ECT Things known for ages--Acts 15

Interplanner

I guess you people don't realize how many commentaries there are out there that write your script for you. Your problem with commentaries is childish.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
That is what Gal 3:17 is about. It is saying Israel (Judaism as Paul grew up in it) had switched the Promise and voided it for the Law. Israel thought everything Messianic was going to arrive through the Law, not the Gospel. That is the real 'replacement' theology problem. The modern one is fake theology.

Why did they think that?

P.S.The
Law wasn't antithetical to the promise--it worked with it.

Interplanner

Why did they think that?

P.S.The
Law wasn't antithetical to the promise--it worked with it.

They thought that because the Law calls on human effort and people get invested in that. The promise was about Christ's work, no human effort possible. The law was, by comparison with Christ and his Spirit at work, considered to be 'the weak and miserable elements of the world' in Gal 4 and Col 2.

In Paul's sense, there is no working together, just as wages and gifts don't go together, Rom 4.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
They thought that because the Law calls on human effort and people get invested in that. The promise was about Christ's work, no human effort possible. The law was, by comparison with Christ and his Spirit at work, considered to be 'the weak and miserable elements of the world' in Gal 4 and Col 2.

In Paul's sense, there is no working together, just as wages and gifts don't go together, Rom 4.
Fool

Interplanner

Foolishness of God more like. Why else would Paul contrast wages and gift in Rom 4? Does he just like to hear himself talk? Why else would the bogus gospel of the Pharisees (Acts 15) be troubling and disturbing? Why else would the Colossians find themselves degraded?

Danoh

Foolishness of God more like. Why else would Paul contrast wages and gift in Rom 4? Does he just like to hear himself talk? Why else would the bogus gospel of the Pharisees (Acts 15) be troubling and disturbing? Why else would the Colossians find themselves degraded?

Boy are you hopeless.

That aspect of the gospel those Believing Pharisees had held to had not been an issue until after God opened a door of faith unto the Gentiles (Acts chapters 14 and 15).

Only when applied to the Gentiles said door of faith had been opened unto, did said aspect of the gospel become an issue.

Why wasn't it an issue all that time prior?

How was it the Twelve and their converts had been able to continue worshipping in the Temple at Jerusalem, when even entering said Temple involved one or another ritual under the Law.

You are simply wrong, but too far gone down your rabbit hole of errors after all these years, to see any light shined in your direction.

SaulToPaul 2

Boy are you hopeless.

That aspect of the gospel those Believing Pharisees had held to had not been an issue until after God opened a door of faith unto the Gentiles (Acts chapters 14 and 15).

Only when applied to the Gentiles said door of faith had been opened unto, did said aspect of the gospel become an issue.

Why wasn't it an issue all that time prior?

How was it the Twelve and their converts had been able to continue worshipping in the Temple at Jerusalem, when even entering said Temple involved one or another ritual under the Law.

You are simply wrong, but too far gone down your rabbit hole of errors after all these years, to see any light shined in your direction.

this post is spot on.

DAN P

Hybrid commentaries is pretty much how MAD started.

:Clete:

Hi and you are so funny , as Eph 1:4 and 2 Tim 1:9 , shows that DISPENSATIONALISM began way before TIME BEGAN , that is the MYSTERY and it is not found in commentaries !!

dan p

Danoh

Hybrid commentaries is pretty much how MAD started.

:Clete:

One constant throughout many of your posts is your obvious failure to really think a thing through before allowing yourself your conclusion on it.

Before there was any commentary there had to be people who had arrived at Mid-Acts based conclusions.

I myself had arrived at various aspects of it over a year or so before I ever even knew there was such a thing as Dispensationalism, let alone; Mid-Acts.

Because I tend look at all things in life as to what principles they are based on.

As when I recently posted a post to you wherein I laid out various examples from Scripture towards illustrating a principle or rule of thumb.

You came back talking about the examples.

You're simply not as sharp at thinking a thing through as you think you are.

It is what it is.

You have long since overreached your paygrade, with any MAD on here, bro.

:chuckle: