toldailytopic: Best new fall TV series of 2011?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 27th, 2011 09:19 AM

toldailytopic: Best new fall TV series of 2011?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

ragTagblues

Doesn't season 7 of Supernatural come out in the fall for you guys?

I canne wait for it to come out in England, season 6 was epic.

Breathe

Terra Nova was pretty good last night. I expect Dexter will be excellent, as usual, but it doesn't start until October.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course, I like the three CSI's (CSI, CSI: Miami, and CSI: New York). I also like Bluebloods, Hawaii Five-O, both NCIS shows, and Criminal Minds. Unforgettable and Persons of Interest are all right too.

Can you tell I watch CBS a lot? :chuckle:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll have to check Blue Bloods out.

The one I am enjoying is IRT Deadliest Roads, on the History Channel.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Best new fall TV series of 2011?

The only new show that's got my attention is: Person of Interest. Started slowly, but by the second act I was hooked. Caviezel is believable as an aging Jason Bourne sort of troubled soul with a violent past and Lost's Emerson works as the brilliant software designer who needs help utilizing the source of his riches to avert smaller disasters than the government cares to meddle with.

A promising beginning.

I'm looking forward to AMC's new show, Hell on Wheels, about a civil war soldier hunting the men who killed his wife and the next season of Justified, on FX.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
...Person of Interest.

I'm looking forward to AMC's new show, Hell on Wheels..,
I enjoyed Person of Interest and I've only seen one trailer for Hell on Wheels, but it made me interested.

As for the main question I don't know that I can answer it, yet. Not all of the shows have begun.

I do know that some of the shows aren't good enough to keep my interest. And there are some shows that I expect may be very good, but I'm not interested in them.

The CW comes to mind for the latter. Supernatural is the only show on that channel that I watch anymore. I checked out Ringer and The Secret Circle but they're geared toward the ladies. I expected the latter definitely would be, but I watched anyway because of Brit Robertson. I turned them both off before they were even halfway through. A friend told me he caught Hart of Dixie and liked it, but I know it's not my cup of tea. And I don't like reality TV so I'll refrain from H8R. Unless someone I like is the subject, but I doubt that will happen.

As for CBS, as I said I enjoyed Person of Interest. I watched the pilot for Unforgettable but it wasn't excellent, however as it was a pilot and it seems like a very promising premise I will watch tonight's episode to see if it lives up to its potential. And 2 Broke Girls was funny, so I'm willing to stick with it for now; I do like Kat Dennings. I haven't seen How to Be a Gentleman yet so I have no verdict there. It starts Thursday. A Gifted Man looks doomed from the start. I expect it be cancelled before the season ends, though it is possible it could at least be allowed to finish the season.

ABC has Pan Am with my favorite actress, Christina Ricci. It's set in the '60s and I've yet to find a show I disliked set in that era. There's also a subplot that looks very promising. Suburgatory is one I'll at least check out. Revenge wasn't worth it, but the premise had promise; too bad really. The new Charlie's Angels could be good. I usually like crime fighting shows, but as it's on at the same time as two other shows I refuse to miss I'll have to skip it.

NBC has The Playboy Club and as with Pan Am it's set in the '60s. I saw the pilot and it was very good, but I'm expecting certain liberal agendas to be pushed as it moves along, at least one in particular. But the intrigue and potential for mafia vs. law could be very good. But it's up against other shows I'm already invested in, so... Up All Night just bored me. Free Agentshad some very funny moments though. Hank Azaria is the primary reason for that. I like him. Whitney might be worth it as I like her as a comedian, but I think it's too early to tell. Prime Suspect was good though.

FOX has Terra Nova and I'm not interested. But I think it could do very well; it looks very good and if you are interested in the premise I see no reason not to watch it. New Girl with Zooey Deschanel has a lot of promise. I like her and I liked the first episode. I'll keep watching it.

That's it for the major networks. Next post will be about the cable shows.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I watch the television shows on DVD, so a season behind. I will watch 'House' because he is so obnoxious; seeing him in jail would be worth the commercials and the end when I want to see more.
Then it is "house', one episode!