The Trump Supporter

Danoh

In the following passages from Philippians 3, verses 18-19 describe individuals who's "belly" (an old way of referring to one's emotions) have so come to rule over their values and their actions that how they feel has long since become the very seat of their sense of reality.

The Jerry Springer guests and audience, if you will.

Their glorying in that shame of theirs before the world...

In this, the Trump Administration and its base of support, in general, are too often both that exact kind of "guest" and that exact kind of an "audience."

Note the contrast between what the Apostle Paul had called for of Christians, and the stark contrast with that in verses 18-19.

And note the crystal clear obvious as to which of those two exactly describes Trump and many a Trump supporter, in general.

Though I strongly doubt Trump's long ago since overblown narcissism allows him the capacity anymore, to allow for his being an individual capable of believing he needs any kind of a saviour.

Again, note the following stark contrast between a follower of Christ, and those "Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things."

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Those two passages (verses 18-19) perfectly describe Trump's so called "Christian" base.

This is why there is no reasoning with them.

And that is why they continue to find a voice in the life-long vile individual presently in the Oval Office.

And that is why such take issue with anyone who disagrees with their obvious duplicity.

The typical Trump supporter, then? In other words - said hypocrites?

Galatians 4:17 They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them.

Note:

The "destruction" referred to there is in the sense of their exposure by their own hand; of their being exposed by their words and actions as to what they actually hold to - the corrupt emotions of this vile body, allowed to determine what's what.

Frued's aptly named "Pleasure Principle" if you will.

Which is expected in children, not in adults.

1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

As when a Believer asserts the obvious duplicity that is "well, so and so was just giving them a dose of their own medicine."

In stark contrast to the double standard of such in their "belly" based "earthly things" focus is...

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written. Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

In stark contrast to the Trump supporting (or not) "well, you're just butt hurt" - in stark contrast to such "fallen" language of the homophobic secular world in its hypocrisy, is...

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Such might delude themselves that their minds have been renewed as to the above, but their words and actions speak volumes concerning what their actual moral compass has been all along; has continued to be; and is.

To the shame of such, some on here and out there in that world who apparently do not believe in Christ, continually put such so called "Christians" to shame.

In both their words towards them, and their conduct with them.

But apparantly, the workplace is not the only arena where the misconduct of a majority is not only the rule rather than the exception, is not only condoned by said majority, but views as an enemy, anyone who points any of this out...to such...about themselves.

Meaning one thing, no matter what such hypocrites claim to one another before one another...

That such would crucify their supposed Lord all over again...

For He had often called out their exact hypocrisy.

After which He went off to fulfil Romans 5:8...on all our behalf - theirs also.

Because, as He showed in the end; calling out what needs to be called out does not mean one does not care about such an individual.

Other than in the corrupt outlook of the the hypocrite - he or she ever sees as an enemy anyone calling out his or her hypocrisy.

These issues all remain a fascinating dynamic...

All of which are more than aptly dealt with in the Christian's Bible.

Meaning that such have no excuse for their support of an individual so epitimizing of those two verses there in Philp. 3:18-19 - but their own belly...

Rom. 5:8

Danoh

Some words the Trump supporting bigot on the so called "religious right" obviously had never taken to heart - way before Trump came along to be the latest representative of the hypocrisy such actually stand for.

You know who they are; they were spitting on you on here, and elsewhere, way before Trump came along...

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Not a one of them on here, and elswwhere, that I have observed; appears to hold to those passages.

No way one could, and yet support that full blown, wacked out bigot presently in the White House.

Such are a warning of what awaits the compromiser of truth. Or...

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

In other words, as the Puerto Ricans put it (ironically) "show me who you run with, and I'll tell you who you are."

It is...what it has always been..with the so called "religious right."

Rom. 5:8.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Some words the Trump supporting bigot on the so called "religious right" obviously had never taken to heart - way before Trump came along to be the latest representative of the hypocrisy such actually stand for.

You know who they are; they were spitting on you on here, and elsewhere, way before Trump came along...

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Not a one of them on here, and elswwhere, that I have observed; appears to hold to those passages.

No way one could, and yet support that full blown, wacked out bigot presently in the White House.

Such are a warning of what awaits the compromiser of truth. Or...

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

In other words, as the Puerto Ricans put it (ironically) "show me who you run with, and I'll tell you who you are."

It is...what it has always been..with the so called "religious right."

Rom. 5:8.
You're more like GT every day !!! :rotfl:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

I support Trump.
Many good GOD fearing Christians do.

How do these "good God fearing Christians" reconcile their support of a President who, in his own words, fails to see the need to ask God's forgiveness from sin!

1 John 1:10 - If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Based on that admission alone, Donald Trump has in effect called Christ a "liar" and that God's Word is not us!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

1 John 1:10

How do reconcile their belief in a President who, in his own words, fails to see the need to seek God's forgiveness from sin!
One does not have to ask for forgiveness of sins.
Belief in Christ automatically clears every sin you have and will commit. (ie. there is no sin of yours the cross has not dealt with)
Asking for something you already have is kinda pointless.

glorydaz

Belief in Christ automatically clears every sin you have and will commit. (ie. there is no sin of yours the cross has not dealt with)

Amen, sister. :thumb:

No only pointless, but a lack of faith. We believe what our Lord accomplished on the Cross, or we don't.

glorydaz

How do these "good God fearing Christians" reconcile their support of a President who, in his own words, fails to see the need to ask God's forgiveness from sin!

1 John 1:10 - If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Based on that admission alone, Donald Trump has in effect called Christ a "liar" and that God's Word is not us!

Law versus Grace.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

An interesting "spin" on Christianity but how does "Tambora" reconcile it with 1 John 1:10?

If one tries to make very few mistakes, and self-corrects those that he makes, as Trump states in the video, what would be the need to accept Christ as his Saviour - how can he be saved from sin if he already considers himself to be free from sin?

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

An interesting "spin" on Christianity but how does "Tambora" reconcile it with 1 John 1:10?

If one tries to make very few mistakes, and self-corrects those that he makes, as Trump states in the video, why would he believe in Christ as his Saviour - saving him from sins that he doesn't commit?
If Trump has accepted Christ, then Trump is in Christ., and all his sins (past present future) are completely absolved and Christ's righteousness becomes his righteousness.
It is the righteousness and obedience of Christ, not Trump, that saves Trump. Rom 5:18-19

So if all Trump has already been cleared of all sins, what is it he needs to ask forgiveness for?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
If Trump has accepted Christ, then Trump is in Christ., and all his sins (past present future) are completely absolved and Christ's righteousness becomes his righteousness.
It is the righteousness and obedience of Christ, not Trump, that saves Trump. Rom 5:18-19

So if all Trump has already been cleared of all sins, what is it he needs to ask forgiveness for?
img_0440.jpg

Matthew 1:21 - She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[a] because he will save his people from their sins.”

Believing that Christ was an historical figure doesn't make one a Christian!

Christ was sent into the world to save people from their sins - but unless Trump admits that he is a sinner, there can be no salvation!

By refusing to admit that he is a sinner, Donald Trump has elevated himself to God-like status!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
3c4bef47d88c3574745519361e8eaf1e.jpg

I wasn't talking about just believing He existed, and you know it.
Take your silly bait questions elsewhere.
You can't accept Christ as your personal Saviour if you're not prepared to admit that you have sins to be saved from!

Last edited: