ECT The Spirit at work shows acceptance by God, Acts 15

Interplanner

To the Pharisee sect, the way you showed you were accepted by God was the rite of circumcision, along with other ceremonial and dietary laws.

No, said Peter. It was the Spirit at work in the tongues that spread the Gospel that showed a person was accepted.

Interplanner

The spirit was announced clear back in John or earlier in the prophets. it is not a genius stroke by a dim theologian to read Acts and say 'oh look, that month they still believed they had to be circumcised to show God was at work! It must be a dispensation!' People do that (still believe an old habit from 1500 years) because of shear momentum and misunderstanding what a new teaching is. God did not ordain any middle steps, but he did say that the old covenant was fading away (not a clean break situation).

Interplanner

Notice how your threads go nowhere?

That's good: they stop the need for MAD questions or thought or debate or discussion, which has no necessity nor point.

My purpose here is not to "win" theology debates, but to make the Gospel more clear than ever so that it gets used for what it is supposed to be used for more efficiently and clearly. I see nothing in MAD inquiry or debate that goes that direction, which, oddly, is another way they are unaware of the mission. At least old Biblewriter at Christianforums.com used to counter with 'but we've sent out more missionaries than anyone else!' I have never heard anyone into MAD who cared to say that.

Danoh

That's good: they stop the need for MAD questions or thought or debate or discussion, which has no necessity nor point.

My purpose here is not to "win" theology debates, but to make the Gospel more clear than ever so that it gets used for what it is supposed to be used for more efficiently and clearly. I see nothing in MAD inquiry or debate that goes that direction, which, oddly, is another way they are unaware of the mission. At least old Biblewriter at Christianforums.com used to counter with 'but we've sent out more missionaries than anyone else!' I have never heard anyone into MAD who cared to say that.

Hah, hah ha! You've never heard MAD anything!

Do a history on MAD. O'Hair preached "the gospel OF OUR salvation" all over the world.

And the giant sign above his assembly - Christ died for your sins - still stands to this very day.

The son and daughter in law of another Mid-Acts leader: Stam - lost their lives for preaching the Cross in China.

Jordan's radio message is heard throughout the world - each ends with "the gospel OF OUR salvation."

His assembly and others thtoughout the U.S., hold an Evangelism bootcamp every February which includes out in the trences sharing of "the gospel OF OUR salvation" with friends, family, and total strangers.

There are Mid-Acts based missions and assemblies in South East Asia, throughout North America and Europe.

And NO ONE on TOL BOTH CONSISTENTLY AND REPEATEDLY, makes a bigger issue about THE NEED for ABSOLUTE CLARITY on the FINISHED work OF THE CROSS than the MADS.

In short, shut up, expert amateur.

Interplanner

Good for them; it took two years for it to matter to you, so maybe you are the rep that should be fired from your job. I would never bother with the position or its camp or acronmym though. It is not the excitement of the NT; it's not how it expresses it. I'll stick with Gal 3 and Eph 2,3 and Act 13's sermon.

I see no point whatsoever to its existence. If they were people who did not like D'ism like I did not, why didn't they just abandone the whole thing and do what I do? What were they trying to solve? I think the 'between-the-lines' over-analysis that D'ism has is just as strong in MAD as ever. No thanks.

ClimateSanity

Hah, hah ha! You've never heard MAD anything!

Do a history on MAD. O'Hair preached "the gospel OF OUR salvation" all over the world.

And the giant sign above his assembly - Christ died for your sins - still stands to this very day.

The son and daughter in law of another Mid-Acts leader: Stam - lost their lives for preaching the Cross in China.

Jordan's radio message is heard throughout the world - each ends with "the gospel OF OUR salvation."

His assembly and others thtoughout the U.S., hold an Evangelism bootcamp every February which includes out in the trences sharing of "the gospel OF OUR salvation" with friends, family, and total strangers.

There are Mid-Acts based missions and assemblies in South East Asia, throughout North America and Europe.

And NO ONE on TOL BOTH CONSISTENTLY AND REPEATEDLY, makes a bigger issue about THE NEED for ABSOLUTE CLARITY on the FINISHED work OF THE CROSS than the MADS.

In short, shut up, expert amateur.

Just preaching an undefined Jesus that people think of as a weak, ascetic, hippy and combining it with a lot of guilt tripping morality is NOT our mission.

As you sad, MADist are the only ones who preach a pure gospel that Paul delivered to us unadulterated.

Danoh

Good for them; it took two years for it to matter to you, so maybe you are the rep that should be fired from your job. I would never bother with the position or its camp or acronmym though. It is not the excitement of the NT; it's not how it expresses it. I'll stick with Gal 3 and Eph 2,3 and Act 13's sermon.

I see no point whatsoever to its existence. If they were people who did not like D'ism like I did not, why didn't they just abandone the whole thing and do what I do? What were they trying to solve? I think the 'between-the-lines' over-analysis that D'ism has is just as strong in MAD as ever. No thanks.

:rotfl:

Interplanner

Just preaching an undefined Jesus that people think of as a weak, ascetic, hippy and combining it with a lot of guilt tripping morality is NOT our mission.

Since when is 'God was in Christ, reconciling the world's sin debt' "undefined" "weak" "ascetic" "hippy" or mistaken about guilt? There is true guilt. Guilt-tripping is by nature false.

MAD, esp Danoh, has said several times that the NT is especially true because it does not corroborate with outside sources, which is destructively neo-orthodox, as Dr. Schaeffer use to say.

ClimateSanity

Interp seems to think that going out and saying the word Jesus as many times as possible is our mission and that trying to get people to truly understand their bible is a wasted effort that gets in the way of the aforementioned pointless exercise.

ClimateSanity

Since when is 'God was in Christ, reconciling the world's sin debt' "undefined" "weak" "ascetic" "hippy" or mistaken about guilt? There is true guilt. Guilt-tripping is by nature false.

MAD, esp Danoh, has said several times that the NT is especially true because it does not corroborate with outside sources, which is destructively neo-orthodox, as Dr. Schaeffer use to say.

As usual, you cannot begin to fathom what I'm saying.

Interplanner

Interp seems to think that going out and saying the word Jesus as many times as possible is our mission and that trying to get people to truly understand their bible is a wasted effort that gets in the way of the aforementioned pointless exercise.

"God was in Christ, reconciling the debt of sin" is not "saying the word Jesus as many times as possible." How dare you accuse me of the irrationality of neo-orthodoxy when you are doing it.

Anymore, when I evangelise, I often start by asking people 'what is the Gospel?' to make sure they know we need to backtrack from all the modern crap that is out there.

Interplanner

Your nonsense is your problem. Go work on your communication skills and read Acts 13's sermon or Gal 3 10x, outloud.