The Three Requirements for Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
There are three requirements for salvation, without them no one can be saved.

1. FAITH.

Not faith in a doctrine or in a religion. Saving faith is always faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. What you believe about Jesus could determine where you will spend eternity. Jesus said, "Unless you believe that I am "HE" You will die in your sins" John 8:24. What Jesus meant by this is that unless you believe that I am God you will die in your sins.

Only God can turn water into wine. Only God can heal the sick, feed 5000, raise the dead, walk on water and do a multitude of other miracles. It is not possible to have saving faith in a man. Jesus was not just a man, he was the Godman, and he is able to save to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. Faith in the work and person of Jesus Christ is imperative to the salvation of ones soul.

2. A LIFE OF PERFECT OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S HOLY LAW.

This is what God requires for your salvation. The problem is that no one has it to offer because we all fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. There is only one that can meet this requirement. There is only one that can meet all of the demands of God's Holy Law. There is only one that heard the voice from heaven say, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased" Matthew 3:17. Jesus is God's law incarnate in human flesh. Paul said, "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested" Romans 3:21. The life of Jesus was lived for us, in our name and on our behalf. It was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

3. A PERFECT AND COMPLETE ATONEMENT FOR SINS.

If Jesus had not perfectly fulfilled God's Holy Law he would not have been able to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world. God only accepts a sinless sacrifice for the sins of man. A Lamb without spot or blemish, 1 Peter 1:19. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. It was at the cross where sin, death and the devil were defeated. When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb a new humanity walked out with him. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. This is why Paul wrote, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation" 2 Corinthians 5:17. Not re-habilitated. A new creation. God and his Son like new things, a new humanity, a new heaven and a new earth.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

1. FAITH.

Not faith in a doctrine or in a religion. Saving faith is always faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. What you believe about Jesus could determine where you will spend eternity. Jesus said, "Unless you believe that I am "HE" You will die in your sins" John 8:24. What Jesus meant by this is that unless you believe that I am God you will die in your sins.

Only God can turn water into wine. Only God can heal the sick, feed 5000, raise the dead, walk on water and do a multitude of other miracles. It is not possible to have saving faith in a man. Jesus was not just a man, he was the Godman, and he is able to save to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. Faith in the work and person of Jesus Christ is imperative to the salvation of ones soul.

2. A LIFE OF PERFECT TO GOD'S HOLY LAW.

This is what God requires for your salvation. The problem is that no one has it to offer because we all fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. There is only one that can meet this requirement. There is only one that can meet all of the demands of God's Holy Law. There is only one that heard the voice from heaven say, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased" Matthew 3:17. Jesus is God's law incarnate in human flesh. Paul said, "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested" Romans 3:21. The life of Jesus was lived for us, in our name and on our behalf. It was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

If Jesus had not perfectly fulfilled God's Holy Law he would not have been able to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world. God only accepts a sinless sacrifice for the sins of man. A Lamb without spot or blemish, 1 Peter 1:19. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. It was at the cross where sin, death and the devil were defeated. When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb a new humanity walked out with him. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. This is why Paul wrote, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation" 2 Corinthians 5:17. Not re-habilitated. A new creation. God and his Son like new things, a new humanity, a new heaven and a new earth.

Excellent.

theophilus

Sorry, but that's not the gospel of YOUR salvation.

Why not?

I have to believe Jesus is the Son of God (which I do). John 3:16

I have to repent of my sins (which I have and do daily). 1 John 1:9

If I love Him I will obey Him (not perfectly but I will be just as He is someday). 1 John 3:2

Repent and believe is proclaimed to all (the clear call of the gospel). Acts 17:30-31

I don't have a problem with any of that? And it is by grace that I am saved...a free gift of God. Eph. 2:8-9 He, by His Holy Spirit Who has sealed me, enables me to do the above. Eph. 1:13

This Jesus: Isaiah 49:6

Acts 4:12

Were you saved another way?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The gospel of the kingdom is not the gospel of your salvation.

I have to believe Jesus is the Son of God (which I do). John 3:16
I'm glad that you do.

I have to repent of my sins (which I have and do daily). 1 John 1:9
1 John 1:9 KJV says "confess your sins" and I can assure you, this has nothing to do with you. I could go into 1 John 1:9 KJV if you like, but I'm curious as to why you believe you need to confess something God already forgave you for? Don't you believe you are forgiven all trespasses as Paul preached (Colossians 2:13 KJV)?? What happens if you don't confess?

If I love Him I will obey Him (not perfectly but I will be just as He is someday). 1 John 3:2
That's not what the law teaches, dear James 2:10 KJV. Would you be relieved if I told you, that you are not under the law (Romans 3:21-22 KJV)?

Repent and believe is proclaimed to all (the clear call of the gospel). Acts 17:30-31
There is more than one "the gospel" in the Bible. Acts is not where we should be looking for it as everything in Acts was changing. Paul declares the gospel by which we are saved in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV.

I don't have a problem with any of that? And it is by grace that I am saved...a free gift of God. Eph. 2:8-9 He, by His Holy Spirit Who has sealed me, enables me to do the above. Eph. 1:13
You contradict yourself if at first you say you do, do, do to be saved and then claim you didn't do anything. Do not confuse salvation with service. You mustn't put the cart before the horse. Salvation is by grace through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place. You receive it by faith after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV); that Christ died for your sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). You don't do a thing to get it or to keep it and you can't do anything to lose it because it's not based upon anything that you, will do or don't do (Ephesians 2:4-7 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV). It's the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV).

This Jesus: Isaiah 49:6

Acts 4:12

Were you saved another way?
Yes, not by the WHO of Jesus Christ, but the WHY of the cross: by the gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 3:6 KJV

jzeidler

1. FAITH.

2. A LIFE OF PERFECT OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S HOLY LAW.

All of that is found in Jesus not in us or our own works. The only thing needed is faith. Nothing more.

theophilus

So heir,

What do you do with these?

Phil. 2:1-12

2 Peter 1:4-11

Cause I'm pretty sure if it's is my bible I'm supposed to read it and apply it to my life and perspective and worldview and the way I treat others.

:)

Robert Pate

Banned
All of that is found in Jesus not in us or our own works. The only thing needed is faith. Nothing more.

In the judgment if you are not found to be "In Christ" you will perish.

To be saved you need HIS righteousness and HIS atonement for your sins.

There is no saving merit in faith, only in the merits of Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
1 John 1:9 KJV says "confess your sins"...

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 NKJV)​
Forgiveness is based on us acknowledging our sins and turning from them.