toldailytopic: If I had 10 million dollars, I'd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would pay off my house and cars, put enough into funds for my daughter and my nieces and nephews to go to college, maybe keep about 100K to blow on fun stuff, and donate the rest to church and charity.

Samstarrett

Would you mind explaining what a Christian monarchical micronation is?

I'd be glad to. First I need to introduce the concept of a micronation more generally. A micronation is a small, relatively new, unrecognized state or other entity masquerading as such. The term is ridiculously broad, and many entities that claim to be 'micronations' are in fact mere jokes or games, nothing like what I'm describing. These 'micronations' can be discerned from the rest, for instance, when they claim extraterrestrial territory, when they have fictional histories, or when a smiley face appears on one of their flags.

For some examples of serious micronations, take a look at these:

http://www.principality-hutt-river.org/

http://www.sealandgov.org/

Now, my current plan as to how to obtain sovereignty is to get the land in Oregon, then secede under Article 1 of the Oregon Bill Of Rights, which declares the people's right to abolish the government at any time and replace it as they see fit.

So that's the micronation part. When I say monarchical, it's not strictly accurate. There will be a monarchy, but there will also be a strong nobility and representation for the Commons to act as checks on the King.

When I say Christian, I mean that the nation and its laws will be founded on Christian principles and that citizens will have to be Christian to be eligible for high offices.

Samstarrett

:think: I think that's what he calls his double wide and the 1/2 acre it's parked on, but I might be mistaken.

It could be a half an acre. :plain: :eek:

:rotfl:

Blessed is he who can laugh at himself, for he will never cease to be amused.(No doubt Greenrage will take the stance that I don't think women who can laugh at themselves are blessed.)

lucybelle

TOL Princess
Seriously? No one has busted out a Barenaked Ladies reference yet?

If I had a million dollars, I'd... BE RICH!
:D

autumn_trees37

Let's see...of course 10% tithe. I might establish a few Christian orphanages in select countries. I'd buy an apartment that had wood flooring in either Seattle or Boston. And (if possible) buy my family's citizenship in Israel...

Squishes

I'd be glad to. First I need to introduce the concept of a micronation more generally. A micronation is a small, relatively new, unrecognized state or other entity masquerading as such. The term is ridiculously broad, and many entities that claim to be 'micronations' are in fact mere jokes or games, nothing like what I'm describing. These 'micronations' can be discerned from the rest, for instance, when they claim extraterrestrial territory, when they have fictional histories, or when a smiley face appears on one of their flags.

For some examples of serious micronations, take a look at these:

http://www.principality-hutt-river.org/

http://www.sealandgov.org/

Now, my current plan as to how to obtain sovereignty is to get the land in Oregon, then secede under Article 1 of the Oregon Bill Of Rights, which declares the people's right to abolish the government at any time and replace it as they see fit.

So that's the micronation part. When I say monarchical, it's not strictly accurate. There will be a monarchy, but there will also be a strong nobility and representation for the Commons to act as checks on the King.

When I say Christian, I mean that the nation and its laws will be founded on Christian principles and that citizens will have to be Christian to be eligible for high offices.

Yikes.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Tithe. Pay off the debt of my immediate family and 2 closest friends. Stack enough away for my boy's college. Get my rear back in school. Save/invest the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.