toldailytopic: Do you believe mankind is causing global warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
There's still an undercurrent of willful recklessness I detect from self-styled conservatives and Christians that seems to simply not care how much damage we do.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, we are at the end of the last ice age. Fear mongering leftist are using the theory to rush through political change.

Caino

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How ironic. :chuckle:

:mock: atheists

Atheism is pretty reckless. It's like jumping off in the dark and not knowing where you are going to land.:dizzy:

Alate_One

The world is getting colder, not warmer. Global warming is a multi million dollar lie.

Seriously, how can you people believe this when heat records are being shattered all over the world and ice is melting in the arctic?

seaice100years.png

The only lie is the one denialists have swallowed.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's still an undercurrent of willful recklessness I detect from self-styled conservatives and Christians that seems to simply not care how much damage we do.

Sounds like something only a complete bigot could believe. :thumb:

:mock: Atheists.

Alate_One

Sounds like something only a complete bigot could believe. :thumb:

:mock: Atheists.

Sounds like you are someone that isn't interested in debating the ideas presented.

Character Assassination/Ad Hominem. People using this technique do not like to waste time debating the idea. Instead, they prefer a quicker route to dispensing with their opponents: go after the person's credibility, motives, intelligence, character, or, if necessary, sanity. No category of character assassination is off the table and no offense is beneath them.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sounds like you are someone that isn't interested in debating the ideas presented.

Character Assassination/Ad Hominem. People using this technique do not like to waste time debating the idea. Instead, they prefer a quicker route to dispensing with their opponents: go after the person's credibility, motives, intelligence, character, or, if necessary, sanity. No category of character assassination is off the table and no offense is beneath them.

Really?

Let's see - Granite applies a label to a broad spectrum of people with no evidence and no possible way of getting any and you're accusing me af using an ad hominem argument?

The debate in my post was against Granite's useless contribution. If you wish to take on what I said, it's in my first post. It's substantial, on topic, clearly presented and a real challenge to what you believe.

But I guess it's easier for you to pick on the throw -away lines I use occasionally rather than try honest debate.

And, by the way - Granite is a hypocrite and a coward. He hides behind his ignore function and takes pot shots at people along the very lines that he wails the loudest about when done to him. Do you really have respect for a man who whines about ASC and then uses the same sort of thing against me?

Alate_One

Really?

Let's see - Granite applies a label to a broad spectrum of people with no evidence and no possible way of getting any and you're accusing me af using an ad hominem argument?
Have you read what people claiming to be Christian conservatives have posted here in this very thread? Follow that by the data I posted (and which is widely available) which directly contradicts assertions of the people in this thread.

Granite was simply making a comment on the obvious trend in the thread and what is generally obvious with regard to the state of climate change denialism in the "Conservative Christian" community (as again evidenced by the comments in this very thread!). You chose to call that "bigotry", which is nonsense, off topic and an ad-hom.

Now do you want to actually discuss climate science or not?

2011 is already the most expensive year for natural disasters, many of which were weather related. Why is it impossible that disasters could be increasing in frequency due to climate change?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have you read what people claiming to be Christian conservatives have posted here in this very thread?
Are you trying out a game of spot the logical fallacy? You've just posted anecdotal evidence as if it was relevant. Is it my turn now?

Follow that by the data I posted (and which is widely available) which directly contradicts assertions of the people in this thread.
:idunno:

Take it up with them rather than labelling everyone according to the words of a few.

Granite was
Granite is gay.

Now do you want to actually discuss climate science or not?
Sure. Go read my clear, well reasoned, on topic and challenging post instead of dwelling on nonsense. :thumb:

Why is it impossible that disasters could be increasing in frequency due to climate change?
Because it is also possible that you've confused correlation with causation.

Last edited:

Alate_One

Are you trying out a game of spot the logical fallacy? You've just posted anecdotal evidence as if it was relevant. Is it my turn now?
Anecdotal evidence? Half he posters have asserted the world is cooling. I'm not sure you know what anecdotes are.

Take it up with them rather than labelling everyone according to the words of a few.
It's not just the people here, it's a known trend. And no we're not talking about *everyone* but the percentage of deniers is much higher among certain groups.

us-religion-climate.gif

Now of course the interesting question is WHY is this the case?

Granite is gay.
I rest my case on your inability to participate in a rational conversation.

Because there it is also possible that you're confusion correlation with causation.
That's possible, but why the insistence there can be no *possibility* of causation?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Alate - you should have left me on ignore .. for that is all you intend to do.

:wave2:

elohiym

toldailytopic: Do you believe mankind is causing global warming?

Do I believe makind is causing an interglacial period? No. The competing hypothesis that, I believe, makes the fewest assumptions is whatever caused the previous glacial and interglacial periods is causing climate changes.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The question was about global warming. Climate change could mean anything

Except that global warming's an inaccurate and off-target phrase and climate change is more on the money. Thanks for your two cents.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Charts can be exaggerated folks. They are not proof. They have been altered. This was exposed when a hacker broke into the computers at the University of East Anglia’s Climate Research Unit. I added the link to the site that showed the exposed emails. 61 megabytes of this stuff was released on the internet. This site was kind enough the redact the emails of the guilty parties.

Here's one of them:
Dear Ray, Mike and Malcolm,
Once Tim’s got a diagram here we’ll send that either later today or
first thing tomorrow.
I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps
to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from
1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.
Mike’s series got the annual
land and marine values while the other two got April-Sept for NH land
N of 20N. The latter two are real for 1999, while the estimate for 1999
for NH combined is +0.44C wrt 61-90. The Global estimate for 1999 with
data through Oct is +0.35C cf. 0.57 for 1998.
Thanks for the comments, Ray.

This is only a hint that warming data has been fudged. Where I live I see no evidence of warming. The Summers and Winters have been getting colder in fact. This year is exceptionally stormy and damp.

Status
Not open for further replies.