ECT The Right Man, Walking in the Spirit.

elohiym

...a sacrifice of a sinless human being of Adam's race was necessary to cancel the transgression that separated man from God.

I disagree. That's not how the Lamb of God takes away the sins of the world. No wonder we aren't seeing things similarly.

Cross Reference

Fixed.

It's just a link to the Wikipedia entry on Atonement in Christianity since you seem unfamiliar with the different atonement theories in Christianity.

If you are not interested, ignore it. :idunno:

I did. Jesus said: "If I be lifted up I will draw all men upon Me". Picking fly c... out of pepper isn't doing that.

Cross Reference

The LORD said: "But everyone will die for his own iniquity..."

That's what you call trying to sort through competing atonement theories?

Say a sinners prayer. Commit your life to Jesus Christ. Ask to be born again for His teaching to have a bearing on your thinking.

elohiym

Say a sinners prayer.

Why? Do you say it, and how often?

Commit your life to Jesus Christ.

I'm in His hand.

"... and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand."

Ask to be born again for His teaching to have a bearing on your thinking.

Ask to be born again? Not possible.

John 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Say a sinners prayer. Commit your life to Jesus Christ. Ask to be born again for His teaching to have a bearing on your thinking.

Proof CR is outside the faith. He doesn't believe.

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

1. Hear the gospel-he died for your sin and was raised for your justification
2. Believe
3. Salvation-receive his life

In his world, if he maintains his relationship from his effort, then he will be saved. And as rulz also states (they agree), like marriage, the relationship is reversible.

I want to know if you agree with the following statements. I think you do, but want full confirmation.

The glorified body is irreversible/unconditional/unilateral since it is a metaphysical/ontological change that God will not reverse. Salvation is not metaphysical (confusion of categories on your part), but a reciprocal love relationship that is conditional and involving two parties. As in marriage, it is reversible (divorce is possible; analogies can be used both ways, so are limited). Spiritual rebirth is relational, not ontological like physical birth (so the unborn or unparent argument is lame).

I leave the details to the Judge (Gen. 18:25), but if someone rejects and renounces Christ and is no different than their former state of godless unbelief, they are not a believer by definition (unbelieving believer is a contradiction in terms, oxymoron).

You divorce salvation from ongoing relationship and being in Christ, the condition for eternal life (since it is in Him alone, not apart from Him I Jn. 5:11-13 present, continuous tenses). You seem to reduce it to an irreversible metaphysical change parallel to physical birth. In reality, it is a reciprocal love relationship, not an unconditional zapping. Past sins can be dealt with, but this does not preclude the possibility of heinous future sins, including blasphemy, that cannot be swept under the carpet by a holy God (judgment starts with the house of God; Ananias and Sapp were struck down; I Cor. and I Jn. has temporal judgment of believer's sin by death).

Unbelief puts one outside of Christ and is the antithesis of saving faith, so the new reality of apostasy brings in new contingencies if persisted in.

I believe it in context, not as a proof text for your views. Justification is about our initial coming to Christ when we are declared righteous (legal term) and our past sins are dealt with. At that point of conversion, there are no future sins yet. Reconciliation deals with our past sins....My objection is to think we can persist in sheer rebellion, sin, and disobedience with impunity because non-existent sins have blanket forgiveness just because our past sins were dealt with at justification.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then why an alter call for the unsaved; one convicted of his sins. ]

2 Corinthians 5

19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation

You don't believe this part, therefore you do not enter into life. If you believed, you would be sealed.

Cross Reference

2 Corinthians 5

19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation

]You don't believe this part, therefore you do not enter into life. If you believed, you would be sealed.

Better stated is that you don't understand what Paul was referring to, i.e., Redemption . . . NOT salvation.

While Redemption you had nothing to do with, salvation you must believe for. Jesus didn't make a way for you to believe but only the way that you MIGHT receive it. That is what redemption is about.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Better stated is that you don't understand what Paul was referring to, i.e., Redemption . . . NOT salvation.

We just covered his, and there you go again.

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Cross Reference

We just covered his, and there you go again.

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Eph 1 is not 2Cor 5 except maybe in your mind. With that limitation willfully imposed upon yourself, discussion is therefore, impossible.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You said altar call was because of conviction of sin. "Christians" wrongly say this all the time, and I showed you were Paul says you are wrong. The Holy Spirit is not convicting of sin. God is not imputing trespasses. The guilty feeling is the weight of the law that people worship.