ECT "Things that are different" included Gentiles

john w

Hall of Fame
Well...I wasn't going to say anything...but...someone whose username rhymes with bang said that JohnW wears a rug. I cannot and will not subscribe to such calumny.

But this is all academic. We know that he's really more of the emotive, introspective (but not Alan Alda level sensitive) but brave leader type, not unlike Bill Bixby as Eddie's father. I just don't know if he has an Oriental housekeeper.

I prefer "piece," in "The English." It all says the same thing.

john w

Hall of Fame
Mr Schwump wore a fine "piece", didn't he?

He shorely did, Mayor. I understood Opie/Ron Howard started wearing a piece, at age 9, on the show, after he saw his brother Clint, AKA "Leon," in an episode of Star Trek:

View attachment 25722

Leon went bald at age 9. Musty will confirm this.

I understand Craigie Tet. also wears a piece-has since AD 1970. He's in denial.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Indeed, sister.

While the gospel was still to the Jew first, certain ordinances were kept as to not offend the Jews who Paul was trying to reach. When the gospel was no longer to the Jew first, these ordinances were taken away.
Amen, brother!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Once again, you are wrong.

Let's take a look at what the Apostle Paul said:

(Acts 20:28-29 KJV)Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Why did the Apostle Paul twice refer to the Ephesian believers as "the flock"?
The flock is in reference to the church of God, not the Body of Christ.

Interplanner

This is another nonsense of D'ism like dwelling on the 'other' gospel of Gal 2 instead of the mistaken one that the text dwells on. I think D'ism needs to go over in their corner and just rewrite the Bible their way and be done with it. It is not in the text.

God's Truth

Jesus told the sheep, the Jews, they had to eat his flesh and drink his blood, and that he would be in them and them in him. That IS about being in the body of Christ.

Interplanner

The remnant according to the election of grace which God foreknew was gathered and Israel was placed in Loammi status (Hosea 1:9 KJV).

Yes those who do not believe, from any race, are not his people. Rom 11:30 there is blessing only for those who believe, not for just being of an ethnicity.