toldailytopic: In eternity will TOL will have mattered?

Lon

In eternity will TOL will have mattered?

With every stroke of grace on the keyboards...
With every soul touched by truth...
With every word spoken to His glory...
With every member of the body who is enlightened of his/her gifts and place in Him...

...yes

elected4ever

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 24th, 2012 10:17 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
More than you will ever know

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The people here are like people everywhere in the world. Some are born again Christians (true believers) others are, members of various denominations, cults, (perhaps) others are agnostic/atheists, others, free thinkers. But, before the judgment seat of Christ, All will give an account of what they did in the flesh. Their outcome will be what they did with Christ (the Son of God) and His work on the cross. Did they, place their faith in Him and Him alone, apart from their works and church affiliation.

The 'ultimate' criteria will be, "is their name written in the "Lambs Book of Life."

Revelation 20:12---"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Revelation 20:15---"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

In eternity will TOL will have mattered?

Yes, because as I recently noted in the 15 year thread I've witnessed a few people come to Christ in part thanks to interactions here.

Luke 15:7

I agree with Town. Absolutely this place has influenced folk and brought some to the throne. Praise the Lord!!

I agree.

Because of the many who come to know Jesus as Savior.

Because of those who were helped with some issue that needed to be dealt with.

Because of the many who were and are encouraged to remain faithful.

And in that glorious and marvelous day when we are with the Lord, will TOL matter, yes, because it will come the sound of, "Well done good and faithful servant."

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It really depends on ones intent, and the impact they have had on others, I think. I also think it depends on the effect it has had on our lives outside of TOL.

They already have TOL in heaven.
But there every post just says, "I told you so".
Except for all the first posts which start out, "I was wrong about..."

All the Calvinists who made it to Heaven know what I mean.:eek:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'm fairly certain there will be TOL in heaven and in hell. The only difference will be the members that post there. :D

So in hell the topic of the day would be "If you had to do it again what would you do differently?" :chuckle:

faramir77

Even the wicked serve God who works all things after the good pleasure of His own will. so how much more those forordained?

In Glory, nothing of this world will matter according to Holy Writ.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It really depends on ones intent, and the impact they have had on others, I think. I also think it depends on the effect it has had on our lives outside of TOL.

Except for all the first posts which start out, "I was wrong about..."

All the Calvinists who made it to Heaven know what I mean.:eek:
HA!

The Calvinist will be in the section where meals are pre-prepared, and their clothing is laid out for them each day.

The JW’s will have to be medicated due to frustration because there are no doorbells.

The Baptist will have the section next to the river.

The Church of Christ will be in the soundproof section so they can’t hear all the musical instruments being played elsewhere.

The anti-trins will have to write on chalkboard 30 times each day --- Holy Holy Holy to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm fairly certain there will be TOL in heaven and in hell. The only difference will be the members that post there. :D

"The only difference will be ...members...."-Knight

You are wrong, "Dos Equis breath."

You will not be able to ban me, or any member of the boc, there.

I just won a debate with Knight!! I accept everyone's congratulations.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"The only difference will be ...members...."-Knight

You are wrong, "Dos Equis breath."

You will not be able to ban me, or any member of the boc, there.

I just won a debate with Knight!! I accept everyone's congratulations.
It's almost as if you are speaking English.

elected4ever

The people here are like people everywhere in the world. Some are born again Christians (true believers) others are, members of various denominations, cults, (perhaps) others are agnostic/atheists, others, free thinkers. But, before the judgment seat of Christ, All will give an account of what they did in the flesh. Their outcome will be what they did with Christ (the Son of God) and His work on the cross. Did they, place their faith in Him and Him alone, apart from their works and church affiliation.

The 'ultimate' criteria will be, "is their name written in the "Lambs Book of Life."

Revelation 20:12---"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

Revelation 20:15---"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
This should always be posted when Revelation 20 is referenced. It explains who the dead are and who will be judged by works. To be judged by works means that the ones being judged by works are the dead. Death means separation from God. Judgment of the dead only signifies the degree of punishment the dead will suffer. Those who are written in the lambs book of life never suffers this fate but enter into the Kingdom.

Matthew 25:31 *¶When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 *And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 *And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 *Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:35 *For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 *Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 *Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 *When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 *Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 *And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 *Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 *For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 *I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, because as I recently noted in the 15 year thread I've witnessed a few people come to Christ in part thanks to interactions here.

Yep. People were shown the gospel and believed. And others are on record as having rejected it.