TOD: What is your favorite Bible Scripture Verse?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isaiah 6:5:

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

AMR

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
James 3:2

For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.

:)

Todah

The eye has not seen;
The ear has not heard;
Nor has it entered into the heart of man,
What God has prepared for those who love Him.

1 Cor 2:9..... originally from Isaiah chapter 64

zoo22

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love

1 Cor13:13

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Isaiah 6:5:

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

AMR

RC Sproul's Holiness of God was FANTASTIC... thanks for reminding me of that tonight!!:D

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
One of 'em:

Isa 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
Isa 26:4 Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.
-ESV

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Another, which I love to say in Hebrew:

Psa 121:4 Hineh, lo yanum v'lo yishan shomer Yisrael.

andyc

I really love Romans 8:29.
It reveals the heart of God so absolutely, and its something that can't be fully appreciated in this in this life.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.
For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

(See also, Deuteronomy 31:6, 8; Joshua 1:5)

heir

TOL Subscriber
There are so many, but since you want just one and rocketman posted Galatians 2:20 (one of my favorites) already, I'll have to go with

Colossians 2:13 KJV And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Jeremiah 9:24]
Which god are you talking about? :AMR: Your god has a character flaw. :freak: Our God was worthy to die for us (Rev. 5:2, 4). Our God could not say “yes” to sin (1 Jn 5:15, 1 John 3:5). He is holy and worthy of worship (Rev. 5:9–14).

SD: “ Could he [Jesus] have sinned?
Godrulz: “I believe He could have, but did not…” link

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Which god are you talking about? :AMR: Your god has a character flaw. :freak: Our God was worthy to die for us (Rev. 5:2, 4). Our God could not say “yes” to sin (1 Jn 5:15, 1 John 3:5). He is holy and worthy of worship (Rev. 5:9–14).

We are talking about the same triune God with Jesus being Almighty God in the flesh, one person with two natures. Just because we differ on the impeccability of Christ does not mean I have a Mormon, Muslim, JW God vs your Christian God that is identical to mine. Quit turning Calvinism into a sect/cult.

There is no difference between your sinless Jesus and my SINLESS Jesus. They are equally perfect, sinless. God having a will, intellect, and emotions and man being in His image does not mean that we deify man or humanize God.

Don't be a dope. If you cannot handle Christian dialogue over debatable issues, go play somewhere else. Likewise, rejecting a wrong Calvinistic view of sovereignty is NOT rejecting a biblical view of sovereignty nor is it tantamount to one of us having God and the other having a false god like Allah or Buddha.

Calvinists are ignorant and arrogant and wrong about many things. Ironically, your view impugns His character and ways (double predestination, evil, etc.), but my view does not compromise any biblical truth, properly understood.

i.e. you attack straw men and beg the question.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Just because we differ on the impeccability of Christ does not mean I have a Mormon, Muslim, JW God vs your Christian God that is identical to mine..."
Your Jesus is not too different from men born after Adam (Ge 5:3; Job 15:14; 25:4; Ps 51:5). The Jesus of scripture is 100% God and 100% human yet without sin (2 Co 5:21; Heb 4:15; 7:26; 1 Jn 3:5). He is worthy to open the book (Rev. 5:2, 4). He is worthy to receive worship (Rev. 5:9–14).

See:

Could Jesus have sinned (peccability or impeccability)? If Jesus could not have sinned, what was the point of the temptation?

What was Jesus like as a person? What were Jesus' personality traits?

"Quit turning Calvinism into a sect/cult..."
:yawn: I'm not a Calvinist.

"There is no difference between your sinless Jesus and my sinless Jesus..."
Your Jesus is the freakshow portrayed in the movie The Last Temptation of Christ by Martin Scorsese.

"God having a will, intellect, and emotions and man being in His image does not mean that we deify man or humanize God..."
How could anyone trust your Jesus who could succumb to sin at any time (Ps 22:3). Thank God we don't have to (Jn 17:11) because your Jesus does not exist. You have no proof from scripture that he ever did.
"If you cannot handle Christian dialogue over debatable issues, go play somewhere else..."
"...But you have a drinking problem." ~ Homer Simpson :freak:
"Ironically, your view impugns His character and ways (double predestination, evil, etc.)..."
:yawn: Strawman.

I reject double predestination. Will you discuss Moon Unit's shopping habits now? :rolleyes:

"...[Y]ou attack straw men and beg the question..."
:yawn: I attack your claim:

Last edited: