The Word Made Flesh

keypurr

I noticed you never addressed what Jesus said as in Jesus said:

Jhn 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Christ was sent to manifest God to mankind. Hebrews 10:5 speaks of a body prepared for Christ, the express image of the Father. Consider that the Father is spirit. That means Christ is a spirit not a man. Christ spoke and acted through Jesus. Christ is power as he was given the fullness of his Father, he is a form of God. Phil 2.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

dodge

Christ was sent to manifest God to mankind. Hebrews 10:5 speaks of a body prepared for Christ, the express image of the Father. Consider that the Father is spirit. That means Christ is a spirit not a man. Christ spoke and acted through Jesus. Christ is power as he was given the fullness of his Father, he is a form of God. Phil 2.

Are you separate from your body I think not !

Who do you believe appeared to Abraham with the two Angeles ?

I think I will stay with what Jesus taught as in before Abraham was I am.

FYI, Christ and Jesus are NOT two separate entities they are one.

When Jesus was resurrected He was resurrected in a glorified body.

keypurr

Are you separate from your body I think not !

Who do you believe appeared to Abraham with the two Angeles ?

I think I will stay with what Jesus taught as in before Abraham was I am.

FYI, Christ and Jesus are NOT two separate entities they are one.

When Jesus was resurrected He was resurrected in a glorified body.
I disagree with you.

The Spirit Christ appeared to Abraham.

Dodge, your held hostage by a mind that will not open to truth. You want to learn what I believe then study Hebrews 1, Colossians 1. Look into the Express Image, the true Son of the most high. The one that God SENT.

dodge

I disagree with you.

The Spirit Christ appeared to Abraham.

Dodge, your held hostage by a mind that will not open to truth. You want to learn what I believe then study Hebrews 1, Colossians 1. Look into the Express Image, the true Son of the most high. The one that God SENT.

I will stay held captive by the totality of
scripture comparing scripture to scripture !

Luk 24:39
]Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jhn 20:27
Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ spoke and acted through Jesus.

Luke said, "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know..." (Acts 2:22)

It was Jesus' Father who spoke and acted through Jesus.

Jesus said, "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak." (John 12:49-50)

Why do you believe the man Jesus was not in the Spirit before his anointing as a priest of the Most High?

Paul said, "But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you." (Romans 8:9)

keypurr

]Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jhn 20:27
Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
You just don't see what's written. Jesus was anointed with the spirit Christ. Christ took the form of man. At that time God declared that this was his son. Christ was given the power of his Father. God created all through his son Christ. Jesus was born to houses this spiritual son that God sent to us.

Dodge for many years I sat in church and soaked up the half truths that they taught. I know your traditions. Study for yourself. I have for over seventy years.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Luke said, "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know..." (Acts 2:22)

It was Jesus' Father who spoke and acted through Jesus.

Jesus said, "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak." (John 12:49-50)

Why do you believe the man Jesus was not in the Spirit before his anointing as a priest of the Most High?

Paul said, "But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you." (Romans 8:9)
Phil 2 disagrees with you. So does Heb 1, Col 1 and Heb 10.5.

God did everything through his spirit son.

God did not send himself, he sent his son.

keypurr

Jamie Acts 10:38 proves my point that when Jesus was anointed he received the Holy Spirit and POWER. Only the express image, the spirit son was given that power. Jesus received that spirit and it spoke through him.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Phil 2 disagrees with you. So does Heb 1, Col 1 and Heb 10.5.

That's not true. I did not write Acts, John or Romans. I have given you three credible witnesses about Jesus Christ.

Keypurr, you are welcome to come into the Israel of God (his kingdom) or you can continue to live in your own little world.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jamie Acts 10:38 proves my point that when Jesus was anointed he received the Holy Spirit and POWER. Only the express image, the spirit son was given that power. Jesus received that spirit and it spoke through him.

Matthew 3:13-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

John Baptizes Jesus
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”

15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He[a] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Jesus was anointed of the spirit far before this friend

Luke 2:41-50 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Boy Jesus Amazes the Scholars
41 His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42 And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. 43 When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother[a] did not know it; 44 but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. 45 So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. 46 Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. 47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. 48 So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”

49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” 50 But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jamie Acts 10:38 proves my point that when Jesus was anointed he received the Holy Spirit and POWER.

The law required a man to be between 30 & 50 years old to serve as a priest. Jesus could not be anointed as a priest until he was thirty years old. (Numbers 4)

Without God's Spirit it is not possible for a person to keep God's law without fail. (Romans 8:7-8)

dodge

You just don't see what's written. Jesus was anointed with the spirit Christ. Christ took the form of man. At that time God declared that this was his son. Christ was given the power of his Father. God created all through his son Christ. Jesus was born to houses this spiritual son that God sent to us.

Dodge for many years I sat in church and soaked up the half truths that they taught. I know your traditions. Study for yourself. I have for over seventy years.

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

keypurr

Matthew 3:13-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

John Baptizes Jesus
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. 14 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”

15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He[a] saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Jesus was anointed of the spirit far before this friend

Luke 2:41-50 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Boy Jesus Amazes the Scholars
41 His parents went to Jerusalem every year at the Feast of the Passover. 42 And when He was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem according to the custom of the feast. 43 When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother[a] did not know it; 44 but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances. 45 So when they did not find Him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking Him. 46 Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions. 47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers. 48 So when they saw Him, they were amazed; and His mother said to Him, “Son, why have You done this to us? Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.”

49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?” 50 But they did not understand the statement which He spoke to them.
There is no doubt that Jesus was informed about his religion but he did not get the Holy Spirit or the power until he was anointed with it. Acts 10:38 is very clear of this so I would not assume he had them before.

Why would he need to get the Holy Spirit twice? I understand why you believe he had it as a child.

keypurr

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Jesus was flesh, he had to be in order to die as a man. But the spirit son that God sent resided IN HIM.