Timely example of insular leftist stupidity

musterion

Apparently the sales of comic books are down, Marvel's in particular. Apparently the company had sex changed a few characters and other liberal whatnot, to no avail. But when asked what the problem was, Marvel's VP of Sales reportedly said this [emphasis added] ...

What we heard was that people didn’t want any more diversity. They didn’t want female characters out there. That’s what we heard, whether we believe that or not. I don’t know that that’s really true, but that’s what we saw in sales. We saw the sales of any character that was diverse, any character that was new, our female characters, anything that was not a core Marvel character, people were turning their nose up against. That was difficult for us because we had a lot of fresh, new, exciting ideas that we were trying to get out and nothing new really worked.

So sales are off, especially of particular "diversity" initiatives. Yet when you get specific feedback FROM THE PEOPLE NO LONGER BUYING YOUR TITLES WHO TELL YOU THE DIVERSITY IDIOCY IS PART OF THE PROBLEM, you simply can't believe it even though it's their stated reason for not buying.

That's a solid business model right there.

Typical leftist idiot who can't fathom people not thinking as he does.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-vp-blames-women-and-diversity-for-sales-slump-1793921500

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Apparently the sales of comic books are down, Marvel's in particular. Apparently the company had sex changed a few characters and other liberal whatnot, to no avail. But when asked what the problem was, Marvel's VP of Sales reportedly said this [emphasis added] ...

So sales are off, especially of particular "diversity" initiatives. Yet when you get specific feedback FROM THE PEOPLE NO LONGER BUYING YOUR TITLES WHO TELL YOU THE DIVERSITY IDIOCY IS PART OF THE PROBLEM, you simply can't believe it even though it's their stated reason for not buying.

That's a solid business model right there.

Typical leftist idiot who can't fathom people not thinking as he does.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/marvel-vp-blames-women-and-diversity-for-sales-slump-1793921500

They probably were about to release some new "Gay" characters.

MrDante

Except industry monitors Comic Book Review and Comichron paint a different picture. CBR identifies seven Seven Marvel titles that are engaged in this "diversity" thing you all are so upset about, Thor, Elektra, The Avengers, Invincible IronMan, Champions, Young Avengers and Ms. Marvel. All of these titles are in Marvels' top ten best sellers.

Maybe Marvel's problem is the 80% price hike on the comics themselves
Maybe it's market saturation, Marvel has put out six new titles so far in 2017
Maybe it's the fact that Marvel is notoriously bad about keeping publication deadlines
Maybe it's the sales increase DC comics have been experiencing.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Except industry monitors Comic Book Review and Comichron paint a different picture. CBR identifies seven Seven Marvel titles that are engaged in this "diversity" thing you all are so upset about, Thor, Elektra, The Avengers, Invincible IronMan, Champions, Young Avengers and Ms. Marvel. All of these titles are in Marvels' top ten best sellers.

Maybe Marvel's problem is the 80% price hike on the comics themselves
Maybe it's market saturation, Marvel has put out six new titles so far in 2017
Maybe it's the fact that Marvel is notoriously bad about keeping publication deadlines
Maybe it's the sales increase DC comics have been experiencing.

or maybe comic book fans don't like having fags pushed on them :idunno:

Danoh

or maybe comic book fans don't like having fags pushed on them :idunno:

Comic book fans tend to be a kind of Trekie and or of the Star Wars types - in their own world.

Result being that yesterday's comic book fans are still stuck, for example, in the old, old comic book versions of Superman and so on, whereas today's fans are now stuck in a newer version of him, they now also don't want to see changed.

The latter would be bored to tears by the likes of an old classic comic book, say, like The Two-Gun Kid, or The Rawhide Kid.

Both healthy, macho, heterosexual males and all the rest, that are nevertheless considered old school and or passe by today's comic book fan.

Lol, look at how many times, say, Spiderman, has been reinvented - both in comics, and in film.

This is "the thing that differs."

The very thing the incompetent in his or her ever extremism, reads right past, into his own "one size fits all" repeatedly.

:think:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Do any of you know any comic geeks....they're practically militant against any kind of change to their chosen superhero/milieu.

Kinda like you Christ types. :idunno:

Danoh

Do any of you know any comic geeks....they're practically militant against any kind of change to their chosen superhero/milieu.

Kinda like you Christ types. :idunno:

A "Christ type" wrote the post, two posts above this one :think:

Danoh

Well, seems there's still hope for humanity and the comic book universe then. :up:

My point is that most (but not all) you are dealing with on here, do not embody the Christ of Scripture such only assert they embody.

The Christ of Scripture is an individual who had espoused values and attitudes towards those less fortunate as the following example.

Matthew 26:7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat. 26:8 But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste? 26:9 For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor. 26:10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always. 26:12 For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial. 26:13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.

You are dealing with hypocrisy in such on here.

Such are all over the internet and TOL.

Such embody the hypocrisy of the following Pharisee...

Luke 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Verses 11 and 12 describe such, exactly.

Such are anything but "Christ types."

In fact, I continue to find that such take great offense with having their hypocrisy pointed out to them.

If anything, such continually fail He Whom they claim to represent.

Your impression of such supposed "Christ types," came from them.

The result being that instead of this following passage being a description of such...

2 Corinthians 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

This next passage is their actual description...

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

It is no surprise that such voted for and or support someone as disgraceful an individual as Donald Trump has continued to be the overwhelming majority of his entire life.

I mean; look at how such who claim to represent Christ are described by Him.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

You have been deceived by such.

Christ has not been Who has actually been represented to you by such.

Of course, you know whether or not, and to what extent, that has been convenient for you; in one way, or another.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Of course many on here will read your post while likewise carrying the banner of publican, duly condemning the Pharisee.

From a bewildered outsiders perspective...the confusion leaves me little to distinguish between

Danoh

Of course many on here will read your post while likewise carrying the banner of publican; duly condemning the Pharisee.

From a bewildered outsiders perspective...this very contention leaves me little to distinguish between.

A Publican was an Israelite working as a tax collector in the service of Israel's ever extorting oppressor: the mighty Roman Empire.

Someone merely doing his job.

In contrast, his fellow Israelite: the Pharisee, belonged to a ruling spiritual class over Israel; who extorted their people spiritually.

Neither was the better.

Though it could be said that the Publican was actually doing God's work within that narrative, in that the God of Israel had allowed Israel to end up under the tyranny of Rome as a punishment; for their having continually disobeyed the God of their fathers (see Daniel's prayer, in Daniel chapter 9).

The Pharisee, was the hypocrite of the two.

He well knew he belonged to the very ruling class that had lead Israel to their bondage.

Only to continue to exploit his own people; all the while viewing himself like many who now name the name of Christ.

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 23:3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 23:6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 23:7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 23:30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 23:31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 23:32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Thats anything, would you like changes made to your favorite meals?

Especially for someone elses enjoyment to make it more like they want it instead?

Look at archie comics, they killed him off, rather than admit their "gay" introduction, ruined the brand.

MrDante

Thats anything, would you like changes made to your favorite meals?

Especially for someone else enjoyment to make it more like they want it instead?
I'm not afraid to try now things and I am not so self centered that I would deny others what they might like

Look at archie comics, they killed him off, rather than admit their "gay" introduction, ruined the brand.

You do know that Archie is still alive and well in Reverdale and being published in his own monthly comic...right?

The current issue:

Archie20Main-666x1024.jpg