that sweet tobacco posey

is th' rose of Alabama"- Outlaw Josey Wales

One of my favorite movies

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thats your problem.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong
Show me where the Bible says smoking is a sin.
As for alcohol, again, "drunkenness" is the sin that the Bible mentions. Having a sip of wine is not drunkenness.

Besides, it is a sin for a man NOT to have ever had a fine cigar as far as I am concerned.
Rishon, Ziv 28, Laylah, Omer 43.

You are in error.

I do not have a problem.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jacob, you've got to start thinking of smoking in a positive way. Think of it this way: "Where there's SMOKE, there's fire and where there's fire, there's a barbeque." Now, isn't that better?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Rishon, Ziv 28, Laylah, Omer 43.

You are in error.

I do not have a problem.

I did not say you had a problem. I said, if you do not drink the traditional wine at Passover, that's YOUR problem, which is to say that's your issue to deal with.

As for Rishon, Ziv 28, Laylah, Omer 43, Im have no idea what those are

Danoh

Shalom.

Today is Chamishi (Fifth) Ziv 25. It is Yom. Omer 40.

I would like to take the time to address Tobacco use. It should not take place. I am against drugs and drug use. Tobacco is a drug.

Where I live people used to use drugs, but not me. I am a Jew and a Citizen of the United States of America. I am glad that drug use is not allowed here. I am sorry to see staff or nursing staff promoting or encouraging drug use.

Shalom.

Jacob

An encouragment, Jacob...

In the following, one aspect of the word "prophet" is that of someone who speaks on behalf of, or in place of someone else.

Exodus 4:14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 4:15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

Exodus 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.

Well that is what you are attempting to do - to speak out against what you assert God Himself is against - as His prophet or spokesperson on these issues.

In this, your stance against tobacco and alcohol use is right, Jacob.

BUT...

...you see this...

Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

IF...

...that is you, Jacob, you should be easily able to base your assertion (against drinking and smoking) on Scripture.

You're right. Where those two issues are concerned, Scripture IS on your side.

But where is your Scripture backed argument?

For again...

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Of course, those passages are referring to a Dispensational (or "due season") issue, Luke 12:42.

But they nevertheless still assert the Jew should know his Law and the Prophets on ANY issue he stands for or against.

Otherwise you are no more a prophet (as meant in this post: one who speaks God's written Word on a matter) than all the other posters on here who far too often post their own ignorance on a thing as some sort of an argument God is supposedly on the side of.

What say you to this, Jacob?

Where is your Scripture backed speaking forth of God's will on this issue (or on any other you so often fail to prove through Scripture)?

You're right to oppose those two vices...

And the Scripture is on your side.

But at this point yours is merely your having guessed right.

And guessing at a thing right, is no way to uphold the Scripture.

All you did was post "smoke."

No surprise then that the ever proving himself still lost and on his way to the lake of fire, Catholic Crusader and his Roman Catholic diatribe from hell, was so easily able to mock you.

You ought to know way better on these issues than such a continually self-proven reprobate of an individual, as he and his kind.

For "thou art called a Jew..."

Or so you assert.

In which case, Jacob, step up to the plate, and PROVE your case - Scripture in hand...

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, you've got to start thinking of smoking in a positive way. Think of it this way: "Where there's SMOKE, there's fire and where there's fire, there's a barbeque." Now, isn't that better?

It is Rishon, Ziv 28, Yom, Boker, Omer 43.

I believe you are trying to be humorous or that you thought of this or that you want to make a point here about something. If you are trying to make a point I do not know what it is.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I did not say you had a problem. I said, if you do not drink the traditional wine at Passover, that's YOUR problem, which is to say that's your issue to deal with.

As for Rishon, Ziv 28, Laylah, Omer 43, Im have no idea what those are

It is not a problem to not drink wine at Passover.

Rishon means first. It is the first day of the week. Ziv is the second month. Laylah is Night. Yom is Day. Boker is Morning. Omer 43 has to do with the count of the Omer.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
An encouragment, Jacob...

In the following, one aspect of the word "prophet" is that of someone who speaks on behalf of, or in place of someone else.

Exodus 4:14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 4:15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

Exodus 7:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet. 7:2 Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.

Well that is what you are attempting to do - to speak out against what you assert God Himself is against - as His prophet or spokesperson on these issues.

In this, your stance against tobacco and alcohol use is right, Jacob.

BUT...

...you see this...

Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

IF...

...that is you, Jacob, you should be easily able to base your assertion (against drinking and smoking) on Scripture.

You're right. Where those two issues are concerned, Scripture IS on your side.

But where is your Scripture backed argument?

For again...

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Of course, those passages are referring to a Dispensational (or "due season") issue, Luke 12:42.

But they nevertheless still assert the Jew should know his Law and the Prophets on ANY issue he stands for or against.

Otherwise you are no more a prophet (as meant in this post: one who speaks God's written Word on a matter) than all the other posters on here who far too often post their own ignorance on a thing as some sort of an argument God is supposedly on the side of.

What say you to this, Jacob?

Where is your Scripture backed speaking forth of God's will on this issue (or on any other you so often fail to prove through Scripture)?

You're right to oppose those two vices...

And the Scripture is on your side.

But at this point yours is merely your having guessed right.

And guessing at a thing right, is no way to uphold the Scripture.

All you did was post "smoke."

No surprise then that the ever proving himself still lost and on his way to the lake of fire, Catholic Crusader and his Roman Catholic diatribe from hell, was so easily able to mock you.

You ought to know way better on these issues than such a continually self-proven reprobate of an individual, as he and his kind.

For "thou art called a Jew..."

Or so you assert.

In which case, Jacob, step up to the plate, and PROVE your case - Scripture in hand...

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

I am sorry but I am a Jew and I have no scripture for you on these matters. It makes sense to me that you would take care of your body the way that God wants you to.

popsthebuilder

Splitting hairs.

Smokers continually smoke because they are addicted regardless of how they justify it.

I don't there are too many casual smokers. I know some that smoke or smoke more when they drink, but that is a seperate matter.
Smoking CAN be an addiction, just like drinking, or gambling, or eating, or sex, but it is not automatically an addiction.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Danoh

I am sorry but I am a Jew and I have no scripture for you on these matters. It makes sense to me that you would take care of your body the way that God wants you to.

So much for...

Rom. 5:6-8.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Splitting hairs.

Smokers continually smoke because they are addicted regardless of how they justify it.

I don't there are too many casual smokers. I know some that smoke or smoke more when they drink, but that is a separate matter.

I believe my original example was cigar smokers.

Do you agree that if I am not a smoker and I decide to have a cigar, that it is not a sin? If you agree then we are in agreement on this subject

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So much for...

Rom. 5:6-8.
Incorrect.

If I may you do have some ignorance.

Danoh

Splitting hairs.

I don't there are too many casual smokers. I know some that smoke or smoke more when they drink, but that is a seperate matter.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Something to think on, pops...

Yeah, as to your above, but where is your Scriptural basis - not only against such (a) as vices, but against such (b) as an addiction.

Obviously, a Roman Catholic would just make up whatever justifies their error, as their pagan traditions are based on their having made things up as they went along; but what's your excuse for not being able to back your assertion up with Scripture?

Isaiah 8:20

Danoh

Incorrect.

If I may you do have some ignorance.

You are the one claiming to be a Jew.

So be one.

Here is its standard...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are the one claiming to be a Jew.

So be one.

Here is its standard...

You are incorrect. My understanding is that you are not a Jew and you therefore do not know what it means to be a Jew.

What you are demanding of me is unclear and unreasonable.

Your standard is not mine.