ECT The stupidity of closing a thread

Interplanner

Who's going to man up and say why they closed the 'which gospel was Paul saved under?' thread?

You are just practicing what Ryrie always said was the phantom rule to do the Bible with: 2P2P. You hinge it all on 'sent only to the lost sheep of Israel' even though that is sarcasm and counter illustrated in the story!

At least you got to the right point: "timing" the end of the old covenant (not the kingdom gospel) but the old covenant. That is open to debate, but be sure you start with Dan 9 and Is 53 as when it started to end, because Dan 9 is a timeline. You lovers of timelines, don't you hear what it's saying?

As for the great grammatical conundrum, look at an English expression like 'the office of the President.' It does not mean that the person is a room! duh! Neither does the English 'the gospel of the kingdom' mean that the kingdom was a gospel! duh!

BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAY BECAUSE WE DON'T BASE DOCTRINES ON ENGLISH GRAMMAR! None of this is the slightest question in Greek grammar. End of matter.

Shame on the coward who closed the thread for not realizing the whole thing, the madness, is a sham.

Danoh

It just maybe the case that you are once more putting the cart before the horse, out of your hate of MAD.

The thread was started by Lazy Afternoon.

She hates MADs and MAD.

Lazy posted last (her propaganda) and then jumped to another thread along a line similar to that one, started by guess who - Lazy.

Usually, only who ever started a thread can close it.

I do agree with you that it was stupid the way that thread was closed all of a sudden.

One thing that was going on in that thread at its end was the MADs comparing understandings with one another; absent of the usual friction between posters.

Until you and Lazy and Mindless, lol

Closing of that thread all points to Lazy; who hates MAD and MADs...

Still, you had your right to post; so, yeah, I feel for ya on that much, bro.

Move on, brother - every school has these types - they close a thread when things don't go their way.

Remember on that other forum that even their mods were as duplicitous.

But TOL is not that.

TOL Mods appear to be way more tolerant in their allowance of threads continuing on...

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It just maybe the case that you are once more putting the cart before the horse, out of your hate of MAD.

The thread was started by Lazy Afternoon.

She hates MADs and MAD.

Lazy posted last (her propaganda) and then jumped to another thread along a line similar to that one, started by guess who - Lazy.

Usually, only who ever started a thread can close it.

I do agree with you that it was stupid the way that thread was closed all of a sudden.

One thing that was going on in that thread at its end was the MADs comparing understandings with one another; absent of the usual friction between posters.

Until you and Lazy and Mindless, lol

Closing of that thread all points to Lazy; who hates MAD and MADs...

Still, you had your right to post; so, yeah, I feel for ya on that much, bro.

Move on, brother - every school has these types - they close a thread when things don't go their way.

Remember on that other forum that even their mods were as duplicitous.

But TOL is not that.

TOL Mods appear to be way more tolerant in their allowance of threads continuing on...

Yep, we all need to remember to stay off of that LA Freeway. The reason: it's always congested.

Interplanner

The other ridiculous thing that came out about MAD at the end was that idea that the kingdom had not come. The more clear the kingdom is, the less people would think that there was a separate gospel about it, or a 2nd for circs and a 3rd for uncircs. All of that is nonsense. All those beliefs require fiddling around with grammar or what the Man said was going on .

Interplanner

:allsmile:

If it was LA, it proves that anyone can be defensive and censorious instead of staying in a discussion and reasoning. Most of the dull MADs here are no better when they just write that something is 'terrible' or 'wrong' without any specifics--because they know they would lose on specifics.

'not sent to the house of Israel' was spoken sarcastically as the full context shows--not only in that scene (he admires her faith more than most Jews) and the several other encounters with Gentiles. It is in no sense an unquestionable proof-text for multiple programs or gospels--unless you're infected with latent Judaism without knowing. That is a distinct possibility here, when messing around with 2P2P as so many do.

Danoh

If it was LA, it proves that anyone can be defensive and censorious instead of staying in a discussion and reasoning. Most of the dull MADs here are no better when they just write that something is 'terrible' or 'wrong' without any specifics--because they know they would lose on specifics.

'not sent to the house of Israel' was spoken sarcastically as the full context shows--not only in that scene (he admires her faith more than most Jews) and the several other encounters with Gentiles. It is in no sense an unquestionable proof-text for multiple programs or gospels--unless you're infected with latent Judaism without knowing. That is a distinct possibility here, when messing around with 2P2P as so many do.

Leave it to you to make it obvious you believed a MADist closed that thread (out of your usual, sloppy "research") call said phantom MAD of your delusion a coward, and then back pedal finding out that was not the case, into more of your vomit, when a simple apology is what you should offer :chuckle:

This, even after I, a MAD, basically sided with you publicly on the issue of your OP I believed was spot on - and did so in specifics :crackup:

Once again you prove yours is a one sided agenda in your self-delusion you will save the world from that which you would not only also be sloppy in the research of, but have continually both asserted and proven you are absolutey clueless of :doh:

What a fraud you are :rotfl:

Danoh

By the way mini "bible answer man" - it's "not sent BUT UNTO the lost sheep of the house of Israel" - NOT - "not sent to the house of Israel."

Huge difference - huge.

Put away your endless books "about" and actually take your own fool advice; read the passage a dozen times out loud :chuckle:

Seeing a lot of threads, I can't even relate to the ignorance the titles reflect. The answer is Paul was saved by the gospel he preached, like anybody else. That gospel is understood by most Sunday school children. Though learning many details and things of more depth since Sunday school, my understanding of the gospel that saves, as a child, has not changed, in any way.

As a Christian adult, I just can't find an interest in arguing over what is clear babies' milk of the word of God, and I feel sorry for people who somehow think it's something to dispute over. Maybe it's a dispute with some Muslim, but born again Christians I've known are settled on what the gospel is. This, like other thread titles wondering whether Jesus is deity, whether a Christian is under Jewish law, etc, all these matters are very clearly answered and settled in scripture, again, feel sorry for people who somehow think there's any real debate over crystal clear scripture doctrines, as if the question is whether the Bible means what it says.

Christians I know accept the Bible means what it says of all the obvious, clear statements people on message boards mindlessly dispute. The raging debates going on here I'm never hearing in live, Christian congregations. And I seldom have a horse in those races, may as well close the threads, as far as I'm concerned, or put them in a young folks forum, as they're of no mature Christian interest. Somebody who doesn't know what gospel saves better get saved, which would even close a lot more threads.

1 Corinthians 3

1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Hebrews 6

1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Danoh

Seeing a lot of threads, I can't even relate to the ignorance the titles reflect. The answer is Paul was saved by the gospel he preached, like anybody else. That gospel is understood by most Sunday school children. Though learning many details and things of more depth since Sunday school, my understanding of the gospel that saves, as a child, has not changed, in any way.

As a Christian adult, I just can't find an interest in arguing over what is clear babies' milk of the word of God, and I feel sorry for people who somehow think it's something to dispute over. Maybe it's a dispute with some Muslim, but born again Christians I've known are settled on what the gospel is. This, like other thread titles wondering whether Jesus is deity, whether a Christian is under Jewish law, etc, all these matters are very clearly answered and settled in scripture, again, feel sorry for people who somehow think there's any real debate over crystal clear scripture doctrines, as if the question is whether the Bible means what it says.

Christians I know accept the Bible means what it says of all the obvious, clear statements people on message boards mindlessly dispute. The raging debates going on here I'm never hearing in live, Christian congregations. And I seldom have a horse in those races, may as well close the threads, as far as I'm concerned, or put them in a young folks forum, as they're of no mature Christian interest. Somebody who doesn't know what gospel saves better get saved, which would even close a lot more threads.

1 Corinthians 3

1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Hebrews 6

1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this will we do, if God permit.

You have actually not only proven the opposite of what you assert; but why it is that debating these issues matters.

It matters because, as you have just proven - too often, where one believes one is clear on a thing; it turns out one is not.

And later in glory, is not only not the time to find that out; but it is expected in Scripture that one be clear in these things, in the here and now.

The Muslim is not the only one who believes in works both for salvation and towards its' maintenance.

Unless the Galatians in your Bible were Muslims, or Mormons, or whatever other category you are actually off base in looking at these issues from.

And that is not the only issue one Believer or another often proves he or she is in need of clarity on.

Case in point out of many issues; if Israel is not the Body of Christ and the Body of Christ is not Israel, than how each is to be edified unto their pleasing of the Lord's intent for each; matters.

Big time.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

In this, what often appears to make sense to someone like you, just might be nothing more than what appeared to make sense to you, not something that actually did; when approached from outside your vacuum.

Given this dynamic; you might do well to consider that although you may have meant well by your above post; you yourself may actually be doing yourself more harm, than good.

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Ephesians 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Leave it to you to make it obvious you believed a MADist closed that thread (out of your usual, sloppy "research") call said phantom MAD of your delusion a coward, and then back pedal finding out that was not the case, into more of your vomit, when a simple apology is what you should offer :chuckle:

This, even after I, a MAD, basically sided with you publicly on the issue of your OP I believed was spot on - and did so in specifics :crackup:

Once again you prove yours is a one sided agenda in your self-delusion you will save the world from that which you would not only also be sloppy in the research of, but have continually both asserted and proven you are absolutey clueless of :doh:

What a fraud you are :rotfl:

That set of lines is what you call research. No wonder you believe MAD!

I can call any one I see fit on the carpet for censorship.

I understand from your post that you have no answer for the exegetical conclusions; thanks!

Interplanner

By the way mini "bible answer man" - it's "not sent BUT UNTO the lost sheep of the house of Israel" - NOT - "not sent to the house of Israel."

Huge difference - huge.

Put away your endless books "about" and actually take your own fool advice; read the passage a dozen times out loud :chuckle:

You're right on the typo. He said it as though he was only sent to Israel. But that was partly sarcasm, and partly disproved in the scene, and partly disproved in the fact that he was training at least 221 missionaries to be ready by the time he ascended. The prophets are full of the mission to the nations, as the end of Luke and Romans show.

All of which you routinely forget. Work on it. There are supplements you can take.