ECT To build others up as disciples of Christ…

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
never said it was. never. so i don't know where you are trying to go on that subject. but, yes i agree with you :up:
When Jesus had ascended, do you believe He had already returned? Do you believe He did or did not return when Paul was on the road to Damascus (this is, by the way, before Paul wrote about how Jesus will come a second time sometime in the future)?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When Jesus had ascended, do you believe He had already returned? Do you believe He did or did not return when Paul was on the road to Damascus (this is, by the way, before Paul wrote about how Jesus will come a second time sometime in the future)?

semantics. yes. Christ came to Paul. it's not the return of Jesus Christ from Revelation :bang:

Levolor

It doesn't have to do with consuming assuming or retaining knowledge, it has to do with spiritual growth and maturity, that is... what a person needs to know next as a part of their growth (the process whereby a person grows in Christ from infancy to maturity) is the knowledge that can be imparted to someone that they would grow thereby.

Yes. Agreed.

And, btw, since you used my conclusion to ask why I thought that, I now know that you didn't understand anything of what I wrote, nor wished to consider it, imo.

So... I shall bow out now.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes. Agreed.

And, btw, since you used my conclusion to ask why I thought that, I now know that you didn't understand anything of what I wrote, nor wished to consider it, imo.

So... I shall bow out now.
My response was thoughtful. I don't know what more you require of me. I believe I have done what I can in responding to you. Was it something you concluded from a fact or set of facts, or was it a summary of what you were saying?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My response was thoughtful. I don't know what more you require of me. I believe I have done what I can in responding to you. Was it something you concluded from a fact or set of facts, or was it a summary of what you were saying?

i said i agreed with you. you're making something out of nothing. if you went back and read from the first post, you'll see, i never said that. you are adding words and ideas and attributing it to me. i'll stay off your thread. i require nothing from anyone on here , btw - :rapture: - and yes your posts are thoughtful

Levolor

i said i agreed with you. you're making something out of nothing. if you went back and read from the first post, you'll see, i never said that. you are adding words and ideas and attributing it to me. i'll stay off your thread. i require nothing from anyone on here , btw - :rapture: - and yes your posts are thoughtful

That was to me, Patrick. For some reason, we are having mis- understandings in this thread? (LOL, maybe it was the flirting comment?)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
wow. Revelation in The Bible IS The Revelation. this isn't sunday school. any other revelation is a "revealing". stop mincing words please. i'm outta here :patrol:
Some say it is the revelation of or to John, but it (the book of Revelation) says it is the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Levolor

You are fine, Untellectual. We are all, apparently, misunderstanding one another. It can be frustrating.

God bless.

Levolor

Flirting is not building up nor it is love which levolor is practicing..

It is simply nauseating.

When I had referred to this post by Meshak, it did not have my name in it and I was considering it to be a curse upon the thread.

And that is when I posted this:

That was to me, Patrick. For some reason, we are having mis- understandings in this thread? (LOL, maybe it was the flirting comment?)

And that made you ask me about my gender?

Regardless of my gender, I do not flirt. I have the joy of the Lord and no doubt it comes through in all of my posts... no matter who they are to.

The accusation is made purely due to jealousy and no doubt due to many other difficulties in Meshak's soul... namely, in this case, that of hating Jesus' disciples.

I was right, it was a curse upon the thread. Figures, if you think about the name of thread.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When I had referred to this post by Meshak, it did not have my name in it and I was considering it to be a curse upon the thread.

And that is when I posted this:

And that made you ask me about my gender?

Regardless of my gender, I do not flirt. I have the joy of the Lord and no doubt it comes through in all of my posts... no matter who they are to.

The accusation is made purely due to jealousy and no doubt due to many other difficulties in Meshak's soul... namely, in this case, that of hating Jesus' disciples.

I was right, it was a curse upon the thread. Figures, if you think about the name of thread.

it didn't make me ask you. and i won't let anything meshak does curse me or any thread. i take her with a grain of salt, mostly. i admit, i didn't think of asking that until a day or 2 ago. maybe a meshak post. don't let it bother you. forget i asked - :granite:

kayaker

We need...

The teaching of Jesus.
God’s commands.
That which is true.

I appreciate where you're coming from, Untellectual...

That which defines a disciple was offered by Jesus between John 8:12, and John 8:47, with particular interest in John 8:31 KJV, and John 8:32 KJV. Only between these verses did Jesus ever illuminate HIS door into discipleship, those who Scripturally discern His divinity. Jesus was affirming His divinity to those seeking his crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV. Some believed Jesus (John 8:30), and Jesus momentarily directed His attention to his believers when He said John 8:31 KJV, and John 8:32 KJV. The rest of His dialogue between John 8:12, and John 8:47 was with His detractors seeking His crucifixion.

Jesus said both He and His Father were two witnesses to His divinity (John 8:17, 19). Witnesses testify, Untellectual. Jesus' testimony was that which He "saw" while He was "with" His Father (John 8:38 KJV). His Father's testimony was that which Jesus "heard" from His Father (John 8:40 KJV).

If I may be so bold Untellectual... when one can Scripturally support Jesus' testimony, that which He "saw" with His Father; AND Scripturally support what Jesus "heard" from His Father... then, one is a "disciple indeed" (John 8:31 KJV, John 8:32 KJV).

This is the "truth shall make you free" and such is not a generalization as the multitudes suggest. Jesus mentioned the difference between believers and disciples during His exclusive dialogue with His DISCIPLES between Matthew 13:10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, concluding to His disciples:

Matthew 13:16, 17, KJV "But blessed are you eyes (disciples), for they see: and your ears, for they hear (disciples). 17) For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear and have not heard them."​

Many are called, few chosen. Believers believe Jesus' divinity. Disciples Scripturally discern His divinity. These two testimonies of these two Divine witness escapes the multitudes, Untellectual. In fact, few even recognize His door into discipleship.

kayaker

Levolor

Many are called, few chosen. Believers believe Jesus' divinity. Disciples Scripturally discern His divinity. These two testimonies of these two Divine witness escapes the multitudes, Untellectual. In fact, few even recognize His door into discipleship.

kayaker

And then, also, many of those who are chosen run from their calling...

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I appreciate where you're coming from, Untellectual...

That which defines a disciple was offered by Jesus between John 8:12, and John 8:47, with particular interest in John 8:31 KJV, and John 8:32 KJV. Only between these verses did Jesus ever illuminate HIS door into discipleship, those who Scripturally discern His divinity. Jesus was affirming His divinity to those seeking his crucifixion (John 8:37 KJV. Some believed Jesus (John 8:30), and Jesus momentarily directed His attention to his believers when He said John 8:31 KJV, and John 8:32 KJV. The rest of His dialogue between John 8:12, and John 8:47 was with His detractors seeking His crucifixion.

Jesus said both He and His Father were two witnesses to His divinity (John 8:17, 19). Witnesses testify, Untellectual. Jesus' testimony was that which He "saw" while He was "with" His Father (John 8:38 KJV). His Father's testimony was that which Jesus "heard" from His Father (John 8:40 KJV).

If I may be so bold Untellectual... when one can Scripturally support Jesus' testimony, that which He "saw" with His Father; AND Scripturally support what Jesus "heard" from His Father... then, one is a "disciple indeed" (John 8:31 KJV, John 8:32 KJV).

This is the "truth shall make you free" and such is not a generalization as the multitudes suggest. Jesus mentioned the difference between believers and disciples during His exclusive dialogue with His DISCIPLES between Matthew 13:10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, concluding to His disciples:

Matthew 13:16, 17, KJV "But blessed are you eyes (disciples), for they see: and your ears, for they hear (disciples). 17) For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear and have not heard them."​

kayaker

Shalom.

There is a lot of good scripture here. Thank you.

Shalom.

Jacob