toldailytopic: Animal hoarding. How many pets is too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishes

That was how my dad acted when we said we were getting them. Then again we have six and I think he had 30+ growing up.

I remember in 3rd grade putting on some of my hockey equipment before venturing into the coop because of some particularly nasty rooster.

I don't really eat meat anymore, but I would make an exception for chickens just to make sure there are fewer of them in the world.

Alate_One

I remember in 3rd grade putting on some of my hockey equipment before venturing into the coop because of some particularly nasty rooster.
I think I would just eat a rooster like that. We only have hens anyway so . . .

I don't really eat meat anymore, but I would make an exception for chickens just to make sure there are fewer of them in the world.
You know that purchasing them just leads to more production. :p

Cracked

I'm glad you have an intimate connection with your cats. I prefer other people, but I suppose as long as you think you talk to God, an animal or eight cannot hurt anything. So I guess there is nothing extra peculiar about you over and above your animism.

You might consider owning an animal, because the shelters are full, and it would be compassionate thing to do. I really don't think that care for other lifeforms is the exclusive purview of silly God talkers, like TH, myself, and many others here.

EDIT: I can't spell

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm glad you have an intimate connection with your cats. I prefer other people, but I suppose as long as you think you talk to God, an animal or eight cannot hurt anything. So I guess there is nothing extra peculiar about you over and above your animism.

Why would you think that?

The better question might be why you're such a cold soul and a wet blanket to boot...

Aimiel

I have literally hundreds, but it's not enough. My wife wants to get chickens, so we don't have to pay for eggs any more. Seriously: my 100 gallon marine aquarium has hundreds of life-forms in it. Most of them only come out at night. There are several different types of coral, and the soft corals there are hundreds, but the small-polyp-stony corals, there are thousands. There are also dozens of hermit crabs, snails (one of which is as big as a golf ball), several types of worms, copepods and many other tiny critters in addition to my Powder Blue Tang, Coral Beauty Angelfish, two Clown Anemone Fish and six Blue-Green Chromis as well as three shrimp. Also, my daughter has three tiny freshwater fish in her ten gallon tank in her room.

Squishes

You might consider owning an animal, because the shelters are full, and it would be compassionate thing to do. I really don't think that care for other lifeforms is the exclusive preview of silly God talkers, like TH, myself, and many others here.

Rescuing animals from a bad situation is a good reason to own animals.

I was talking about people who wanted animals because they thought an emotionally satisfying (or healthy) relationship with an animal was possible.

Nydhogg

I didn't say that. I had pets when I was a kid. I had dogs, cats, horses, mice, etc. But I don't think I would get a pet again. Come to think of it, there is something peculiar about an adult who gains some sort of companionship with an animal (especially snakes, birds, etc).

Dogs are friendly.
They're happy to have you around.
They give lots of affection, and they reward care with loyalty.

They're funny, too. They do lots of weird things.

What's wrong about'em?

Status
Not open for further replies.