toldailytopic: Brand loyalty. Between similar brand products and stores which ones do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 31st, 2011 09:17 AM

toldailytopic: Brand loyalty. Between similar brand products and stores which ones do you choose and why?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've always been fascinated with brand loyalty.

When I was growing up our brands were...

Chrysler over Ford and Chevy
King Soopers over Safeway
Coke over Pepsi
Levis over Wrangler or Lee

I'm not really sure why our family gravitated towards these brands because they weren't necessarily the brands of our grandparents.

As an adult I feel like I have much less brand loyalty and generally pay more attention to the best bargain. (with the exception of apple products over Microsoft or any other brand)

What are your favorite brands?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not really loyal to brands. I look for the cheapest and what is easiest on my stomach. I have a bad stomach, so I really can't buy store brands. I buy fresh or whole scooped out of bins.

I don't even wear gold jewelry--I wear stainless steel. That is how cheap I am.

Quincy

I'm not too picky. Much like Buzzword I tend to go for what is affordable. The only thing I get picky over is videogames. I tend to only like games by Nintendo, Rockstar, Blizzard (come on Diablo III!), id Software and Bethesda. Part of that is value because their games are bigger and better made, part is I think they make the best games.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do like Coke Zero for the taste--tho..

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 31st, 2011 09:17 AM

toldailytopic: Brand loyalty. Between similar brand products and stores which ones do you choose and why?

I really don't have much brand loyalty though, I am an avid fan of Apple products but, if Apple (or any other product) was to stop giving me value for my dollars, I would leave them also. Value for dollars spent will always get my loyalty.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I got hardcore addicted to Coke Zero for awhile...until I found out what Aspartame is.

I would drink regular Coke if I could. I am severely allergic to High Fructose Corn Syrup and Splenda makes my blood pressure bottom out. I eat or drink the wrong thing and I lose blood pressure.

Krsto

I am not really loyal to brands. I look for the cheapest and what is easiest on my stomach. I have a bad stomach, so I really can't buy store brands. I buy fresh or whole scooped out of bins.

I don't even wear gold jewelry--I wear stainless steel. That is how cheap I am.

I don't even wear jewelry except for the ring I was given.

You should get your insides checked out. I had the scopes done, both ends, and they discovered problems where my stomach meets my esophogus. Had surgery to fix it and now I can eat chocolate and pizza and drink coffee with impunity! :devil:

Krsto

Porsche uber alles!

Makita rocks. Black & Decker sucks.

When I'm not close enough to Fred Meyer to get a 10 cent discount on gas I go to Shell because they have always had free air. I just despise gas stations that charge for air. Shell has gained my undying affection simply because of this.

elohiym

I would drink regular Coke if I could. I am severely allergic to High Fructose Corn Syrup and Splenda makes my blood pressure bottom out. I eat or drink the wrong thing and I lose blood pressure.

Aspartame causes brain damage. FYI.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't even wear jewelry except for the ring I was given.

You should get your insides checked out. I had the scopes done, both ends, and they discovered problems where my stomach meets my esophogus. Had surgery to fix it and now I can eat chocolate and pizza and drink coffee with impunity! :devil:

I have a metabolic disorder. The docs already know what is wrong with me. I have lot of scans and probes done. I cannot consume sugars like High Fructose Corn Syrup or High Maltose Corn Syrup. My body cannot split the sugar. I been in the emergency room twice from consuming stuff with this kind of sugar in it. Small amounts just make me very unpleasant smelling, but large quantities can put me in the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.