The Terrible God of Calvinism

glorydaz

No, you haven't. But your adoring fans keep patting you on the back, so you think you've made an argument. But the emperor has no clothes.

So, if someone happens to agree with someone else they have to tolerate some idiot calling them "adoring fans"? Gee, these discussion boards are so much fun.

glorydaz

No. I would have him answer direct questions. This isn't about me. If I don't know the bible, wouldn't it be prudent of him to explain?

I've seen what good it does to explain something to you. First you don't listen, then you ask another question. Then you don't listen and ask another question. Therefore, you make it about you....you don't listen. :plain:

glorydaz

We aren't talking about life right now. We are talking about God's wrath. So let's not get off the subject. Having God not mad at your sin does not mean you have life. That's a separate issue.

If God's wrath is satisfied, does that mean He's not longer angry at sinners?

You have a very narrow of view of God's wrath.

And life is never a separate issue from wrath. Why? Because without faith it is impossible to please God. God is not pleased by unbelief....even more than He is not pleased by sin. Christ's death dealt with the sin....it is unbelief that displeases God. Believe and LIVE....God's wrath does not abide on those who are justified by faith.

Brother Ducky

All who are outside of Christ will perish.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins, plus nothing.

No Calvinism, No religion, No nothing. Faith in Christ alone.

But you say that all are in Christ. So all are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for their sins, plus nothing? And then some fall away at death?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

And life is never a separate issue from wrath. Why? Because without faith it is impossible to please God. God is not pleased by unbelief....even more than He is not pleased by sin. Christ's death dealt with the sin....it is unbelief that displeases God. Believe and LIVE....God's wrath does not abide on those who are justified by faith.

Said faith being dealt to each one by God.

Unless you think Paul is speaking of Nations when he said let no Man think.

Yore head must shorely be a spinnin'.

NickCharles

I've seen what good it does to explain something to you. First you don't listen, then you ask another question. Then you don't listen and ask another question. Therefore, you make it about you....you don't listen. :plain:

I've noticed that people get upset when I ask questions. And it usually comes about when I ask them the ones that causes them to think deeper about what they believe.

It's a discussion board. Questions will be asked. I have a group of friends that I talk to who agree with each other about theology. If that's what you want, find some friends. On here, you should be prepared to defend your views without the vitriol.

NickCharles

So God's wrath done not abide on some. I agree. Yet it does remain on others. Since this is the case, then God's wrath could not be satisfied for every person who ever lived. So it's best to understand that 1 John 2:2 is not talking about every person who ever lived, but people from every tongue, tribe and nation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've noticed that people get upset when I ask questions. And it usually comes about when I ask them the ones that causes them to think deeper about what they believe.

It's a discussion board. Questions will be asked. I have a group of friends that I talk to who agree with each other about theology. If that's what you want, find some friends. On here, you should be prepared to defend your views without the vitriol.

Who are you, to make the rules?

NickCharles

The Terrible God of Calvinism

It depends on who you're conversing with, a "Knucklehead" or somebody with some grey matter inside their skull?

Then why the Christ-like response? If you feel like the conversation is not going well, should you insult the other person, or should you patiently continue on? Or perhaps just stop posting? Where in scripture do you find it acceptable to insult?

Last edited:

Brother Ducky

:yawn: Proof please (Eph 4:14).:peach:

I am assuming you want proof of Pate's aberrant theology.

You could start with his realized universal atonement.
Or to counter the consequences of the universalism that would arise from that, his re-imputation of sins.
Or his low view of Scripture, despite his protestations that his theology is Biblical.
Or his view that all are now in Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
As monergist, if you are speaking to our personal responsibility in our salvation, you are right. As AMR has been pointing out to you, that is chasm that really will not be bridged.

God saves.

The New Testament teaches that people are saved by hearing and believing the Gospel, Acts Chapter 2.

Paul said that this Gospel... "Is the power of God unto salvation" to everyone that believes it, Romans 1:16.

You apparently don't believe it.