toldailytopic: Fast food: the best, and worst.

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
Best: Chick Fil A, In n Out & Chipotle (although Chipotle isn't technically fastfood..)
Worst: Arby's *gag*

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Fish n Chips - But finding good chip shops is getting harder all the time.

My wife taco bell on me and I really don't get the mexican thing.

Isn't all Mexican food essentially the same just folded different ?

Only in Taco Bell. :plain:

GuySmiley

I loved Scholtzsky's but they closed down up here. Great food but I think it was too pricey.

Best: Q Doba, Chipotle, Smashburger, Five Guys, Wendy's

Worst: Burger King, McDonalds, Good Times (except for the custard)

Quincy

I tend to eat at local places :noid: . There is a place here called Sam's Hot Dogs which is excellent and has the best chili I've ever tasted. Then there is an Italian restaurant that is just as quick as Little Caesars but is top quality and it's called Giovanni's. There is also a mexican place, very dark and atmospheric but still cheap in price and serves up some quick eats called El Azuls. All the places I eat tend to have nice atmosphere :noid: .

My least favorites are just about any national chain, but especially burger joints. I haven't been to a McDonald's, Wendy's, BK, etc etc since 2003.

Arthur Brain

I tend to eat at local places :noid: . There is a place here called Sam's Hot Dogs which is excellent and has the best chili I've ever tasted. Then there is an Italian restaurant that is just as quick as Little Caesars but is top quality and it's called Giovanni's. There is also a mexican place, very dark and atmospheric but still cheap in price and serves up some quick eats called El Azuls. All the places I eat tend to have nice atmosphere :noid: .

My least favorites are just about any national chain, but especially burger joints. I haven't been to a McDonald's, Wendy's, BK, etc etc since 2003.

I don't blame you where it comes to burger joints. I went into McDonald's for a cheese burger after a five year hiatus. Once I started eating I remembered why I usually spent £0.99 on a bag of chips instead....:plain:

There's a brilliant local Indian restaurant/take away near me called 'Spice Island' though. Expensive but well worth it when I've funds for a luxury....

Quincy

I don't blame you where it comes to burger joints. I went into McDonald's for a cheese burger after a five year hiatus. Once I started eating I remembered why I usually spent £0.99 on a bag of chips instead....:plain:

There's a brilliant local Indian restaurant/take away near me called 'Spice Island' though. Expensive but well worth it when I've funds for a luxury....

I think most of their burgers are more bread than meat. Plus I like my home cooked burgers that I can make as big or small as I like. Now, in Canada there is a burger joint called Harvey's. They are AMAZING! They do the Subway thing with letting you build your burger the way you want to. I like that plus the place has nice atmosphere :noid: .

There is just a disconnect with me and the American burger joints. I walk in, everything is corporate plain, they rush me through the line, take my order, throw the food at me and then you go sit in a hard plastic seat. It's a cold experience eh :think: ?

I can't usually afford the more expensive places either but we have some nice BBQ places and steakhouses here when I can do that. So I know what you mean :thumb: . Usually, I just go get a a chicken chimichanga at the mexican place I mentioned. $6.95 and atmosphere, comfy booths and senoritas? Yes please.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Best: Chick Fil A. Yummy food that doesn't give me a stomach ache. I also appreciate their Godly principles.

Best Pizza:
Pizza Ranch. Pizza has a home made quality to it. I can eat it until I pop. Christian owned and operated. Nice environment to go and eat.

Worst: Wendy's. I find their food too greasy for my tastes. Worst of all on more than one occasion I have walked into a restaurant to find a pervert dressed in full drag working the cash register. :vomit: Nothing like killing the appetite before lunch.

Worst Pizza: Little Caesars. They would boast about their whole milk mozzarella. I couldn't get any more than two pieces of their pizza down before I felt like I was going to explode. Still tasted good though... :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Panera all the way with sandwich's. I don't how they make their tuna but it is so good.
Their Tomato & Mozzarella Panini is so good I don't even care that there's no meat in it. :D

Couple that with a good cup of soup and a cookie and I'm in heaven.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Bagels at Panera are exceptional. Best Pizza is at the neighborhood Italian place, Roma's. But the way they do it, it's not fast food. It's a masterpiece.

PureX

You people really don't have any idea what you're talking about. Clearly, there is only one answer for both these questions, and that's White Castle 'sliders', at about 3 am.

..... on Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You people really don't have any idea what you're talking about. Clearly, there is only one answer for both these questions, and that's White Castle 'sliders', at about 3 am.

Ahh yes, the White Castle slider, a meal and a laxative all in one small package. :chuckle:

Cracked

I don't live in a populous enough area to eat at some of the more esoteric joints. However, I will say that the Papa Burger from A&W is pretty solid for simple fast food.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyone beside me like Schlotzsky's?

I love Schlotzsky's! I used to work there, before I had :jessilu:. :chew: I absolutely love their bread.

My favorite (that I haven't had since I left California) is Togo's. I loved their reuben sandwiches. For me, the worst is McDonald's and Taco Bell.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only in Taco Bell. :plain:

:chuckle: Got that one right, Tom. :thumb: If I want Mexican food, I either go to Acapulco or I make my own (I was taught by an older Mexican woman, when I was about fourteen, how to make tortillas, "Spanish" rice, and enchilada sauce from scratch.).

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

White Castle? :vomit:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Best: Chipotle

Great burritos and/or salads. The ingredients are fresh and locally obtained when possible.

Worst: Subway

I really like subway...usually. I just recently realized that you can order any sub in the form of a salad. Very good. But, unless you have a favorite Subway that you like, the percentage of their servers with punk attitudes seems higher than most. Maybe it’s just a local problem?
Could be. Our local Subway serves up some really good ones. I like the meatball pepperoni with everything they can cram in. :D Folks that work there are pleasant.

Let me see. Arby's, BK, MacDonald's, PapaJohn's (pizza), Chi Chi's, are pretty good locally.

Rally's and T-Bell hit my :down: list because they are sloppy, staffed with sullen liberals and the food looks like it is dumpster-fresh.

However, my beautiful daughter and excellent son-in-law are culinary bloodhounds. I call them to find out the latest in fast-food cuisine.

PureX

Taco Bell doesn't even serve food, let alone Mexican food. I think it's some kind of flavored paper pulp with a picture of food printed on it. In Chicago, where lots of people from Mexico live, there are fantastic little mom&pop Mexican restaurants that serve up really great Mexican food, hot, fresh, and cheap. Always with a basket of warm tortilla chips and that red or green salsa (the green stuff is really hot). Sadly, I can't get good Mexican food where I live, now. And once you've eaten the real thing, these phony Mexican places around here just don't cut it.