Thought about NK

nikolai_42

This may already be a talking point - I am certain it is...somewhere. But since Trump seems to trump any political discussion on this board, I thought I'd propose it here and see if it resonates (or falls flat on its face).

Basically, my thought is that NK is a dirt poor country that can't afford to pay their soldiers while the leadership lives privileged lives. Un's principles will be guided by him maintaining his cushy lifestyle. So he won't do anything that will jeopardize that - he doesn't care about his own people. And going to war with America is just ridiculously foolish. That means that all these missile tests are meant more as advertising than threats. Either they are trying to sell missiles to other nations or they are acting as a proxy for one of a few Middle Eastern states that would love nothing more than a depopulated North America. Either way, Un gets more revenue - much of which is lost with enforced UN/US sanctions.

Maybe not a revolutionary idea, but since I don't read or hear much beyond the sensational headlines on this topic, it's about as far as I've gotten.

Thoughts?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree that it would be suicide for NK to attack the USA.
But at the same time, I don't think it wise to underestimate them. (Not saying you are.)

nikolai_42

I agree that it would be suicide for NK to attack the USA.
But at the same time, I don't think it wise to underestimate them. (Not saying you are.)

Desperation can make people do foolish things - and when it's a paranoid dictator, that desperation is all the more unpredictable. So I agree that we can't necessarily look at NK rationally. But I think Un's personal (as opposed to national) self-preservation is probably taking precedence over almost anything else. I would be curious as to what China is really thinking of all this. And if Russia sees an opportunity as well...

Bear in mind I am no political pundit in any sense of the word. Just passing thoughts, really.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The last I remember China saying is that if USA attacked NK first, they would step in for NK.
But if NK attacked the USA first, they would not step in for NK (nor the USA), but would do nothing.

Truster

"And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword".

The first cause that the world know nothing of and could not accept even if they were told.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword".

The first cause that the world know nothing of and could not accept even if they were told.
Your sentence makes no sense, preacher

Truster

"The Almighty sends forth the cause of war between nations. He achieves His purpose invisible and unseen by the world: they think the cause is between themselves. But the terrible destruction, bloodshed and misery of war has its first cause from another quarter."JM

'Power was given unto him to take peace from the earth'.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This coming from a bile filled basket case that would send nukes into the middle east murdering countless women and children in the process.

2 Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. 3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey

Therefore the blanket statement that woman and child should never die in combat is false.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

"The Almighty sends forth the cause of war between nations. He achieves His purpose invisible and unseen by the world: they think the cause is between themselves. But the terrible destruction, bloodshed and misery of war has its first cause from another quarter."JM

'Power was given unto him to take peace from the earth'.

As I said "the world knows nothing of" and you are of the world. "and couldn't accept it even if they were told"..I told you so.
Wrong topic. We're talking about current events, not end times prophecy.

Arthur Brain

2 Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. 3 Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey

Therefore the blanket statement that woman and child should never die in combat is false.

You're the one who'd gladly nuke places murdering women and children you putrid little crank. What a piece of work. Stop pretending to be pro life.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You're the one who'd gladly nuke places murdering women and children you putrid little crank. What a piece of work. Stop pretending to be pro life.
Are you the kind of person who would say that God wiping out all but eight people in a global flood would be a bad thing, that doing so would be wrong?

Arthur Brain

Are you the kind of person who would say that God wiping out all but eight people in a global flood would be a bad thing, that doing so would be wrong?

I'm the kind of person who says that sabre rattling warmongers who would gladly nuke places and murder people have no room to be talking about evil or abortion. Your bunny trail is hardly relevant but to answer I don't believe in a literal flood or that the earth is only a few thousand years old either.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm the kind of person who says that sabre rattling warmongers who would gladly nuke places and murder people have no room to be talking about evil or abortion. Your bunny trail is hardly relevant but to answer I don't believe in a literal flood or that the earth is only a few thousand years old either.

Arty, is it considered murder when innocent people are killed or die as a result of an assault on an enemy?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Oh use your brain man. Do you think it would fly for soldiers to shoot unarmed women and children?
You may want to read my question again.

Specifically, "are killed or die as a result of an assault on an enemy."