toldailytopic: 4 years later, how has Obama impacted this nation?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 7th, 2012 10:05 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Doormat

Well, I drink more, and then there's the night sweats ...

Oh, you asked how has he impacted the nation. Sorry.

oldhermit

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for September 7th, 2012 10:05 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

I have absolutely no regard for the competency of the man as Commander and Chief. As President, I can only regester a vote of no confidence. However, I think that this man has rendered a valuable service to the conservitive conciousness of the nation. He seems to have awakened the people to the deplorable state into which our nation has fallen. He represents everything that is wrong in our country. People are beginning to make a stand against the collapsing moral and ethical standard of society and the corruption of mega government. Hopefully, this will result in a revitalization of a purer standard of moral integrity. Obama is not the problem, he is only the symptom of a much deeper problem of a colapsing moral society.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is by no means an endorsement for Romney. But lets face it liberals... left wing policy is a death sentence for an economy. How many times does that fact need to be proved??? The bigger the government, the less the private sector produces. The less the private sector produces the less jobs there are available and the less tax revenue will be generated.

Big governments kill thriving economies.

Bush and the democratic congress got the ball rolling and then Obama put the ball on steroids.

You liberals need to realize that to have a thriving economy you need to back off. Let companies and people innovate and create wealth. Don't get so worried that some guy or some company MIGHT make a fortune on some venture. Let the people succeed!! By trying to limit business... you limit EVERYONE.

Obama has been a unmitigated disaster.

Although I'm sure Jimmy Carter is happy. At least now he might shed that "worst President in US history" title.

Granite

Hall of Fame
He really hasn't changed much, and I didn't expect him too. They're caretakers of the status quo, no more, no less. Gitmo's still open, we've still got the Patriot Act, we're still in Afghanistan. We're still an empire in decline. I don't expect any one man to change that.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He really hasn't changed much, and I didn't expect him too.
What type of crack are you smoking??

He has ballooned the IRS.
He has ballooned the federal debt.
He has lowered the USA's credit rating.
He has effectively removed the USA from the status of a superpower.
He has wasted billions of dollars on failed energy policy.
He has ballooned gas prices by restricting oil companies beyond anything any president has ever done.
He has ballooned unemployment.
He has caused class warfare and division.
He has set into a motion the government take-over of the healthcare industry that will likely cause this country irreparable harm.

And that's just a small taste of Obama's legacy.

glorydaz

This is by no means an endorsement for Romney. But lets face it liberals... left wing policy is a death sentence for an economy. How many times does that fact need to be proved??? The bigger the government, the less the private sector produces. The less the private sector produces the less jobs there are available and the less tax revenue will be generated.

Big governments kill thriving economies.

Bush and the democratic congress got the ball rolling and then Obama put the ball on steroids.

You liberals need to realize that to have a thriving economy you need to back off. Let companies and people innovate and create wealth. Don't get so worried that some guy or some company MIGHT make a fortune on some venture. Let the people succeed!! By trying to limit business... you limit EVERYONE.

Obama has been a unmitigated disaster.

Although I'm sure Jimmy Carter is happy. At least now he might shed that "worst President in US history" title.

My sentiments exactly. :thumb:

oldhermit

He has ballooned gas prices by restricting oil companies beyond anything any president has ever done.
He has set into a motion the government take-over of the healthcare industry that will likely cause this country irreparable harm.

AMEN!!!

Granite

Hall of Fame

...which means he has carried on what was started before him. All these guys do anymore, at least since 1968ish, is pick up the baton and carry on. And to blame a president for singlehandedly causing (or even preventing) some of these problems is just flat-out wrong. The guy's not a caesar. He hasn't done any of this. The system he oversees, the system he caretakes on behalf of his corporate masters--this is their handiwork. This is what they want, and this is what they're getting. As a figurehead, he, like any president, is easy to blame. But it's a mistake to. By way of example: I didn't blame Dubya for Iraq or Afghanistan, simply because it wasn't his decision (or idea). All he was supposed to do was sell the idea. And that's really the biggest qualification for the presidency these days: Can this guy (or gal) sell our message and keep the program rolling?

glorydaz

I have absolutely no regard for the competency of the man as Commander and Chief. As President, I can only regester a vote of no confidence. However, I think that this man has rendered a valuable service to the conservitive conciousness of the nation. He seems to have awakened the people to the deplorable state into which our nation has fallen. He represents everything that is wrong in our country. People are beginning to make a stand against the collapsing moral and ethical standard of society and the corruption of mega government. Hopefully, this will result in a revitalization of a purer standard of moral integrity. Obama is not the problem, he is only the symptom of a much deeper problem of a colapsing moral society.

I agree. Less than two years after he took office, the tea party stepped up in protest. These are the real Americans, and their numbers will only grow the worse things get. In that respect, Obama has been good for our country.

Well, maybe I won't go quite that far. He needs to go, because I don't see how we survive another four years under his watch.

glorydaz

...which means he has carried on what was started before him. All these guys do anymore, at least since 1968ish, is pick up the baton and carry on. And to blame a president for singlehandedly causing (or even preventing) some of these problems is just flat-out wrong. The guy's not a caesar. He hasn't done any of this. The system he oversees, the system he caretakes on behalf of his corporate masters--this is their handiwork. This is what they want, and this is what they're getting. As a figurehead, he, like any president, is easy to blame. But it's a mistake to. By way of example: I didn't blame Dubya for Iraq or Afghanistan, simply because it wasn't his decision (or idea). All he was supposed to do was sell the idea. And that's really the biggest qualification for the presidency these days: Can this guy (or gal) sell our message and keep the program rolling?

What about the budget? There has been no budget since he's been in office. He had two whole years in control of both houses of Congress, and he wasted them pushing through Obamacare. When he did finally put forth a budget, even his own party wouldn't cast a vote for it. That should tell you, he's an "uncommon" president.

oldhermit

I agree. Less than two years after he took office, the tea party stepped up in protest. These are the real Americans, and their numbers will only grow the worse things get. In that respect, Obama has been good for our country.

Well, maybe I won't go quite that far. He needs to go, because I don't see how we survive another four years under his watch.

It will behoove us to remember that it is the Lord who sets up king and takes down kings. No ruller assumes the throne so to speak without the blessing of the Almighty. But temember, sometimes he sets up some leaders as an act of judgement upon a nation. If this is the type of leader this nation wants, God will see to it that we have it and to our own destruction. If this country does not return to the Lord and get our moral act together, it will not matter what state our ecconomics are in, we will not stand.

Granite

Hall of Fame
What about the budget? There has been no budget since he's been in office.

I don't think is correct at all. Rep. Ryan's so called "Path to Prosperity" was offered as an alternative to either his 2011/2012 budget, but, yeah, I'm pretty sure the federal government's had an operating budget since Obama was elected.

When he did finally put forth a budget, even his own party wouldn't cast a vote for it.

Again, I don't think is true.

That should tell you, he's an "uncommon" president.

He's uncommon for a lot of different reasons. But this isn't Sim City and no president rules by fiat and can simply effect change whenever he or she feels like it. Doesn't work that way, thankfully.

oldhermit

Knight was right. You are on crack. I will not deny that this man inherited a mess, but he did not simply pick up the baton, he upped the anti by 10 trillion dollars in debt and has all but destroyed free enterprise in America. This man has got to go!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight was right. You are on crack. I will not deny that this man inherited a mess, but he did not simply pick up the baton, he upped the anti by 10 trillion dollars in debt and has all but destroyed free enterprise in America. This man has got to go!

...which is exactly what anyone else in his place would have done. We're supposed to be on the decline and we're being deliberately gutted. Don't waste my time trying to sell me on the idea that Old Man McCain, Mittens '08, or Hillary would have done anything better.

oldhermit

...which is exactly what anyone else in his place would have done. We're supposed to be on the decline and we're being deliberately gutted. Don't waste my time trying to sell me on the idea that Old Man McCain, Mittens '08, or Hillary would have done anything better.

I am not sure that McCain would have been any better but I am sure that Hillary would have been at least as bad. This however, does not excuse Obama for his incompetancy over the past 4 years.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I am not sure that McCain would have been any better but I am sure that Hillary would have been at least as bad. This however, does not excuse Obama for his incompetancy over the past 4 years.

Hermit, that's the point: these people are interchangeable. Doesn't matter who's in there; the show goes on, the system keeps on feeding, the wheels keep rolling. What does it tell you when you're sure anyone in there would have done at least as crummy a job as the current guy in the big seat?

Doesn't matter who's in there. Blame the ones they serve, not the empty suits.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We don't know how bad Hillary or McCain would have been. I'm sure they would have been awful. But I highly doubt either one of them would have had the dramatic negative impact Obama has had on this nation.

Yet all of that is irrelevant. Obama got elected and therefore it's him that is to blame for the deep mess we are in.