gets here, I'm not really worried about the U.S. at this point. If we actually get to a Chernobyl style burning of fuel, I'll be more concerned.

0317-web-radiation.jpg

Good site for information on the disaster

Cracked

I'm sorry but hormesis is complete and utter garbage. If Anne Coulter believes in it so strongly, she needs to go to Japan and sit by the reactors for a while and tell us how great it is.

She has to rush to the support of nuclear power - it is her duty no matter what the situation or the facts - and the mindless masses nod their heads in collective agreement...

lucybelle

TOL Princess
So... they still do their analysis with felt tip markers eh? :think:

yea... I love how I live in one of those big circled red zones...
Well - here's to it! I'll drink a green beer for every earthquake they predict that actually occurs...

Status
Not open for further replies.