toldailytopic: Internet bullying - where do you draw the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
So in other words, you encourage vigilantism, lynch mobs, and denying people a fair trial. Always good to know our police force is committed to justice and upholding the law, eh?

Absolutely not! I cry for days and go nights without sleep when I hear of the "disappearance" of a homosexual that has brutally sodomized and murdered an innocent child.

"Also on October 1, in East Cambridge, Massachusetts, ten year old Jeffrey Curley was lured into a car by two young men who promised him $50 and a new bicycle. The criminals, Salvatore Sicari and his homosexual lover, Charles Jaynes, mechanics and petty thieves, had spent months soliciting Jeffrey's trust. Once they had him in the car, Jaynes reportedly tried to force sex on Jeffrey. When the child resisted his 300 pound black assailant, Jaynes sat on and suffocated him with a gasoline-soaked rag. Sicari and Jaynes then drove to New Hampshire where Jaynes abused the boy's body before putting it in a barrel with concrete and dumping it into a river in Southern Maine."
http://www.culturewars.com/CultureWars/Archives/cw_jan98/cod_sexed.html

Unfortunately, these two wastes of human flesh didn't "disappear" off the face of the earth. Instead, the organization that they "worshipped" (NAMBLA) was defended for YEARS by the atheist founded ACLU.

MrRadish

Absolutely not! I cry for days and go nights without sleep when I hear of the "disappearance" of a homosexual that has brutally sodomized and murdered an innocent child.

"Also on October 1, in East Cambridge, Massachusetts, ten year old Jeffrey Curley was lured into a car by two young men who promised him $50 and a new bicycle. The criminals, Salvatore Sicari and his homosexual lover, Charles Jaynes, mechanics and petty thieves, had spent months soliciting Jeffrey's trust. Once they had him in the car, Jaynes reportedly tried to force sex on Jeffrey. When the child resisted his 300 pound black assailant, Jaynes sat on and suffocated him with a gasoline-soaked rag. Sicari and Jaynes then drove to New Hampshire where Jaynes abused the boy's body before putting it in a barrel with concrete and dumping it into a river in Southern Maine."
http://www.culturewars.com/CultureWars/Archives/cw_jan98/cod_sexed.html

Unfortunately, these two wastes of human flesh didn't "disappear" off the face of the earth. Instead, the organization that they "worshipped" (NAMBLA) was defended for YEARS by the atheist founded ACLU.

And you don't think it's a problem that the uniting factor between lynch mobs and those that arrange 'disappearences' (so beloved of dicatatorships and authoritarian regimes) is that they can kill without proof and without accountability if, say, they make a mistake?

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Prison. For life. No possibility of parole.

Maybe, if it wasn't for the fact that its my tax dollars paying part of that(depending on estimates) $50,000 a year. I realize to you that is no reason to justify killing a pedophile, and really a 50K price tag to house them isn't a good enough reason on its own for me either. BUT rape/sodomy of a child is. The 50K price tage is just like a sunroof. I won't buy a car because it has a sun roof, but if a car I want has one- ITS ON!!

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Maybe, if it wasn't for the fact that its my tax dollars paying part of that(depending on estimates) $50,000 a year. I realize to you that is no reason to justify killing a pedophile, and really a 50K price tag to house them isn't a good enough reason on its own for me either. BUT rape/sodomy of a child is. The 50K price tage is just like a sunroof. I won't buy a car because it has a sun roof, but if a car I want has one- ITS ON!!
Give to Cesar what is Cesar's and give to God what is God's. I don't have a huge problem with taxes. I have some issues with how tax dollars are wasted but then, since its Cesar's money, its his to waste.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Give to Cesar what is Cesar's and give to God what is God's. I don't have a huge problem with taxes. I have some issues with how tax dollars are wasted but then, since its Cesar's money, its his to waste.

I agree. I do render to both.

Doesn't mean I have to like it(cesar's share). :vomit:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The reality is that Christ came and died that their sins would be forgiven and you want to kill them and call it love. I note that Jesus nor the Apostles never called for anyone's death. They noted we are all deserving of death but they never once called for the death of a sinner. I bet that you and several other "Christians" I have met over the years would have gladly thrown the first stone when Jesus asked.
None of this has anything to do with sin.

Was Paul an apostle?

Jesus never asked anyone to throw a stone, and the law was being broken in that incident before Jesus spoke a word.

I agree. I do render to both.

Doesn't mean I have to like it(cesar's share). :vomit:
Problem is Caesar is asking for more than what is his.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
None of this has anything to do with sin.
Since Jesus dealt with sin once and for all, this is true.

Lighthouse said:
Was Paul an apostle?
He was ordained by Jesus so I have always thought of him as an Apostle.

Lighthouse said:
Jesus never asked anyone to throw a stone, and the law was being broken in that incident before Jesus spoke a word.
Did everybody stop breaking the law after Jesus spoke? Probably not and Jesus never once the stoning of anybody for anything. Forgiveness is an incredibly powerful thing and seem to completely escape most humans grasp.

Lighthouse said:
Problem is Caesar is asking for more than what is his.
Caesar's face is on ALL the money.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
He was ordained by Jesus so I have always thought of him as an Apostle.
For if I am an offender, or have committed anything deserving of death, I do not object to dying; but if there is nothing in these things of which these men accuse me, no one can deliver me to them. I appeal to Caesar.
-Paul
Acts 25:11

Did everybody stop breaking the law after Jesus spoke? Probably not and Jesus never once the stoning of anybody for anything. Forgiveness is an incredibly powerful thing and seem to completely escape most humans grasp.
Did Jesus ever say not to? How about the thief on the cross who admitted he deserved what he was receiving? Did Jesus tell him he was wrong?

Caesar's face is on ALL the money.
:chuckle:

Yep. I agree, but does that mean I should get a dirty tax guy to get me more money than I deserve(according to uncle samcaesar).
No. But what you deserve is more than what you're getting.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
No. But what you deserve is more than what you're getting.

Lighthouse, I deserve to burn. ANY and EVERY thing I have is by the grace of God. Caesar will have to answer for what he taxes and takes. I will have to answer for my heart. Feelings of entitlement lead quickly to bitterness... Eph 4:31. I am grateful for every second I get to breathe. I am so blessed to have a beautiful wife and 2 healthy sons. Why would I even waste 1 second thinking about what I "deserve" financially? What a waste of time.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Lighthouse, I deserve to burn. ANY and EVERY thing I have is by the grace of God. Caesar will have to answer for what he taxes and takes. I will have to answer for my heart. Feelings of entitlement lead quickly to bitterness... Eph 4:31. I am grateful for every second I get to breathe. I am so blessed to have a beautiful wife and 2 healthy sons. Why would I even waste 1 second thinking about what I "deserve" financially? What a waste of time.
Why be bitter about it? Wickedness does not embitter me, it only makes me angry with righteous anger.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You burn with a righteous anger over taxes created by leaders put in their positions by God? Smooth.
:squint:

Excuse me? Put in their positions by God? Are you joking? Where did you get such a ridiculous notion?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Romans 13:1
Seriously? That's how you read that verse? It does not say that God places people in authority, it says that the only authority anyone really has is from God. The government in the US has overstepped the authority God has delegated to governments in regard to taxation.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Seriously? That's how you read that verse? It does not say that God places people in authority, it says that the only authority anyone really has is from God.

WHAT? Maybe rephrase that a bit.

The government in the US has overstepped the authority God has delegated to governments in regard to taxation.

And, of course, God is powerless to do anything about it...

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
For if I am an offender, or have committed anything deserving of death, I do not object to dying; but if there is nothing in these things of which these men accuse me, no one can deliver me to them. I appeal to Caesar.
-Paul
Acts 25:11

Did Jesus ever say not to? How about the thief on the cross who admitted he deserved what he was receiving? Did Jesus tell him he was wrong?
That is not the same thing as Paul saying "stone this person for {offense}". This is Paul saying that if he has done anything deserving of death under then he is okay with dying. You still need to show where Jesus or one of the Apostles said, "Stone them".

As to the thief, is it not true that we are ALL deserving of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.