There was no house of Israel in the 1st century

Epoisses

Still 12 tribes in the first century. Fact.

The tribes of Israel have always been spiritual from Jacob to the end of time. Jacob prevailed with the angel of the Lord to become the father of Israel. No conversion = no membership. All the members of the flesh who were never converted were just pretenders and deceived and cut off from the promise of God. James, a Christian who confessed Christ and was his earthly brother was way more spiritual than people give him credit for.

Epoisses

Irrelevant, there were still 12 distinct tribes around.

No there were only two ethnic tribes in the first century being Judah and Benjamin the others were gone. Judah and Benjamin as distinct tribes are gone today. To be a member of an ethnic tribe today you would need to have 100% of that tribe's DNA. If I made a claim of being a member of Levi like chair did and the DNA test showed any other ethnicity then the line was broken millenia ago.

chair

As I pointed out earlier, though the ten tribes were dispersed long before the first century, the Jews (i.e. Judah, Levi and Benjamin) still referred to themselves as "house of Israel". We do so to this day. So the phrase itself doesn't mean all 12 tribes.

Epoisses

As I pointed out earlier, though the ten tribes were dispersed long before the first century, the Jews (i.e. Judah, Levi and Benjamin) still referred to themselves as "house of Israel". We do so to this day. So the phrase itself doesn't mean all 12 tribes.

So were there 12 ethnic tribes in the 1st century or not?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To be a member of an ethnic tribe today you would need to have 100% of that tribe's DNA.

In all likelihood, the Israelites from the 12 different tribes didn't look like each other.

Jacob had 4 children to Rachel and Lea's servants. Most likely, the servants were black or Egyptian.

Joseph married an Egyptian, which means his two sons Ephraim and Manasseh were half-Egyptian.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"House of Israel" is a tricky and confusing phrase.

Prior to the split, the phrase is found in Exodus with Moses, and refers to all 12 tribes.

After the split, the phrase refers only to the 10 tribes from the Northern nation of Israel, and many times in contrast to the House of Judah.

chair

So were there 12 ethnic tribes in the 1st century or not?

You have trouble with reading comprehension.

There weren't 12 tribes in the first century, HOWEVER, Jews then and now still refer to themselves as the House of Israel. One cannot take mention of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL to mean that there were 12 tribes at the time.

Should I repeat this in a larger font?

chair

"House of Israel" is a tricky and confusing phrase.

Prior to the split, the phrase is found in Exodus with Moses, and refers to all 12 tribes.

After the split, the phrase refers only to the 10 tribes from the Northern nation of Israel, and many times in contrast to the House of Judah.

And after the 12 tribes were dispersed, the phrase "House of Israel" was and still is used to refer to the Jews, who are mostly of Judah. This makes it the third time that I have pointed this out.

chair

In all likelihood, the Israelites from the 12 different tribes didn't look like each other.

Jacob had 4 children to Rachel and Lea's servants. Most likely, the servants were black or Egyptian.

Joseph married an Egyptian, which means his two sons Ephraim and Manasseh were half-Egyptian.

Quite a lot of speculation there.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"So Ahaz sent messengers to Tiglath-Pileser, king of Assyria, saying, 'I am your servant and your son. Come up and save me from the hand of the king of Syria and from the hand of the king of Israel, who rise up against me.'" (2 Kings 16:6-7)

Pekah, the king of Israel, made war with the Ahaz, king of Judah.

Jeremiah predicted a new covenant would be made with Israel and Judah.

The Judeans are of Israel, one of the sons of Isaac.

The Judeans are a tiny part of Israel.

SaulToPaul 2

No there were only two ethnic tribes in the first century being Judah and Benjamin the others were gone. Judah and Benjamin as distinct tribes are gone today. To be a member of an ethnic tribe today you would need to have 100% of that tribe's DNA. If I made a claim of being a member of Levi like chair did and the DNA test showed any other ethnicity then the line was broken millenia ago.

Made up.

Luke 2:36 (KJV)
James 1:1 (KJV)

Zeke

2Cor 3:6, the two covenants, one is carnal bondage Galatians 4:1 and the other spiritual liberty Galatians 4:26. The only Dispensational line in scripture which concerns the letter which is symbology Galatians 4:24, the spiritual intent being the kingdom of God I AM in you Luke 17:20-21.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do most people who call themselves Jews today claim it is passed down through the maternal line?

Because it's the law.

The Law of Return
July 5, 1950

Amendment No. 2 5730-1970*
1. In the Law of Return, 5710-1950**, the following sections shall be inserted after section 4:

4B. For the purposes of this Law, "Jew" means a person who was born of a Jewish mother or has become converted to Judaism and who is not a member of another religion."​

Epoisses

The Torah made provision for Gentiles to convert to Judaism and even Christ's lineage had Ruth the Moabite and Rahab the Canaanite so it wouldn't be a 100%. I'll have to call Maury Povich to find out the correct percentile. He would definitely know.

Epoisses

You have trouble with reading comprehension.

There weren't 12 tribes in the first century, HOWEVER, Jews then and now still refer to themselves as the House of Israel. One cannot take mention of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL to mean that there were 12 tribes at the time.

Should I repeat this in a larger font?

I would like all the Dispensational Christians to hear what Chair just said:

THERE WERE NOT TWELVE TRIBES IN THE 1ST CENTURY!!!