The Spring Of Living Water

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The scriptures say God the Father is the living water, and that He is Spirit, and Jesus gives us that Spirit when we are saved.
Agreed. But that in no way says that the Father is the Spirit or that Jesus is the Spirit. The Father is Spirit. It does not say that He is the Spirit.

God's Truth

Agreed. But that in no way says that the Father is the Spirit or that Jesus is the Spirit. The Father is Spirit. It does not say that He is the Spirit.

The Bible says there is only ONE SPIRIT. If God the Father is not "the Spirit", then there would be three separate and different Spirits, but there is not.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Bible says there is only ONE SPIRIT. If God the Father is not "the Spirit", then there would be three separate and different Spirits, but there is not.
That is foolishness. The Father is Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Spirit . They are not the same Spirit.

John 14:26 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Will the Father send himself? I think not.

CherubRam

That is foolishness. The Father is Spirit, the Holy Spirit is Spirit . They are not the same Spirit.

26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Holy Spirit is a manifestation of the Father Himself. Holy Spirit is one of many name titles of our Holy Father. 2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Holy Spirit is a manifestation of the Father Himself. Holy Spirit is one of many name titles of our Holy Father. 2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
That is just plain stupid according to scripture. The Father will not send Himself. He remains on the throne.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you think it is impossible for God, and you do not agree with that scripture?

So. The Trinity cannot be separated.

Colossians 1:27 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

John 14:17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

1 Corinthians 6:19 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

John 14:23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

God's Truth

If there are three DIFFERENT SPIRITS, then it is NOT what the scriptures say, for there is only ONE Spirit. That is what the scripture says.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Who is Jesus' father?

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 1:18)

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 1:20)​

The Holy Spirit is defined in scripture as God's power.

And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you..." (Luke 1:35)

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you... (Acts 1:8)​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is Jesus' father?

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 1:18)

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 1:20)​

The Holy Spirit is defined in scripture as God's power.

And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you..." (Luke 1:35)

But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you... (Acts 1:8)​

In essence they are the same yet they a different persons.

John 14:17 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

1 Corinthians 6:19 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?

John 14:23 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.