toldailytopic: Is the end near? Earthquake, tsunami, nuclear disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charity

Oh I think the World was flat an existence only seen as far as the middle east when that prophecy was released!

The prophecy has little gumption, being as if God didn't think civilisation would reach the level of Knowledge an science?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
They're not calling it a melt down.
But, if you had an Earthquake on Friday and now it's Monday and you still don't have your reactor shut down I can only surmise that you can't shut your reactor down.
So, they are having a "we can't shut it down".

I wonder if that's anything like a "we can't cap this well."

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Oh I think the World was flat an existence only seen as far as the middle east when that prophecy was released!

The prophecy has little gumption, being as if God didn't think civilisation would reach the level of Knowledge an science?

Go to a primitive tribe in Africa,
teach them advanced spiritual truth; to the extent that they can comprehend it.

explain to them that they were "chosen" due to their superior, latent genetic make up; most likely to survive and establish an advanced culture.

Leave them alone to "evolve" for 1500 years; periodically upgrade the message and their calling using the "poets" within the tribe.

What would become of that message that you left them?

Then send a twentieth century renaissance man to them, alone,with a message that would challenge the theology they had "evolved'.

Jesus wasn't the Jewish Messiah, the problem wasn't Jesus, the problem was how that concept, and the Jews that developed it, evolved in the Hebrew consciousness, a nationalistic egotism.

Jewish converts to Jesus' religion, then the Christian religion established by Paul "FORCED" Jesus into the seat of David, into the Jewish concept of a redeemer for the nation of Israel.

When Jesus comes, it will be for a "visit".

This world won't end till the sun eats it.

Caino

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From a geophysical standpoint .. we've got at least ten years left. :)

graceandpeace

Some folks are saying this is the beginning of the end for the earth and it's the start of God's judgment for our wicked and immoral culture. Others are saying it's the beginning of the end from a secular perspective because we won't be able to stop the effects of the nuclear meltdowns in Japan and the violent earthquakes along those same fault lines are becoming more prevalent thereby signaling that the earth is starting another chapter in it's long history (one that might not include us humans).

What say ye?

I say, chill and act as if today is your last, and live as if it is, also...WINK.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Some folks are saying this is the beginning of the end for the earth and it's the start of God's judgment for our wicked and immoral culture. Others are saying it's the beginning of the end from a secular perspective because we won't be able to stop the effects of the nuclear meltdowns in Japan and the violent earthquakes along those same fault lines are becoming more prevalent thereby signaling that the earth is starting another chapter in it's long history (one that might not include us humans).

What say ye?

I wouldn't say that it's the end of the earth, but we may be close to the end of the 'age'(sometimes translated 'world'). I think that we're very possibly near the fulfillment of Ezekiel 38-39, according to the way things are looking in the middle east, but I'm not a date-setter, nor would I say that this is the case emphatically.

Though some say that we've been in the 'last days' for two-thousand years, I differ on that. I think that the term 'last days' concerns the last days for Israel just before 'the Day of the LORD', when the Messiah takes the Davidic throne. I believe that period was put on hold as Israel continued to resist the Holy Spirit and reject her Messiah. I also believe that period will begin again at some point and will once again be signified as 'the last days'.

Status
Not open for further replies.