toldailytopic: How do you feel about Obama's handling of the economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 21st, 2011 10:28 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Son of Jack

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

:popcorn:

bybee

I'm not qualified by education, nor profession to make a sensible critique. But, doggone it! I am experiencing hardship since President Obama took office. The cost of daily life activities has skyrocketed. Gasoline, insurance, food, shelter, taxes, entertainment has become almost beyond me. My home has decreased in value to such an extent that selling it is not an option. The taxes, however, have been reduced by only a few dollars.
This is a difficult situation and I am not placing blame. I would welcome almost any positive steps by government to alleviate the pain being felt by the rapidly dwindling middle class.

Granite

Hall of Fame
He's doing exactly what he's supposed to do. That said, no one else in there would have done much different.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It isn't going as well as he would like. He is trying to bring it down, and it isn't collapsing as fast as he would like.

B- for his intent

F for what he should do.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He's doing exactly what he's supposed to do. That said, no one else in there would have done much different.
Really?

Don't you think many of his decisions have exacerbated our problems?

Obamacare for instance. Every small business owner I know is in complete "stand-still" mode because they know what Obamacare is going to do to their business model and they are waiting to see how to proceed.

And that's just one of many things he has done to intensify an already weak economy.

he's a communist

he is doing as a communist

the american ppl dont w ant a communist for pres

but ACORN & some other under-handed stuff got him elected

Even so..

maybe if this country wasn't already so horribly corrupt, he wouldn't have gotten where he is at... We all have to take responsibility...

Christians dont fight the evil in our world enough.. can't say i blame them... seems hopeless sometimes...

but still, hopeless or not we all have to answer to the Man Upstairs...

2 many americans would rather watch dumb shows on TV than get involved in making their world better

charity begins at home

IXOYE

He's touched/handled the economy?

what did I miss?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

He couldn't have done any worse if he took an atom bomb to it and set the fuse. Since he took office it has been a complete catastrophe.:mmph:

Alate_One

I agree generally here, though I think if the Republicans in congress got their way, things would be much worse.

I do think the stimulus did help (since that's what nearly all economists say), and really we could use another stimulus. I think Obama should be talking about bringing back the WPA. But Republicans have brought up the debt as a canard (and pushed Weinergate) to distract from the economy long enough to make it bad enough so that Obama won't get re-elected.

That is the Republican leadership's stated goal "To make Obama a one term president". They don't really care that the American people are getting hurt in the process.

Alate_One

He couldn't have done any worse if he took an atom bomb to it and set the fuse. Since he took office it has been a complete catastrophe.:mmph:

It went to catastrophe before Obama was elected. It just happened to totally crash on his watch. The causes were much farther back in history. The real travesty is the people that actually caused the damage aren't in jail. Alas the dems are almost as bought as the pubs.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It went to catastrophe before Obama was elected. It just happened to totally crash on his watch. The causes were much farther back in history. The real travesty is the people that actually caused the damage aren't in jail. Alas the dems are almost as bought as the pubs.

I would tend to agree, both parties in this day and age are bought. We are electing politicians that are looking out for their pocketbooks instead of the American people. I would rather toss out the career politicians and elect people that know what it is like to be at the bottom and have to make an honest living.

1PeaceMaker

Terribly. He has no idea what he is doing. Most people have no idea what they are doing.

You want good answers to our economic crisis? Ask the women who make it their life mission to take care of others for free, and they will have a better chance at telling you who's job it is to keep the economy running.

The economy is at the mercy of the generous. It always has been thus, but now it's becoming clearer all the time.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Don't you think many of his decisions have exacerbated our problems?

Of course, and I'd say that was exactly the point.

He's a placeholder, not the problem. All he's doing is what he's told. Just like they all do.

Status
Not open for further replies.