Timely example of insular leftist stupidity

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm not afraid to try now things and I am not so self centered that I would deny others what they might like

You do know that Archie is still alive and well in Reverdale and being published in his own monthly comic...right?

The current issue:

You do know they killed him off before and said he died from a bullet that he took for his "gay best friend" named kevin? (when everyone knows archies best friend wasnt a fag named kevin but jughead )

Death of Archie. 72 years after the character's first appearance in Dec 1941, in April 2014, Archie Comics decided that the adult Archie would be killed in the July 2014 issue (#36) of Life with Archie, while the teenage Archie would continue in the other Archie comic series titles.
Archie Andrews - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Andrews

They did that to spin it off. It flopped - riverdale is a new comic using archie.

MrDante

You do know they killed him off before and said he died from a bullet that he took for his "gay best friend" named kevin? (when everyone knows archies best friend wasnt a fag named kevin but jughead )

Death of Archie. 72 years after the character's first appearance in Dec 1941, in April 2014, Archie Comics decided that the adult Archie would be killed in the July 2014 issue (#36) of Life with Archie, while the teenage Archie would continue in the other Archie comic series titles.
Archie Andrews - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archie_Andrews

They did that to spin it off. It flopped - riverdale is a new comic using archie.

They killed off Captain America and Superman too.

and the current issue is of Archie, not Riverdale

Archie20Main-666x1024.jpg

See the name right at the top?

shagster01

To me it's like when Star Wars was bought by Disney. Now all of us that read the expanded universe novels feel like we wasted our time. It's not who the characters are, it's the fact that they changed all the info I invested learning about them already.

If they want more diverse superheroes, that's fine. But make them, don't change existing ones.

musterion

To me it's like when Star Wars was bought by Disney. Now all of us that read the expanded universe novels feel like we wasted our time. It's not who the characters are, it's the fact that they changed all the info I invested learning about them already.

If they want more diverse superheroes, that's fine. But make them, don't change existing ones.

Then you'd agree the needlessly black Stormtrooper, made black just for the gesture of being black, was a stupid decision in light of clone "canon." Or Johnny Storm being made black...just because. Or...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
My point is that most (but not all) you are dealing with on here, do not embody the Christ of Scripture such only assert they embody.

You mean saved by grace instead of works kind? Seems to me youre thinking double minded. (grace plus works)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Exactly, but dont look for that happen, they know full well it wont sell.

MrDante

Then you'd agree the needlessly black Stormtrooper, made black just for the gesture of being black, was a stupid decision in light of clone "canon." Or Johnny Storm being made black...just because. Or...

“I think the people who are complaining about that probably have bigger problems than there’s a black Stormtrooper” JJ Abrams

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

have you ever seen the movie "Watermelon Man"?

if Marvel really wanted to make an interesting character, they should create one who started out as a racist white and became black, and create story lines around that - the character's difficulties dealing with a change in self-identification and encounters with racism

i'd read that :)

shagster01

The clone program had ended by then. He was an abducted child raised to be a stormtrooper. Black kids can get abducted too.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
have you ever seen the movie "Watermelon Man"?

if Marvel really wanted to make an interesting character, they should create one who started out as a racist white and became black, and create story lines around that - the character's difficulties dealing with a change in self-identification and encounters with racism

i'd read that :)
"I was born a poor black child"

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Apparently the sales of comic books are down, Marvel's in particular. Apparently the company had sex changed a few characters and other liberal whatnot, to no avail. But when asked what the problem was, Marvel's VP of Sales reportedly said this [emphasis added] ...

So sales are off, especially of particular "diversity" initiatives. Yet when you get specific feedback FROM THE PEOPLE NO LONGER BUYING YOUR TITLES WHO TELL YOU THE DIVERSITY IDIOCY IS PART OF THE PROBLEM, you simply can't believe it even though it's their stated reason for not buying.

That's a solid business model right there.

Typical leftist idiot who can't fathom people not thinking as he does.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-vp-blames-women-and-diversity-for-sales-slump-1793921500
The "take away" from this thread is that the readership of Marvel comics is predominantly conservative!