toldailytopic: 'Baby Joseph' Gets Second Chance at Life in U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Okay - so do they have the scratch? Seriously, that is what it comes down to, right? They can pay to take the baby somewhere else and have his life prolonged. Bootstraps baby! Seriously, you guys will turn anything into political garbage. A couple of posters have already shown while this whole thing is being used in a terribly misleading way.

This is a very sad situation, which some conservatives have taken it upon themselves to turn it into political capital. Why? Because they simply do not want to be forced to pay for anyone else's health care. They will use any tool they can to avoid having to pay.

:sigh: Yeah...that's true.

That having been said. :plain:

:think: So, tell me...all political rhetoric aside.....Do you agree or disagree with what Knight just posted. Is it an unreasonable request?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just pulling Baby Joe off the respirator sounds draconian. It's a cruel way to end the life of a dying child that can't breathe on his own. He should have breathing assistance until the natural end of his life.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
News Flash From the Future:

20 years down the line, and the Tea Party successfully has revolutionized the American economy! Welfare programs have ceased to exist, medical care goes only to those who can afford it and...

Oops. This just in! Baby Joseph's funeral is scheduled for this Wednesday over at...

bybee

News Flash From the Future:

20 years down the line, and the Tea Party successfully has revolutionized the American economy! Welfare programs have ceased to exist, medical care goes only to those who can afford it and...

Oops. This just in! Baby Joseph's funeral is scheduled for this Wednesday over at...

Actually Trad, this happened in Canada...Just saying....:think:

Cracked

Actually Trad, this happened in Canada...Just saying....:think:

I believe he is stating that the other tea party alternative results in the same thing - if indeed the baby could have received any treatment at all under such a system.

rexlunae

The parents know the baby is dying, that's not the point. The parents would like to avoid the baby dying unnecessarily too soon and a unnecessarily painful death. That doesn't seem like an unreasonable request.

I agree, but it seems strange to take up as a pro-life issue since death is the outcome that all parties are planning for. The parents are pushing for a procedure which only makes sense in the context of making the death of the baby less jarring for them. If they were really going to save their baby, they'd keep him on a ventilator. The tracheotomy risks infection.

When you love somebody and they are dying you don't want the doctor scheduling the time, date, and way of death. Dying with dignity and in the most peaceful way possible seems like what a civil society would allow.

Interesting use of the phrase "dying with dignity". I don't know that anything can be done that would be dignified.

PyramidHead

Yeah! If this baby was born in America to rich parents, it could easily stay on the respirator!

Imagine if the parents of Baby Joseph were poor uninsured Americans :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.