toldailytopic: Best new fall TV series of 2011?

rexlunae

The Republican debates. Other than that, I haven't seen a really decent-looking new series, so I'll be looking to old shows in new seasons. Glee, The Sing-off, NCIS, CSI, House, maybe Dexter.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Best new fall TV series of 2011?

The only new show that's got my attention is: Person of Interest. Started slowly, but by the second act I was hooked. Caviezel is believable....

You can't go wrong with the guy who played our Lord and Savior in "The Passion of the Christ".

Dena

We don't have cable so we can't watch anything but DVD's. I'm wondering how Fringe will go this season. I guess I'll have to wait.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Cinemax has a new show titled Strike Back about a counter terrorism unit joint task force between the UK and the US. I saw the first two episodes during a free preview weekend. It was good. I'd like to see more, but I don't have the channel.

Starz has a new show with Kelsey Grammer; Boss that I want to check out. He plays the mayor of Chicago, and I think the premise is that he's corrupt and in the pocket of organized crime.

The new Thundercats on Cartoon Network is pretty good. It's on a break for a few weeks, but is supposed to be back in October. They aired six or seven episodes already, I think. The Looney Tunes Show is pretty decent too. And The Amazing World of Gumballmakes me laugh. Regular Show is fun too.

The new Marvel anime shows on G4 are good. They've aired most of Iron Man and Wolverine. Blade and X-Men are supposed to start soon.

BBC America has some good new shows. The Hour is another show set in the '60s, this time in London. It's about an hour long news show, and the behind the scenes along with some very good mystery and intrigue. They have a show starting Saturday about a haunted apartment complex, titled Bedlam. The complex is named Bedlam Heights. I'm going to give that a try. They also have a new show coming up about Jack the Ripper set back then. I don't recall the name offhand, but I'm looking forward to it.

AMC has that Hell on Wheels coming soon.

Showtime has Homeland premiering after Dexter this Sunday. That looks very good. It's about a POW who may have been turned against the US who comes home.

I think we should discuss the shows that came up over the summer, or maybe even Spring. Or how about last winter, or this winter? Some great shows have had their first seasons in seasons prior to autumn.