The Trump Supporter

Danoh

I see myself getting caught up in the world, the flesh, as I have told a couple people here. .

Matthew 7:5 KJV -

Just read and read and read Romans 5-8 until you have memorized its intended, overall sense.

Then, whenever you find yourself having allowed yourself to get caught up in the world, the thing to do is not merely feel bad (which is often the guilt prone legalism of the flesh, and is just as "worldly"), but to allow instead "Godly sorrow" to "work...repentance" (a change of mind) "not to be repented of" (free of the guilt your flesh will trap you into).

You just stop, reflect on Romans 6, along the line of "this is NOT who I am in Christ - thank God, O thank God for the truth of Romans 5:8! This is why Christ died, and what He put away by His death, for me, in my stead!"

To that, you might begin to add reflection on just who you are in Christ, according to the Scripture; like, say, the info in Col. 3.

If you allow yourself to wallow in feelings of guilt; that is just as "worldly" as any other kind of a "fallen from grace" understanding.

You're not lazy, bro.

Your goals are simply impotent.

They simply have no sense of why you would "want to study more.

I knew a MAD once who had read the entire Bible many times, and yet, he was still overburdened with an overwhelming sense of guilt over one failure or another; as a result of how he had been brought up.

I knew another MAD who was never able to shake herself loose of a persecution complex. Hers was chemical.

Which makes it doubly difficult to deal with.

Then again, all these issues are "chemical."

For emotions are chemical.

But the solution was the same in both cases - get in the Scripture and learn well your understanding of your having been "accepted in the Beloved."

The solution is ever "spiritual."

The cure for these issues is just to allow your curiosity for a solution to the above to begin to drive you to the Scripture for its feast of an answer to your seeming delemna.

The rest will take care of itself.

At least this is what Romans 5 asserts Romans 5:8 resulted in, for you.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll tell ya something Tam...
I'm gonna tell you something too.

I just might receive an infraction for speaking my mind in this post.
Getting kinda dramatic there, aren't ya.

I am growing used to that double-standard also.
Of course you are because everyone has a double standard, and everyone is a hypocrite.

Just as I know I am speaking from Scripture on this that I am about to go into, once more at the wind.
I know the feeling.

Where the real issue here is concerned, you are delusional.
Your double standard opinion doesn't hold much weight, as you have proved.

You always have been.
ROFL! Like you have always known me.

Thus, why you are a Trump supporter.
Good grief.

So leave it to you to twist my words to where they fit your self-delusion.
Well gee thanks, since you twist my words all the time.

What was the first thing I began to stand out against, when I first signed up on TOL?
Posted some opinions like everyone else.

Jerry's persistent foul sense of fair play towards you and yours.
The same persistent foul sense of play you use on others.

You well know that you only turned against me because I continued to call them out on that.
You really don't have a clue.

Because you allowed your misplaced sense of loyalty to "feelings" for your friendships on here, over "the truth."
You are delusional.

And you grew in said misplaced loyalty, to where you are on all this now - as all out against calling both you and them out on this double-standard of yours towards anyone you conclude is not of your number, as the rest of you are.
The irony.

The record of this progression is all there, recorded over in the MAD Forum for anyone to read.
Yes, all your bitterness, along with your bragging, is there to see.

Personally, my having found you out has remained a bittersweet moment.
What you have found is your own imagination.

For it is not a good feeling to find that kind of thing in anyone, but especially in a Believer.
Look in the mirror.

There is no victory here. Anything but.
I have not claimed victory, have you?

And this issue is the same for each of you - it is the issue of each your distorted sense of betrayal - that one of your own has supposedly broken from you to call you out on your hypocrisy.

Thing is, I was never one of your own, to begin with. Not in this.
It's easy to see why there are so many here that don't feel a connection to you.
Easy for everyone but you.
You remain blinded about it.

My wars with Jerry on each your behalf had been due to the fact that I never was one of your own in this duplicity of yours.
Your war on Jerry is the same war you have towards everyone ------ "I'm right and you're wrong".

Lol - before my so called break away from your club, you each sang your high praises about my posts :chuckle:
Well, lol right back at ya, cause you praised my posts too.

And what would my response often be?
hybrid, graceless, delusional, double standard, hypocrisy, etc.

And no, I do not see the likes of a Steko or an STP, or some others within MAD, in the same light I see some of you.
Trump supporters.

Such tend to be "more noble" than your lot.
Steko and STP are more noble than you too.

So, no, Tam, twist this how either your ignorance, or your obvious, Trump supporting self-deception needs you to; this is not about differences in understanding of things Mid-Acts.
As you said, it's all here for folks to read.
We get to read every day how you are right and everyone else is wrong, on any issue.

That is a different issue.
All inclusive.

In contrast, this issue - of each your double-standard - is one that matters.
And your double standard as well.
It's cute how you think you don't have a double standard.

Don't tell me you and yours "follow Paul"
I do.

I not only know my Bible on this and many other issues inside out and then some, but as good as any of you supposedly do; if not more so.
Me too.

1 Corinthians 2:15

And Romans 5:8.
Right back at ya.

Good day to you Mr. Pot.

ClimateSanity

Self deceit is a powerful thing. I can hardly think if any liberal who truly understands the Trump supporter. Trump has many faults and they focus on those. They also fail to see real problems that Trump addresses and are extremely important to the Trump supporter. These are dismissed as ignorant and/ or bigoted. We support Trump largely because he sincerely wants to solve these problems and that far outweighs his short comings, including bragging about supposed sexual conquests.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Self deceit is a powerful thing. I can hardly think if any liberal who truly understands the Trump supporter. Trump has many faults and they focus on those. They also fail to see real problems that Trump addresses and are extremely important to the Trump supporter. These are dismissed as ignorant and/ or bigoted. We support Trump largely because he sincerely wants to solve these problems and that far outweighs his short comings, including bragging about supposed sexual conquests.
I agree CS. I was never into politics or liberal or left and right until two years ago. It has been pushed in my face since then and it's everywhere. Sports, Hollywood, late night shows, TOL, MSM, social media, the internet in general, the music industry, college campuses, the list goes on and on.

Trump does sincerely want to solve the problems we face as a country and when I see and hear him I see a genuine and honest man. I approve of his work so far. The left can't understand that and as you said, they don't remember the huge issues that got Trump elected. It's only going to get worse from here.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
What is the self-deceit?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
That was meant to go to Tambora where she returned slap for slap to danoh's post 39. She addressed each statement bam bam bam in order. The self deceit is Danoh's, but applies to many others of his mindset.
I see. I haven't read through their conversation. Going back to your original post...

I try not to broad-brush Trump supporters. I think people supported him for a variety of reasons. I haven't closely followed this thread but it appears to be criticizing Christians who support Trump. For me, I can understand why some Christians would vote for Trump, given our political system. If it ends up being the lesser of two evils then you may end up voting for some people you aren't in love with. What I cannot understand, or respect, however, is a Christian going all in with Trump. It should be a conflicted vote. An uncomfortable support. When I see Christian leaders acting like Trump is some great leader and Godly man it saddens me greatly.

I just read that 81% of white evangelicals voted for Trump. More than the previous GOP candidates. What about Trump led those people to support him even more strongly? I'm sure one possible answer is that people finally got fed up with the establishment, tired with people not fulfilling their promises, but what exactly was it about him? There have been other non-establishment candidates.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The focus of the Trump haters now seems to be shaming Trump supporters with scripture and politicizing the saving work on the Cross of Jesus Christ. They are basically telling all Trump supporters that we are deplorable again. Didn't they try that already?

172718_600.jpg

I try to lead a life where I don't have to ask God for forgiveness ...
Why do I have to repent?
Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you're not making mistakes?
- Donald Trump (CNN 7/22/2016
)

1 John 1:10 - If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Notice that "patrick jane" has chosen to sidestep the issue - any individual who states that they are free from sin and therefore have no reason to repent, seeking God's forgiveness, should set off the alarm bells for every Christian in America!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why do I have to repent?
)

1 John 1:10 - If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Notice that "patrick jane" has chosen to sidestep the issue - any individual who states that they are free from sin and therefore have no reason to repent, seeking God's forgiveness, should set off the alarm bells for every Christian in America!
When did Trump say he has not sinned? You've been shown scripture that refutes you. We are no longer under condemnation.

Romans 6:6 KJV - Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 8:1 KJV - There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV -
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Stop beating a dead horse

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
When did Trump say he has not sinned? You've bee shown scripture that refutes you. We are no longer under condemnation.

Romans 6:6 KJV - Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Romans 8:1 KJV - There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Hebrews 6:4-6 KJV -
4 [FONT=&]For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,[/FONT][FONT=&]5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,[/FONT]
[FONT=&]6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Stop beating a dead horse[/FONT]

Except Trump wasn't making a theological argument like that.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
evangelical-support-for-donald-trump-5.jpg

Why do I have to repent?
- Donald Trump (CNN 7/22/2016)

"The Donald" is on the public record that he fails to see the need to repent and seek God's forgiveness because he doesn't make mistakes - at least none that he will admit to!

Based on those statements alone, I find it bizarre that the majority conservative Christians not only voted for him, but continue to support him!

There is a total disconnect between Donald Trump and the most basic of Christian teachings - that we are all sinners in need of salvation!

Last edited:

Danoh

evangelical-support-for-donald-trump-5.jpg

Why do I have to repent?
- Donald Trump (CNN 7/22/2016)

"The Donald" is on the public record that he fails to see the need to repent and seek God's forgiveness because he doesn't make mistakes - at least none that he will admit to!

Based on those statements alone, I find it bizarre that the majority conservative Christians not only voted for him, but continue to support him!

There is a total disconnect between Donald Trump and the most basic of Christian teachings - that we are all sinners in need of salvation!

Fact is that every business deal Trump has ever been in throughout his entire business life has left one long trail of endless corruption, from start to finish.

And the fact is that the Trump supporting drone never did properly vet their snake oil salesman.

It is indeed pathetic to read said drones go on...and on...and on...about the guy's supposed good intentions.

What absolute fools - to actually believe their own tall tale that such a vile indivual has a decent streak in him.

But like their thin-skinned false idol; they view as an enemy; anyone that calls out the facts.

Bible believers?

More like sell outs of what they supposedly hold to.

Plain, and simple.

But those of his fool supporters on here, were like that about other issues on here, way before The Donald came along to represent the latest face of their hypocrisy.

It is what it is.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

religion-nativity-baby_shower-sponsored-three_kings-bible_story-dren953_low.jpg

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus."
- Jim Zeigler, Alabama's Auditor General

Zeigler is not just one of the Trump's legions of "deplorables," he's the Auditor General for the State of Alabama, entrusted among other things, with the responsibility of protecting underage children from adult predators!

Instead, in typical conservative fashion, the Auditor General attempts to provide a Biblical rationale to justify the unjustifiable!

18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.
- Matthew 1:18

As described in Matthew 1:18, arranged marriages were the custom, and in this particular case one might have expected Zeigler to have known that Mary remained a virgin and Jesus was conceived through the intervention of the Holy Spirit - she was not molested by Joseph!

seasonal-celebrations-frankenstein-frankincense-three_wise_men-nativity-nativity_stories-tcln22_low.jpg

Last edited:

Danoh

172718_600.jpg

Why do I have to repent?
)

Trump's ignorance is not only obvious in his statement, but does not even match what PJ and Tam, and company are crystal clear obviously alt-facting.

Trump's (false) assertion that he tries to lead a life where he doesn't have to ask God for forgiveness...reveals his understanding is exactly the opposite of what PJ and company claim to hold to - that one does not have to ask God for forgiveness.

If anything, Trump's stated belief by his words in that first sentence is that one does have to ask God for forgiveness.

He is actually asserting that although he believes one has to ask for forgiveness, he is stating there that he further believes he has not done anything requiring to ask God for that forgiveness.

Trump actually holds to a works for acceptance from God understanding.

If so, he just may still be lost all along, to begin with.

Notice - "Why do I have to ask for forgiveness if you're not making mistakes?"

THAT is NOT what PJ and Tam and company hold - unless I have read them wrong all these years, they RIGHTLY hold that one does not have to ask God for forgiveness - NOT because they have done nothing wrong - BUT because Christ already died to pay for that wrong - the debt is paid IN FULL.

Which is where this that follows kicks in, and is NOT about asking God for forgiveness but about looking at one's screw ups a one who has already been forgiven.

Which is a perspective of "wait a minute! This is exactly what killed my Saviour! Exactly what He died for, on my behalf and in my place for! It therefore has no place in my life as a Believer! Thank God for His unspeakable gift in that Cross!"

Notice...

First there is this...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Which is this...

5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And that has resulted in this...

5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

THAT is what the Believer NOW has IN Christ.

It is based on THAT and FROM that the following perspective is the case where "doing anything wrong" is an issue.

And guess what? Not a word - not even a comma, about the need to ask for forgiveness from God.

Rather, this...

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

In other words, instead "well, see, now you have to ask God for forgiveness for your screw ups" it is "well, see, that is who you now no longer are - you're now in Christ. So just cut that foolishness out - its not who you are anymore; nor who you now represent."

Of course, the Trump supporters on here - who over in the ECT forum are forever violating Romans 6's directive by spitting on various posters over there who actually hold the same endless "repenting for forgiveness from God" error that Trump is actually asserting, just have to rationalize their beloved false prophet: the Donald.

Given what Trump was actually implying, add the descriptive "false prophet" to The Donald.

He was asserting a false gospel.

Only one desperate to keep their golden idol of an idol golden, would fail to see this.

Very...dissapointing, fellow MADs.

Very dissapointing, once more.

At the same time, this controversy has provided me the opportunity to share with others on here the FINISHED work of Christ for them also.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.