The Religious Mind

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
ONLY BEGOTTEN - not firstborn son. Jesus is the firstborn of all creation.

ONLY BEGOTTEN - not firstborn son. (Exodus 4:22-23)

Jesus is the firstborn of all creation - the first born of all creation with regard to what? (Colossians 1:18)

Epoisses

Where do you find that?

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Why don't you read the book of Hebrews since you obviously don't believe what I say.

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second....In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. Heb. 8:7,13

bye, bye first, faulty and old covenant....Tell Moses not to let the door hit him on the way out.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why don't you read the book of Hebrews since you obviously don't believe what I say.

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second....In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. Heb. 8:7,13

bye, bye first, faulty and old covenant....Tell Moses not to let the door hit him on the way out.

Right. Jesus is the New Covenant and is the everlasting Covenant, Hebrews 13:20.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

And the "new" covenant is older than the Mt. Sinai covenant. The Mt. Sinai covenant did not annul the covenant made with Abraham. (Galatians 3:17)

Epoisses

And the "new" covenant is older than the Mt. Sinai covenant. The Mt. Sinai covenant did not annul the covenant made with Abraham. (Galatians 3:17)

The covenant with Abraham the 'non-Jew' was the promise of God that he would be blessed. Abraham was required to believe that he would be blessed not keep the law that had never even been given yet.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The covenant with Abraham the 'non-Jew' was the promise of God that he would be blessed. Abraham was required to believe that he would be blessed not keep the law that had never even been given yet.

Are you speaking of the law that the Father ended in 70 CE?

Epoisses

Are you speaking of the law that the Father ended in 70 CE?

The law ended when Jesus fulfilled it on the cross. The deluded Jews who kept on keeping it after the cross were deluded. The veil was rent in two between the holy and most holy so it's not that hard to figure out that is was ended.

JonahofAkron

No one has said that justification comes by Law keeping; that's the problem with your premise: you can't separate living out the life of Messiah and justification. Of course we are justified because of what He completed, but that doesn't mean we don't follow in His ways. He is our Rabbi and we are His disciples. We act like it because we love Him. Being obedient is acting in Faith.

JonahofAkron

The law ended when Jesus fulfilled it on the cross. The deluded Jews who kept on keeping it after the cross were deluded. The veil was rent in two between the holy and most holy so it's not that hard to figure out that is was ended.
Peter was deluded? Paul was deluded? The disciples were deluded? They all continued their lifestyle and met in the temple daily.

Epoisses

No one has said that justification comes by Law keeping; that's the problem with your premise: you can't separate living out the life of Messiah and justification. Of course we are justified because of what He completed, but that doesn't mean we don't follow in His ways. He is our Rabbi and we are His disciples. We act like it because we love Him. Being obedient is acting in Faith.

Following the Messiah means we live by the faith of Jesus and the love of God. NT commandments are not something that I do.

Last edited: