toldailytopic: How many good works does it takes to get into heaven?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
An old joke, but a goodie:
How to Get Into Heaven

A man dies and mets St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. Peter says to the man, "Here's how it works. You need to have one hundred points to get into heaven. You tell me about all the good things you've done. They are all worth a certain number of points. If your total is one hundred or more, you can come in."

"Well," says the man. "I was happily married to the same woman for 52 years. I never looked at another woman. I was attentive and loved her dearly."

"That's great," says St. Peter. "That'll be two points."

"Hmmm," says the man. "This is going to be harder than I thought. Well, I attended church regularly, volunteered my time and tithed faithfully."

"Wonderful," says St. Peter, "That's worth another point."

"One point!" says the man. "Okay, okay. I was involved with a prison ministry for twenty-five years. I went into the prison, at least monthly, and shared Jesus with them."

"Wow!" says St. Peter. "That's another two points!"

"Only two points!" says the man. "At this rate, it'll be only by the grace of God that'll I'll ever get into this place."

"Bingo!" says St. Peter. "That's one hundred points! Come on in."​

He was talking to godrulz.

Paulos

None, though "bad works" can keep you out.

Prove it.

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner— not even to eat with such a person.​

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We should do good works. But a person's good works will not get them into heaven.

Often people are concerned their opponents are doing too many good works to get into heaven.

God should be glorified in everything we do.

Krsto

The answer to this question is the same as the answer to the *mysterious* square root of Pi:

1.7724538509055159 good works are needed to get to heaven. Do more or less, and you are damned. :thumb:

Any questions?

:plain:

Well I'll be damned. I thought it would have been the Divine Ratio, or 1.61803398874989.

Sheila B

Knights question is how much.

Infinite. The infinite nature of the Fall caused a need for infinite justice. The one redemption is therefore infinite for all.
but
we are free to accept or reject it, are we not?

so, a second action is required: accepting the Mercy of having the justice met by a Redeemer. One by one we must accept this Mercy.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
An old joke, but a goodie:
How to Get Into Heaven

A man dies and mets St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. Peter says to the man, "Here's how it works. You need to have one hundred points to get into heaven. You tell me about all the good things you've done. They are all worth a certain number of points. If your total is one hundred or more, you can come in."

"Well," says the man. "I was happily married to the same woman for 52 years. I never looked at another woman. I was attentive and loved her dearly."

"That's great," says St. Peter. "That'll be two points."

"Hmmm," says the man. "This is going to be harder than I thought. Well, I attended church regularly, volunteered my time and tithed faithfully."

"Wonderful," says St. Peter, "That's worth another point."

"One point!" says the man. "Okay, okay. I was involved with a prison ministry for twenty-five years. I went into the prison, at least monthly, and shared Jesus with them."

"Wow!" says St. Peter. "That's another two points!"

"Only two points!" says the man. "At this rate, it'll be only by the grace of God that'll I'll ever get into this place."

"Bingo!" says St. Peter. "That's one hundred points! Come on in."​
I like it. I posted it to my Facebook.

God is not a naive liberal.
I never implied He was. Do you have a point?

I don't know how many, but I know Who did all of them
:thumb:

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

1 Corinthians 5:11
But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner— not even to eat with such a person.​
Those don't say bad works can keep anyone out of Heaven. Try again.