toldailytopic: Is it wrong to be rich? Is it wrong to desire to be rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 24th, 2011 03:50 PM

toldailytopic: Is it wrong to be rich? Is it wrong to desire to be rich?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Yazichestvo

It doesn't really matter how rich you are, what matters is what you did to get rich. That's the only thing that really needs to be judged in terms of right or wrong.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1. No
2. No
3. What are you willing to do to aquire wealth.

God wasn't wrong for blessing Job.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Is it wrong to be rich?
No. Job was rich and God restored his wealth and increased it. The kings of Israel were rich as well. Abraham...there are a number of men whom God blessed with it.

Is it wrong to desire to be rich?
It's wrong to desire to possess wealth for the sake of wealth. That's coveting, after a fashion, and making possessions your master.

keypurr

I think it depends on what your purpose to be rich for.
Is it to help the poor? Or line your own pockets?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Money is worthless in itself and if you desire it for the sake of itself, then there's a good chance that you're going to Hell.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 24th, 2011 03:50 PM

toldailytopic: Is it wrong to be rich?

Only if your a conservative, if your liberal it's O.K....or so I'm told.

Is it wrong to desire to be rich?

You can desire to be rich but, you are evil if your rich and conservative , while your enlightened and benevolent if your liberal...or so I'm told.

Last edited:

Son of Jack

Appropriate reference.

Wealth is problematic, at best.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think it is wrong or bad to be wealthy, but like you said, it could become a problem.

Given my profession, I doubt I'll ever have to worry about it too much.:eek:

Cracked

Don't get me wrong. I don't think it is wrong or bad to be wealthy, but like you said, it could become a problem.

I would say it is likely to become a problem--so I might have a slightly more pessimistic view. :)

Krsto

Yeah, same here. But I'd sure like to give it a try to see if I like it.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How rich does one have to be in order to be considered rich? Is there an annual income cutoff or an income compared to the locale one lives within? Is it arbitrarily someone making a million dollars a year or having that much cash in the bank? Is being rich earning X% more than one needs to live on per year? :idunno:

AMR

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
How rich does one have to be in order to be considered rich? Is there an annual income cutoff or an income compared to the locale one lives within? Is it arbitrarily someone making a million dollars a year or having that much cash in the bank? Is being rich earning X% more than one needs to live on per year? :idunno:

AMR

Well there are liberals that say if you are employed your rich. :chuckle:

zoo22

Intent, what you are driven by is what matters, I believe. I believe greed is the most overlooked sin, most underestimated sin, most ignored sin of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.