toldailytopic: Occupy Wall Street calls for a general boycott on May Day (May 1st). W

some other dude

A cell in the body that suddenly multiplies out of control beyond whatever it's place is is called cancer. You don't get that at all apparently.

ows-crowd-cnn.jpg

:darwinsm:

Of course not. You think that's all I buy?

no I don't think that's all you buy. I'm saying what poor people generally buy is unhealthy cheap food because that's what's getting pushed and it's all they can really afford.

cause we are sick of all the stuff I've been talking about on this thread and all the stuff you see around you the joblessness etc. etc. the layoffs, less pay for more work. all that. you know exactly why.

One Eyed Jack

Beans are awesome. We get all kinds of cool stuff from beans. Coffee, chocolate, vanilla... and those are just great flavors. They've also got all kinds of nutritional value. Isn't God brilliant?

eameece

Walmart started in little tiny towns in arkansas, like a 5 and dime store.

They got big because people wanted to shop there.

Fine, then why didn't they just stay there?

The problem with big box stores and other massive chains stores is, among other things, that now people have less opportunity to go into business. all the business has been captured by a few of these Wall St. companies. And yet you Republicans claim to be interested in business. Bosh. And you have to work for some mean, distant, uncaring employer, and customers have to deal with him too. Try asking and getting something you want on the shelf from a big chain and see how far you get. Ask for something of quality and see how far you get too!

There is no Main Street now in Republican America. Only Wall Street. And Wall street cares ONLY about making money and getting rich by screwing everyone else. And you are enabling this by your ignorance.

eameece

Oh please, there are loads of competitors to wal mart. Good for them that they made out so well. They started in buildings on little main streets that were less than the size of a dollar store now.

Nothing wrong with hard work and growing a business.

You can't grow a business when one weed takes over and strangles the market and pushes everyone else out.

eameece

Dude, what's stopping you from starting your own store and paying your employees whatever you want? I know, why not pay them whatever they ask for? Wouldn't that be the fairest way to handle it? And let them decide how many hours they wanted to work, or whether or not to come in if they didn't want to?

What's stopping you?

Oh here goes Barney again with his individual responsibility rap. It's best to ignore his tired blather.