toldailytopic: Halloween: harmless fun or sinful celebration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Just another fun day for kids. As for older kids and teenagers, it is a bit of a problem. I must admit, I kicked a few pumpkins in my day and rolled lawns. Bad Kat!

I know the score, you see, and would not let my kids go out late on Halloween. The home party is more the thing today. As for adults, young adults, might be alright to go out to a club, but if you do not grow out of it, there is something silly, not that silly is all bad, it is just silly.

I think CM is referring to something far beyond silly, and, therefore, I will agree.

OMEGA

Halloween is VERY HARMFUL

Besides glorifying evil beings and Violence ,

it comes at a time just after God's holy days of the Feast of Tabernacles

that shows God's 7000 year plan for mankind to save him from Satan's

Rule over him.

Satan has deceived the people into celebrating him instead of God.

ShadowMaid

It should be a totally sinless and fun day! Doesn't have to be just for kids, but I feel that adults roll should be a little bit more subtle, and put the emphasis on keeping it safe and fun for the children.

What I absolutely hate is silly college kids who think they're all grown up, get dressed up in completely promiscuous costumes, and go to the bar where they're not even old even old enough to drink, and giggle and laugh just like high schoolers. Honestly. :nono:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: I went to a Church for a time which to my bemusement would refuse to acknowledge Halloween but instead woul have what they called a "Fall Festival".

The kids could dress in costumes (but not scary) and do the same Halloweeney type things.

I asked someone in leadership once what exactly one would be celebrating by having a "Fall Festival" since, for obvious reasons, they couldn't be Celebrating "All Hollow-eds Eve".
The person in question responded: Well...you know, fall....uh, the harvest...stuff like that. Ah, I replied, so it's kind of a harvest festival? Well yeah, he said. It celebrates fall and our thankfulness for it.

So then we are celebrating the Autumnal Equinox? I asked.

Yeah, I guess.

:doh:
It's the war against Halloween. Soon there will be no Jack 'o Lanterns, just gender neutral gourds with holes cut in 'em. :plain:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Halloween is VERY HARMFUL

Besides glorifying evil beings and Violence ,

it comes at a time just after God's holy days of the Feast of Tabernacles

that shows God's 7000 year plan for mankind to save him from Satan's

Rule over him.

Satan has deceived the people into celebrating him instead of God.

Sometimes, I really do think you hear voices.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't understand the trick or treating thing. Why is it okay to let your kids eat candy from total strangers?

With everyone teaching their kids not to talk to strangers, I find it hypocritical to allow them to go begging for candy from strangers. I never did this with my daughter, although my husband wanted to take her trick-or-treating when she was five to seven. Other than that, she never did do the trick-or-treating thing.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The world at large celebrates a freakish holiday of death, skeletons, witches, ghosts, etc.

But Calvinists celebrate a holy day . . . Reformation Day!

Nang

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
The year that Prince of Egypt came out, my kids and Knight's dressed as the characters from the movie. My nephew was Moses carrying the Ten Commandments. My oldest daughters carried huge cardboard waves that parted as the other kids came through dressed as the Israelites. My son chased after them, dressed as Pharaoh. Their little "play" was a big hit around the neighborhood.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now, some of the "adult" celebrations do cross the line into sinfulness based on the sexual immorality that goes on.

Ah...I can see you've visited Vegas.

Halloween is frightfully the same as any other night of the year here.

:rip:

Status
Not open for further replies.