toldailytopic: Have you played a musical instrument? If so which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 9th, 2011 10:21 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Arthur Brain

I play the piano/keyboards to a semi ok degree. I used to play the violin for a few years but nowadays I'd likely sound akin to a wailing cat....

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I played guitar as a teenager in a punk band here in Denver. To be honest... I wasn't very good which will come as no shock to anyone who ever heard me play.

Newman

I just got done tearing up the piano a few seconds ago, actually.

I play drums, bass, and the uke, too.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:upright: Piano and the accordion when I was a kid, that was during the first through sixth grade. Now I can play between the keys.

:guitar: Then took up interest in the six string guitar; then I discovered the 12 string guitar, I liked it and bought one and I still play it.

:sherlock: I have late been looking at a 4 string tenor guitar or a baritone ukulele, and possibly the auto harp.

Buzzword

Trombone

I'd like to learn acoustic guitar

Trombonists unite!

Piano since I was 9, trombone since I was 13.

Attempting to gain the necessary coordination to play a drum set.

Guitar would be cool, just need to take the time.

My wife recently decided to learn to play the clarinet...above my protests that brass instruments are far superior. :D

Quincy

Trombonists unite!

Piano since I was 9, trombone since I was 13.

Attempting to gain the necessary coordination to play a drum set.

Guitar would be cool, just need to take the time.

My wife recently decided to learn to play the clarinet...above my protests that brass instruments are far superior. :D

Trombone

I'd like to learn acoustic guitar

I play the Trombone pretty well too! It's is a great instrument!

I also play a bit of Tuba and Baritone as well. I CAN play around with a trumpet but I'm not great at all with it.

The saxophone would be a killer insturment to learn. It would be nice to get my William Jefferson C. on :chuckle: .

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Piano, percussion, trombone (really develops/exploits a good ear), baritone, tuba (yes, tuba, in a college jazz band...actually an interesting instrument)...fiddled with the bass and guitar but need a great deal of attention on those to make the effort appreciable in return. Mostly I gave up other instruments when I discovered synthesizers would save my fingertips and embouchure the effort. :eek:

Quincy

People laugh at me when I say this but I would L O V E to be able to play the banjo. My uncle is a real Ralph Stanley with it but I can't get him to teach me :( .

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

My first musical instrument was a cigar box with a hole cut in the lid. I strung rubber bands over the hole and adjusted the pitch. I remember the smell of the cigars. I was five. Then I discovered the elastic from my mother's sewing bag. I could make melodies on it by stepping on one end and adjusting the tension. My parents noticed my music aptitude and bought a toy xylophone. The pitches were off and it drove me buggy. When I was ten my father bought a piano and started giving me piano lessons. When I entered the seventh grade I took orchestra and started playing the violin. The violin was a 3/4 size and stank like a diaper pail. It had a plastic over foam case that was falling apart. I applied myself more than my sister did, so my parent saved up their money and bought a Sears Violin for $70. I still have that violin. I still play it 37 years later. It's been through 3 violin cases and two bows. It will probably out live me and become a family heirloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.