The Wonderful Dispensation of Grace

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lightninboy, easy on the copy and paste OK?

TOL, is for dialog and TOL is where we post our own material, OK?

You may want to check the TOL rules.

Most notably.....

8. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website
(without prior approval).

10. Thou SHALL NOT copy and paste your previous papers and writings (like high school or college papers) without prior approval. TheologyOnLine is for dialog.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
lightninboy, easy on the copy and paste OK?

TOL, is for dialog and TOL is where we post our own material, OK?

You may want to check the TOL rules.

Most notably.....

8. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website
(without prior approval).

10. Thou SHALL NOT copy and paste your previous papers and writings (like high school or college papers) without prior approval. TheologyOnLine is for dialog.

I hope it would be acceptable to post links to such articles for further research for those who are interested. This is helpful for dialogue without filling up the actual thread with the articles. The link material would sometimes say copyrighted, but that does not mean we cannot view them on the internet. We should not print and sell the material, but it is legit. to legally view a link or article.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
godrulz said:
I hope it would be acceptable to post links to such articles for further research for those who are interested. This is helpful for dialogue without filling up the actual thread with the articles. The link material would sometimes say copyrighted, but that does not mean we cannot view them on the internet. We should not print and sell the material, but it is legit. to legally view a link or article.
Of course.

Links to references is fine. And even summaries or excerpts from other sites is fine. But simply making post after post copied and pasted from another website is HIGHLY discouraged.

Sozo

godrulz said:
I hope it would be acceptable to post links to such articles for further research for those who are interested.

Translation: I have no mind of my own! :( :help:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sozo said:
Translation: I have no mind of my own! :( :help:
:nono: I don't think that was called for. Come on now... you may not agree with godrulz on theology but clearly godrulz has a mind of his own and is a huge asset to TOL.

Damian

godrulz said:

It would be nice if you actually posted scriptural references (such as the KJV which does not have a copyright).

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
What does it mean when we see that God’s will is that we work out our salvation? Does it mean we work to get salvation, or does it mean that because we are saved, we are able to show our salvation in our everyday attitudes and behavior?

Phi 2:12-13 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

I think it means that as we believers study God’s Word, we are enabled to look to God for guidance as we read His Word and then follow it. The greatest change in any new believer will be to be a more loving person.

Even though the scriptures tell us over and over that we should love everyone, we don’t seem to want to do that.
Mat 5:43-45 You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,

It’s all well and good up to this point, but does this next passage, Mat 5:45, make a Mathew believer’s salvation vulnerable?

45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.”

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Damian said:
It would be nice if you actually posted scriptural references (such as the KJV which does not have a copyright).
godrulz quote Scripture?! Are you crazy?!

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
As we can see by now, God’s will can be thwarted by us just as Israel thwarted His will for them as recorded in Psa 78:40,41 How often they [Israel] provoked Him in the wilderness and grieved Him in the desert! 41 Yes, again and again they tempted God and limited the Holy One of Israel.

That’s an amazing statement: “they tempted God and limited the Holy One of Israel.” How did they limit God?

Here’s what I think. Because they disobeyed God, He could not bless them the way He wanted to. So, in that sense, God was limited in what He wanted to do, but couldn’t do because of His integrity.

Even though that statement was made when God was dealing with Israel, it seems to me that God can be limited in His behavior with us if we disobey Him in our everyday walk.

What do you think?

Bob Hill

Damian

Bob Hill said:
Thanks for the clarification.

Bob Hill

Bob,

If you get the time, please share your thoughts in the "sinful nature" thread. I think your input is needed there.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
I think I can show that there were important differences in the requirements of the different dispensations which were associated with the gospel of the kingdom which is also called the gospel of the circumcision, given to Peter. Paul seems to show a difference in Gal 2:7. “But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision had been committed to me, as the gospel of the circumcision was to Peter.”

Here’s why I think there are important differences. Under the circumcision gospel, they had to believe and be baptized to be saved, Mk 16:15,16 “Christ said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.’”

Peter commanded the same on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

Peter later wrote a similar statement in 1 Pe 3:21,22. “There is also an antitype which now saves us - baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.”

This is a striking difference between the Dispensation of Grace and the Dispensation of Circumcision – to give two names to these different practices.

Bob Hill

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
godrulz quote Scripture?! Are you crazy?!

I often post references to support things that people can look up. People do not need me to write out all verses every time. No one else does that.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
A doctrine associated with the gospel of the circumcision or the gospel of the kingdom, was endurance. They had to endure to be saved.

One example of that is John 15:1-6. “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

What do you think?

Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
We do not find this kind of statement in the Dispensation of Grace that was given to Paul by God.

Bob Hill