toldailytopic: Food stamps. Good idea or bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
You're a fool.

Read the next verse: "For we have heard there are some among you who walk disorderly, working not at all, but curiously meddling" (2 Thessalonians 3:11).

Instead of subscribing to the Right Wing Evangelical Hive Mind, you should actually read the book and think for yourself. :idunno:

Arthur Brain

You're a fool.

Not on this matter he isn't. Hardly surprising that your response consists of nothing other but an insult either. It's pretty obvious that this verse applies to a specific community and not the populace in general. Furthermore I'd just luuuurve to hear how those opposed to welfare would ensure how all deserving cases would have their needs met without it?

solarb

Good Idea. 82 cents on the dollar goes to the cost of the administration of welfare. Welfare in it self is not bad.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
[to Trad] You're a fool.

So you're back in every sense of the word then. :plain:

Reminds me:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Jan. 29, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire

"The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the oldest and largest organization of blind people in the nation, announced today that for the first time a blind individual has driven a street vehicle in public without the assistance of a sighted person."​

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the cost of food and energy will be going up much faster than anything else
so
some form of assistance will be required

I like the earned income tax credit EIC since up to a certain point it does encourage them to work

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Read the next verse: "For we have heard there are some among you who walk disorderly, working not at all, but curiously meddling" (2 Thessalonians 3:11).

Instead of subscribing to the Right Wing Evangelical Hive Mind, you should actually read the book and think for yourself. :idunno:
So you're saying it isn't applicable?

You're a fool.

it's irrelevant that there was a particular group of people to which it referred, as it is something applicable to all situations wherein such people exist.

So you're back in every sense of the word then. :plain:
Am I wrong, or is he a fool?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
So you're saying it isn't applicable?

You're a fool.

it's irrelevant that there was a particular group of people to which it referred, as it is something applicable to all situations wherein such people exist.

Am I wrong, or is he a fool?

I'll make another thread on the subject in the religion forum. I think that the verse very seriously is misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.