toldailytopic: How should the USA respond to the attacks on it's Embassies and Consul

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Remember those three pirates Obama had shot in the head? Simultaneously! Brilliant!

On their part. Obama merely gave the military the go-ahead to handle it as they saw best. Same thing with getting Osama. There's plenty to criticize the president for, but he's got the right idea in using military power.

Let the professionals do their job.

OMEGA

Send them millions of Big Mac double Cheeseburgers with Large Fries

and they will all get Big and Fat and won't be able to Walk as far as the Embassy.:chew::chew:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why do we even have embassies in this age of instant communication? I think the whole idea is antiquated and serves no purpose.

To protect and help remove American citizens having issues abroad is one good reason that having the internet cannot address.

drbrumley

To protect and help remove American citizens having issues abroad is one good reason that having the internet cannot address.

Isn't it true you leave the nation, you take a chance? I'm sure your not speaking of health issues here in this post.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not a bad concept but we couldn't even protect our own Ambassador. Perhaps if we had no embassies then people would avoid traveling to places which are inherently dangerous. I just think the whole concept has lost its underlying basis.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Not a bad concept but we couldn't even protect our own Ambassador. Perhaps if we had no embassies then people would avoid traveling to places which are inherently dangerous. I just think the whole concept has lost its underlying basis.

Its not a concept, its actually one of its functions.

I agree there was no protection, they used to be protected by the us military instead of depending on the host nations to defend them, because an embassy is considered to be the actual soil of the country whose embassy one is.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER

I agree there was no protection, they used to be protected by the us military instead of depending on the host nations to defend them, because an embassy is considered to be the actual soil of the country whose embassy one is.
Why is it that government runs huge deficits yet cannot examine ways to use the advantages of technology to reign in spending? Private corporations replace personnel frequently when times change and technology opens the door even if some functionality is sacrificed.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why is it that government runs huge deficits yet cannot examine ways to use the advantages of technology to reign in spending? Private corporations replace personnel frequently when times change and technology opens the door even if some functionality is sacrificed.

How could technology provide physical protection for people abroad?

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber

They still are protected by a "Marine Security Guard Detachment",
but each Embassy/Consulate has a different set up depending on what country they are located in.

The Marine Security Detachment has 2 primary duties, 1. The safe guard of personnel and 2. The safe guard of classified documents.

There are 3 individuals that are in charge at each Embassy, 1. The Ambassador 2. The Embassy Security Officer and 3. The Staff Non-Commissioned Officer in charge of Marine personnel.

For those that will say "well they didn't do a very good job" understand this, the Ambassador along with the Security Officer decides in what manner the Marines are used on a daily basis depending on the Ambassadors schedule and movement, but regardless there is no way to guarantee the safety of personnel at all times, especially in countries that are going through any type of revolution or conflict.

fool

Hall of Fame
Why do we even have embassies in this age of instant communication? I think the whole idea is antiquated and serves no purpose.

Banquets, Parties , Dinners, Dances, Balls, Funerals.
You can learn alot more about what a man thinks by saying something and observing his physical reaction than by listening to what comes out of his mouth.
And maybe you want to talk about stuff off the record.
I think we don't appreciate our Ambasodors as much as we should.
I can't name a single one.
But they're our "Guy on the Scene" who has cultivated a personal relationship with the leaders there.
Much better than an E-mail.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Banquets, Parties , Dinners, Dances, Balls, Funerals.
You can learn alot more about what a man thinks by saying something and observing his physical reaction than by listening to what comes out of his mouth.
And maybe you want to talk about stuff off the record.
I think we don't appreciate our Ambasodors as much as we should.
I can't name a single one.
But they're our "Guy on the Scene" who has cultivated a personal relationship with the leaders there.
Much better than an E-mail.
So? Obama, Hillary and all the top brass can instantly have secure face to face conversations via the internet with any leader in the world. That was not possible in centuries past and so national interests were represented by ambassadors. Those times are long gone. Heck, I'll bet even Bain and company would recommend revamping an obviously out of date archaic system.

Guildenstern

I think the whole idea is antiquated and serves no purpose.
It is doubly purposeless when they hate even a peaceful form of US presence.

The world is only a few wounds away from a real trauma. I have a feeling that Israel is going to come under greater heat and that the US & Israel are going to strengthen their presence. Unfortunately, all this will do is embolden Islamic extremism - to the point that I would not be surprised if multiple Islamic countries start banding together, forming an "axis" against all forms of US & Israeli forces.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 13th, 2012 09:23 AM

toldailytopic: How should the USA respond to the attacks on it's Embassies and Consulates in Yemen, Egypt, Libya, and elsewhere?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

You ever see the movie "Inglorious Bastards"...well that is exactly how I would like to see these fanatics treated by our military...No Quarter! I would also like to see our country cut off all foreign aid including food and leave the region completely... and when they protest just say "you wanted us out so, we left, now you want food and aid? Eat Sand! I don't think so scooter"... how many barrels of oil should a bushel of grain fetch when one is starving? :think:

Daedalean's_Sun

Conduct an investigation, find the individuals responsible and bring them to justice. Wouldn't be the first time, we conducted an investigation in a foreign country.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Conduct an investigation, find the individuals responsible and bring them to justice. Wouldn't be the first time, we conducted an investigation in a foreign country.

Do you seriously think they are going to round up that many people screaming death to america?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Do you seriously think they are going to round up that many people screaming death to america?

You know the liberal solution is always a touchy feely one A4T, did you expect DS to say No Quarter! certainly not! these are decent, reasonable folks we are dealing with after all they will understand our need for justice in this matter and hand these lawbreakers over to the proper authorities.