toldailytopic: Does it bother you to see Christmas items for sale as early as the end

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not bothered, but I do find it rather odd. If it were up to me decorations and holiday specific items would be put out only after the previous holiday is over.

What about the customers that walk in during August asking if or when the trees will be available? Kind of hard for Sears to argue the point with customers that don't want to buy with those that have their MC in hand.

:think: Well, not when you consider that HE was probably born sometime in autumn anyway.

Bob Hill's September 20ish explination seems quite logical to me.

Then could you explain to me why Christmas is so popular and Easter is not so popular?

Who says it is more popular? And with whom? But I do know what you mean on the surface. Perhaps it is the whole holiday season with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years holiday in the middle of winter (seasonaly).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What's Christmas like in Texas Tam! Are the presents under the tree Texas big?
It lasts a few days at my house, since everyone gets extra time off work.
And my children and grandchildren don't live in the same town, so they have to drive a good bit.
They all just pack up and come on up for few days.

No tree.
And only the kids get any gifts.

Play ball in the yard.
Target practice in the pasture.
Dominoes (usually 42).
Card games (spades and canasta).
Pictionary.
Trivia Pursuit.
Rent a movie or two.
Sing songs with guitars.

And food food food!!!!!

Wile E. Coyote

It lasts a few days at my house, since everyone gets extra time off work.
And my children and grandchildren don't live in the same town, so they have to drive a good bit.
They all just pack up and come on up for few days.

No tree.
And only the kids get any gifts.

Play ball in the yard.
Target practice in the pasture.
Dominoes (usually 42).
Card games (spades and canasta).
Pictionary.
Trivia Pursuit.
Rent a movie or two.
Sing songs with guitars.

And food food food!!!!!
It looks lie a lot of fun. What about snow?

Layla

I kinda like it. Autumn and winter are miserable and rainy and cold and the twinkly lights everywhere raise my spirits!

sky.

BANNED
Banned
It doesn't bother me. I kind of like having them all together it blurs the halloween stuff. I don't mind some halloween stuff but I kind of mix it with Thanksgiving and just take the decorations as harvest time.

I have all of the Christmas decorations I could ever want. They don't tempt me.

eameece

Why should that bother anyone? Christianity occurs during all seasons, and Christmas is not just Christian, and originally was pagan (yule), and Jesus was not born at Christmas time anyway.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only snow I want to see is on my December calendar pic.

Heavy%20snow.JPG

:plain:

Although, there is something to be said for a palm tree with Christmas lights while tipping back a XX.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Heavy%20snow.JPG

:plain:

Although, there is something to be said for a palm tree with Christmas lights while tipping back a XX.
Pretty!

I like looking at pretty pics of snow.
I just don't want to be in it!

Of course we hardly get any snow at all in TEXAS.
But when we do, we don't get fluffy snow; we get a thin layer of wet snow that soon turns to either slush or solid ice.
Yuk.