There Are Two Covenants-Pick One

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So , when does John 10:7-9 happen , TODAY and where is that PASTURE ??

dan p

I said
John 10 7,9 is the first step for everyone who wants to be a believer in Christ. The pasture is being able to get in the Spirit or out of the Spirit. The way I do it. I can ask and get verses for anything. Or I can talk carnally. Your only spiritual when your quoting the verses.

Interplanner

Are you a priest?

One of the things I find that 2P2P means is that when you as a 2P2Per get to Hebrews, you evade it. No matter what it says, it has it backwards, wrong. If it says the Aaronic priesthood was trumped before it even started, you say it is not, etc.

ie, nowhere does 2P2P glom itself onto the NT more than Hebrews, because it opened it up expecting to find a treasure trove of 2nd program proof verses.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
One of the things I find that 2P2P means is that when you as a 2P2Per get to Hebrews, you evade it. No matter what it says, it has it backwards, wrong. If it says the Aaronic priesthood was trumped before it even started, you say it is not, etc.

ie, nowhere does 2P2P glom itself onto the NT more than Hebrews, because it opened it up expecting to find a treasure trove of 2nd program proof verses.

I said
Help me out here. What is 2P2P?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Have you looked through the threads here at ECT for background?

There are at least two other threads regarding 2P2P on the current page one of thread titles, and I mention it a lot in others.

I said
I'm not really that interested. I just thought you might not mind telling me here.

Interplanner

Oh, you'll be interested when you get going!

The doctrine that the Bible has 2 peoples and 2 programs was developed by Dispensationalism. Ryrie at Dallas TS said 'it is the definitive doctrine of D'ism.'

It says that at Gen 12 or so, a separate program of God with a separate way of worship, of having faith, of salvation, of law, of location, of existence went into effect, and which still has unfinished business.

The initial one was 'just for gentiles' and 'salvation' is eternal life elsewhere.

So unless you really like your Bible to be schitzophrenic, you'll care quite a bit whether there is any truth to 2P2P.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Oh, you'll be interested when you get going!

The doctrine that the Bible has 2 peoples and 2 programs was developed by Dispensationalism. Ryrie at Dallas TS said 'it is the definitive doctrine of D'ism.'

It says that at Gen 12 or so, a separate program of God with a separate way of worship, of having faith, of salvation, of law, of location, of existence went into effect, and which still has unfinished business.

The initial one was 'just for gentiles' and 'salvation' is eternal life elsewhere.

So unless you really like your Bible to be schitzophrenic, you'll care quite a bit whether there is any truth to 2P2P.

I said
Well I don't understand that. What I do understand is this. There are two covenants, testaments. And we cant obey both.

Heb 10:16
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
(KJV)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

Interplanner

I said
Well I don't understand that. What I do understand is this. There are two covenants, testaments. And we cant obey both.

Heb 10:16
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
(KJV)

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

They are quite happy with it. But it makes a mess of the issues of the NT. Pretty soon everything is in twos: two gospels, two messiahs, two churches...

Right Divider

Body part
Are you a priest?

You can't just answer a simple question?

It's a "yes/no" question.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
They are quite happy with it. But it makes a mess of the issues of the NT. Pretty soon everything is in twos: two gospels, two messiahs, two churches...

I said
I think that will always be the case. When you have the devil preaching one way and the Holy Spirit preaching the other. Or because there is a milk understanding of the Word and a meat understanding of the Word.