ECT There is no difference

Right Divider

Body part
Yeah, because the earth is burnt up, as you said in a post last week, trying to prove that the Mill was going to happen. It's OK though if you mean the NHNE.
You should well know, the NHNE comes AFTER the 1000 years.

there are many places in Hebrew where forever meant several hundred years. It never meant 'eternal' like 'eternal life.'
Why do you stoop to lying?

The apostles knew the land was going to be ruined in their time, and never again be a site for God's activity, because 'all the fulness of the Godhead was in bodily form in Christ.'
More lying on your part. Shame on you.

Last edited:

Interplanner

You should well know, the NHNE comes AFTER the 1000 years.

Why do you stoop to lying?

More lying on your part. Shame on you.

re 1000 years:
Which is why I believe the reign of Christ is now, like the Gospels say and like Acts 1 announces (the reception of power).

re the idea of eternal
It is well known that the idea of eternal as we use it is first in Daniel. The idea of forever (about something on earth) is simply that which goes so many generations, the current generation can't imagine it. One similarity is found in the curse of breaking some commands: four generations in 20:5, ten generations elsewhere. There are cities said to have been destroyed forever in prophecies, which are back in operation several hundred years later.

There is no Judean element to the list of things enjoyed by believers in Heb 12:22+ and that's in the letter to the HEBREWS--hmmmm, maybe not to the race! Think about it! Maybe the Bible always was to and for and about those who have faith! The 'believers from Persia.'

re destruction
how can we miss the colossal destruction of geographic Jerusalem a 2nd time on the same week of the year in August--how can we miss the finality of that, while at the same time, there is the Heb 12:22+ list and all the uses of the new living temple, which is Christ? You don't mean you need a list of passages about knowing that the city would be destroyed do you? It was in Dan 9 and was to happen in the 490 period.

Right Divider

Body part
There is no Judean element to the list of things enjoyed by believers in Heb 12:22+ and that's in the letter to the HEBREWS--hmmmm, maybe not to the race! Think about it! Maybe the Bible always was to and for and about those who have faith! The 'believers from Persia.'
Absolutely hilarious the way that you will try to pervert things to get your fairy tale to "work".

Everything in the book to the HEBREWS is related to ISRAEL and what God was doing to and through THEM.... and yet you will not believe it.

Same with the book of Revelation.... it's all ISRAEL and written by John, one of the 12 apostles of the 12 tribes of Israel.

Interplanner

There's nothing in Hebrews that is not also declared in Romans or Galatians or Ephesians. Colossians actually has some 'copy.' Your point is worthless.

Any idea what was happening to either Israel in the mid-1st century?

Like the quote from Deut in Acts 3 says, that generation of the people was warned that a 'Moses' would appear and they were to do everything he said--become missionaries to the ends of the earth. That warning was specific, yet the message itself said that anyone could convey the message to the ends of the earth. It's just that there was extra responsibility on Israel, and extra value with their background if they became teachers.

But obviously all through Hebrews, there's that nagging problem of unbelieving people and they suffer loss all through time, which God blesses those who have faith. So much for the race as such. The letter says no less to those unbelievers as it does to unbelievers from anywhere. It says no less to Jewish-race believers than it does to Calethumpian-race believers.

SaulToPaul 2

There's nothing in Hebrews that is not also declared in Romans or Galatians or Ephesians. Colossians actually has some 'copy.' Your point is worthless.

Any idea what was happening to either Israel in the mid-1st century?

Like the quote from Deut in Acts 3 says, that generation of the people was warned that a 'Moses' would appear and they were to do everything he said--become missionaries to the ends of the earth. That warning was specific, yet the message itself said that anyone could convey the message to the ends of the earth. It's just that there was extra responsibility on Israel, and extra value with their background if they became teachers.

But obviously all through Hebrews, there's that nagging problem of unbelieving people and they suffer loss all through time, which God blesses those who have faith. So much for the race as such. The letter says no less to those unbelievers as it does to unbelievers from anywhere. It says no less to Jewish-race believers than it does to Calethumpian-race believers.

:chuckle:

Interplanner

How are you coming on 'A Jew may be an atheist but is still a Jew, but Christian cannot be an atheist because it seriously opposes his behavioral base. I'd apply the behavioral rule to Judaism, but it doesn't apply.'?

That's a modern, old covenant Jewish person trying to do his best with the tools at hand.

Lon

How are you coming on 'A Jew may be an atheist but is still a Jew, but Christian cannot be an atheist because it seriously opposes his behavioral base. I'd apply the behavioral rule to Judaism, but it doesn't apply.'?

That's a modern, old covenant Jewish person trying to do his best with the tools at hand.

It is even more fundamentally different, I believe. A "Jew" is ethnically a Jew and most often what a Jew means by the term. There is no such thing as an ethnic Christian. It is a huge point of Christianity difference. Nobody is 'ethnically' a Christian. A Hindu? Might be Hindu, but can be an atheist Hindu, oddly. As far as I know, Christianity is the only religion that is not also an ethnicity/national identity. There is no such thing as an atheist-Christian.

Interplanner

It is even more fundamentally different, I believe. A "Jew" is ethnically a Jew and most often what a Jew means by the term. There is no such thing as an ethnic Christian. It is a huge point of Christianity difference. Nobody is 'ethnically' a Christian. A Hindu? Might be Hindu, but can be an atheist Hindu, oddly. As far as I know, Christianity is the only religion that is not also an ethnicity/national identity. There is no such thing as an atheist-Christian.

Right, and Prager (the conservative, old covenant rabbi) realizes that a Christian can't be atheist. Thus his exemption: 'I'd apply the behavioral/belief rule to Judaism, but it doesn't apply'!!! That is, not in his thinking in which Judaism is another program God is running, which is what D'ism is saying. God is running both, even if in confict, even if syncretistic, etc.

Now, all this gets even more interesting in Mt 21's parable of the vineyard, because God makes a new 'ethne.' (that's the Greek term). It's not a legal, geographic nation, but it is a people defined by a denominator. It just happens that the the denominator is not racial! Jn 1:13. The denominator is that they have faith and they bear fruit in the vineyard (are effective in God's Gospel and kingdom).

Interplanner

Irrelevant. Christ is already calling himself the temple in Jn 2. Are there several sections of Christ?

Stop the fascination with symbolism and deal with the real issue that Prager is expressing. It is the stronghold that blinds those in the old covenant and you are either helping them out of it or you are part of it.

SaulToPaul 2

Irrelevant. Christ is already calling himself the temple in Jn 2. Are there several sections of Christ?

Stop the fascination with symbolism and deal with the real issue that Prager is expressing. It is the stronghold that blinds those in the old covenant and you are either helping them out of it or you are part of it.

How many sections were in the ONE temple? why are you afraid to answer?

Interplanner

How many sections were in the ONE temple? why are you afraid to answer?

It's irrelevant. I have nothing to be afraid of.

Find me a passage where Paul divides Christ the temple into compartments. Hebrews does a bit of review of sections, doesn't it? To tell us that the access to the holiest is now open, and the old temple replaced, and there is never any more concern about this. And you call yourself a Hebrews expert! lol

You are in a cult and it's basic categories of thought are utterly foreign to the Bible.

SaulToPaul 2

It's irrelevant. I have nothing to be afraid of.

Find me a passage where Paul divides Christ the temple into compartments. Hebrews does a bit of review of sections, doesn't it? To tell us that the access to the holiest is now open, and the old temple replaced, and there is never any more concern about this. And you call yourself a Hebrews expert! lol

You are in a cult and it's basic categories of thought are utterly foreign to the Bible.

Who is the temple? Who is he that filleth all in all? Earth, City, Heavens.