toldailytopic: Favorite BBQ. What is your favorite type of barbecued food and how is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 5th, 2010 08:52 AM

toldailytopic: Favorite BBQ. What is your favorite type of barbecued food and how is it prepared?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

bybee

Well

Well

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 5th, 2010 08:52 AM

toldailytopic: Favorite BBQ. What is your favorite type of barbecued food and how is it prepared?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

My favorite is whatever someone else is nice enough to invite me to partake thereof!
I am a baker, not much of a cook! bybee :chuckle:

MrRadish

I adore all kinds of barbecue - sizzling beef, chicken marinaded in lemon and garlic, lamb or mutton on a skewer with some nice peppers and onions, even that most vegetarian of substitutes, Halloumi cheese - but one thing that surprised me was how nice fish can be barbecued. While staying in France one of our favourite dishes was some nice barbecued whiting with a bit of butter, cooked so the skin was crispy and the meat tender but appreciably chewable. With authentic baguette, a nice glass of wine and some French cheese - oh! French cheese! - it was absolutely exquisite.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Tough to pick one. Mesquite-smoked deer and jalapeno sausage is pretty good and it helps that we don't eat it very often.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pork chops smothered in a 50/50 combo of bbq sauce and ranch dressing on a charcoal grill. Not overcooked!

Ps82

Pulled pork sandwich with Brunswick stew on the side. I like eating the stew on a piece of sweet white bread.

I don't have a favorite BBQ spot or a favorite sauce ... just like somewhere close to home and quick.

I make crock pot pork and use leftovers to add bottled BBQ sauce for another night ... and sometimes make my own Brunswick stew too.

May make some stew tonight.

Buzzword

I'm pretty much addicted to anything and everything BBQ.

Haven't had a chance to visit many mom-n-pop places, but my favorite mini-chain is Oklahoma Station Barbecue in Oklahoma City.

Their hickory-smoked turkey melts in your mouth, and the pulled pork goes with EVERYTHING.

There was one little place in TX (can't remember the name) that had an unforgettable entree called the Mega-Meat sandwich:
-pulled pork
-smoked sausage
-sliced brisket
-smoked turkey
-fresh baked french bread
...and drool, the customer-added ingredient :D.

Newman

I smoked a Boston Butt all day for my dad (Father's Day).

My favorite BBQ would have to be:
#1 Beef, pulled
#2 Memphis-style ribs
#3 Pulled pork
#4 Chicken drumstick

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BBQ pulled pork.

I agree.

My favorite sauce for pulled pork sandwiches is Carolina sauce.

Carolina sauce is a lot different than a Kansas City, Texas, or Chicago type sauce, but IMO the best for pulled pork. It is not thick and has lots of vinegar. Most people don't like it.

However, for ribs and chicken I like the thicker sauce.

Quincy

I like a lot of grilled things, almost as much as I like to grill them.

Chicken - Just straight on the grill
Salmon - "
Persian Kabob - Take some ground sirloin cut, mix it with some chopped up mint and onion. Slap it around a dagger blade and put it over an open fire. Mmmm, just don't cut your mouth eating it, :chuckle: .
Veggie Kabob - Skewer some mushrooms, green and yellow peppers, and some little onions (can't do cherry tomatoes, I'm allergic to them), whatever else you like and put them over some coals

elohiym

I like it all...ribs, chicken, etc.

But my favorite BBQ food is a cha shu bow, a chinese recipe consisting of BBQ pork stuffed into a pastry.

Try one, if you have the opportunity. Should be easy to find in any decent China town (like in New York). Otherwise, they're hard to come by. Haven't eaten one in years. :sigh:

Buzzword

I like it all...ribs, chicken, etc.

But my favorite BBQ food is a cha shu bow, a chinese recipe consisting of BBQ pork stuffed into a pastry.

Try one, if you have the opportunity. Should be easy to find in any decent China town (like in New York). Otherwise, they're hard to come by. Haven't eaten one in years. :sigh:

I saw something like that on the Food Network awhile back, and it made me drooool.

Especially since they coated the pastry in HONEY after baking it with the meat in it. Mmmm......

Status
Not open for further replies.