Those Who Pervert God's Word With Religion

Cruciform

Catholics:

Pray to Mary...Pray to their Saints
True, just as Christians have from the beginning [SOURCE].

Trust in their good works...
False. Try again.

Reject the Grace Gospel
False. Try again.

Worship a mere man (The Pope)

Wildly, laughably false. Don't bother. :darwinsm:

Have idols in their churches
False. Try again.

Believe in a non-existent Purgatory

...and Limbo
False. Limbo has never been a formal teaching of the Catholic Church. If you knew anything at all about Catholicism, you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous claim. Try again.

Believe in water baptism
True, just as Jesus Christ himself commanded, and just as Christians have from the beginning [SOURCE].

Won't allow their Priests and Nuns to marry
False. There are many married priests in the Catholic Church. Try again.

Trust in false doctrine and a false gospel.
False. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

False. Try again.

False. Try again.

Wildly, laughably false. Don't bother. :darwinsm:

False. Try again.

False. Limbo has never been a formal teaching of the Catholic Church. If you knew anything at all about Catholicism, you wouldn't have made such a ridiculous claim. Try again.

True, just as Jesus Christ himself commanded, and just as Christians have from the beginning [SOURCE].

False. There are many married priests in the Catholic Church. Try again.

False. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

I have a good friend who was a Catholic for many years and they would say you're being deceitful. Don't be concerned though. All you have to do is confess your deceit to your Priest.

Ben Masada

I think that we are all one in Christ.

And I believe you are right to think so because according to Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what the Messiah is; the Anointed One of the Lord. The Messiah in Greek means "Christ" aka the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Jewish People according to Habakkuk. That's how I believe I am one in Christ.

iamaberean

Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post

I think you are the one confused. The epistles were written to the early churches, why would it make a difference if the Christians are Jews or Gentiles? There are not two different churches in the Bible.

Well, of course, you're wrong. There were two different messages being preached.
1) Peter preached the Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel.
2) Paul preached the Grace Gospel to the Gentiles.

Yes, two separate messages based on knowledge of God. Not two separate churches.

Robert Pate

Banned
Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post

I think you are the one confused. The epistles were written to the early churches, why would it make a difference if the Christians are Jews or Gentiles? There are not two different churches in the Bible.

Yes, two separate messages based on knowledge of God. Not two separate churches.

There is only one Gospel. Peter did not have all of the facts of the Gospel on the day of Pentecost. He preached Christ crucified for the forgiveness of sins, but he didn't understand much about justification by faith apart from the works of the law, which was taught by Paul.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In fact, it's both.

Peter taught, "Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly, nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:2-3)

Cruciform

Peter taught, "Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly, nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:2-3)
Amen. Of course, the New Testament has much more than that to say about the one historic Church that Jesus Christ himself founded. For example, THIS.

marhig

I think that we are all one in Christ.
I agree

Galatians 3

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Amen. Of course, the New Testament has much more than that to say about the one historic Church that Jesus Christ himself founded. For example, THIS.

The Egyptian obelisk in St. Peter's square says it all for me. The person Catholics call Jesus is actually Tammuz in the Egyptian trinity.