toldailytopic: Do you think TOL bans members too frequently, or not frequently enough

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps when they return, further offenses by these members should get them a permaban.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
it isn't who should be banned
but
what should be banned

So you asked:
1. Profanity or suggested profanity.

2. Vulgar avatars or uploading vulgar pictures--this can include :flamer: images and videos. P66 has had a few time outs for this.

3. Intentional blasphemy or just being plain disruptive, drawing attention to yourself.

4. Calling members names without just cause.

5. Thread hijacking or being a thread pest.

6. Copying and pasting copyrighted material with permission from the author and the Forum Staff.

7. Trolling.

8. Link dropping for the purpose of directing members to another forum or website.

9. Disrespect for the Administration.

10. Making posts that advocate criminal behavior.

Take a look at the rules here. They are just the way they should be.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There's something you don't get to say? :AMR:

I get banned very often. and in the mean time many vicious and bully ones hardly ever get banned.

This is supposed to be Christian forum and viciousness and bully behavior should not be tolerated more than anything else. What ever happen to Jesus is love?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I get banned very often.
For conduct and how you say things. Not for content.

and in the mean time many vicious and bully ones hardly ever get banned.
You don't want to get hit, don't throw punches. Or better yet, get out of the ring.

This is supposed to be Christian forum and viciousness and bully behavior should not be tolerated more than anything else. What ever happen to Jesus is love?
It matured into an understanding of the obligations of love in lieu of a simplistic hug-fest that allows either others to do the heavy lifting or evil to flourish.

bybee

For conduct and how you say things. Not for content.

You don't want to get hit, don't throw punches. Or better yet, get out of the ring.

It matured into an understanding of the obligations of love in lieu of a simplistic hug-fest that allows either others to do the heavy lifting or evil to flourish.

Well said! Your response shows Christian love in action. I can see that!

This Charming Manc

I think things are dealt with a nice touch actually.

However it seems that right wing, gun waving maddist nut jobs get given a lot of slack.

Those on the left, or who are atheists or secularists have to tread much more carefully.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight doesn't hide that fact that this board has a right wing Christian bias. He's up front about it.

TOL is entering it's 12th year. The following rules are the most current commandments for our forum. Follow these rules and you will be a happy camper here on TOL. Break these rules and you will likely be banned. Keep in mind TOL is a biased forum, leaning very far to the Christian right, and therefore we interpret our rules from OUR perspective. There are many dissenting voices on TOL who have been debating us and fellowshipping with us for years, but those voices understand whose house party they are at and are respectful of that.

It is Knight's forum as he has the right to run it how he likes. The :allsmile::allsmile: can leave if they don't like it.

Source

This Charming Manc

He asked what we thought ........

generally good but nowhere near even handed is the response, if knight doesn't want to know our opinions he shouldn't ask

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
The admins can ban whomever for whatever reasons they choose.

What disappoints me are the whiney posters here who report other posters for mostly trivial reasons.

What a bunch of crybabies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The admins can ban whomever for whatever reasons they choose.

What disappoints me are the whiney posters here who report other posters for mostly trivial reasons.

What a bunch of crybabies.

how many times did you get banned?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I did answer.

I have been posting at TOL since it's inception and have no recollection of exactly how many times I have been banned.

What does that have to do with anything, anyway?

my recollection is that you weren't banned enough