The stone which the builders rejected is become the cornerstone

beameup

Here Paul uses the example of the olive tree rather than the vineyard.

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree [Gentile], wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree [God]; Boast not against the branches [Jews]. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. Well, because of unbelief [Messiah rejected] they were broken off, and thou standest by faith [in Yeshua Messiah]. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches [Jews], take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell [through unbelief], severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted back in: for God is able to graft them back in again. For if thou were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these [Jews], which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree? Romans 11:17-24

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That is one of several interpretations.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

It's straight forward, God sent prophets then his Son, they killed him. He became the cornerstone, the Gentile world was receptive, the Jews are still waiting for their Messiah based on false expectations.

Last edited:

Prizebeatz1

It's straight forward, God sent prophets then his Son, they killed him. He became the cornerstone, the Gentile world was receptive, the Jews are still waiting for their Messiah based on false expectations.

I agree it is straight forward but the interpretation leaves much to be desired because it doesn't satisfy us or complete our longing to feel fulfilled.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I agree it is straight forward but the interpretation leaves much to be desired because it doesn't satisfy us or complete our longing to feel fulfilled.

It's one of a number parables which communicate spiritual truths. First he sent mesangers, religion mistreated them. Then he came himself but was tragically rejected by those chosen to teach and live the original gospel...... But that tragedy became an appealing light to the world.

chair

Psalm 118 is in the past tense, and predates Jesus by many centuries. So you should rethink your analysis of that text.

Prizebeatz1

The stone which the builders rejected is become the cornerstone

It's one of a number parables which communicate spiritual truths. First he sent mesangers, religion mistreated them. Then he came himself but was tragically rejected by those chosen to teach and live the original gospel...... But that tragedy became an appealing light to the world.

That's one way to see it. There's nothing wrong with it.

dodge

The soul is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried yet lives on forever.

Only 3 souls have ever been born pure. Adam and Eve who both disobeyed God , and then Jesus who was the only one who ever lived and never sinned.

Prizebeatz1

Only 3 souls have ever been born pure. Adam and Eve who both disobeyed God , and then Jesus who was the only one who ever lived and never sinned.

That's one way to look at it. I can respect that. But notice how subtly we tend to judge in comparison. Perhaps we are the ones cast out of the Garden by biting the forbidden fruit and judging ourselves and others as sinners, unworthy, bad in need of salvation.

beameup

Psalm 118 is in the past tense, and predates Jesus by many centuries. So you should rethink your analysis of that text.

Psalm 118:10-11 All nations compassed me about: but in the name of YHWH will I destroy them. They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
This is a Messianic Psalm and covers several aspects of Messiah (past & future),
including His Yeshua (salvation) of Israel from all enemies at the Day of YHWH.

Interplanner

This is a Messianic Psalm and covers several aspects of Messiah (past & future),

the apostles never validated this. Not about the nation Israel. Instead they understood the wrath of God was coming on that generation.

As far as the other Israel that was formed--the one that does his work/mission. This will ultimately be true, but the emphasis is not on the church doing the destroying. Perhaps ideologically.

beameup

the apostles never validated this. Not about the nation Israel. Instead they understood the wrath of God was coming on that generation.

As far as the other Israel that was formed--the one that does his work/mission. This will ultimately be true, but the emphasis is not on the church doing the destroying. Perhaps ideologically.

Wrong.
The Day of the Lord (day of YHWH) is found throughout the Old Testament.
It is a time of judgment of the WHOLE WORLD and survivors will be few.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Negative, the Aaronic priesthood was extant at the time of this psalm.

beameup

Negative, the Aaronic priesthood was extant at the time of this psalm.

What's that got to do with anything? "Throwing dust in the air" again? :confused: U R
All nations (Gentiles) compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them. They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. Psalm 118:10-12
Here we see Messiah identifying Himself with His People Israel (see the personal pronoun "ME") and saving Israel from annihilation.

You have to know how to "rightly divide" scripture.

beameup

Do you believe the Aaronic priesthood is extant today? Where is the altar?

The Cohen (Kohanim) have already been trained by the Temple Institute and are doing sacrifices according to Moses at an altar set-up in Israel (since 2006). All things are prepared for the rebuilding of the Temple. All remaining is the positive ID of the temple location in the City of David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kgbRusmqjs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT0Yw6ASnZc

Time to wake-up and smell the coffee...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What's that got to do with anything? "Throwing dust in the air" again? :confused: U R
Here we see Messiah identifying Himself with His People Israel (see the personal pronoun "ME") and saving Israel from annihilation.

You have to know how to "rightly divide" scripture.

Yes, and Ps 118 corresponds to Mat 23:39 prophetically for National Israel.