The Proposed Trump Wall

The Proposed Trump Wall

• Total voters

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I have to hand it to President Trump. He's not wasting any time.

Trump orders building of Mexico border wall, targets U.S. 'sanctuary' cities

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump signed directives on Wednesday to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border and strip funding from cities that shield illegal immigrants as he charged ahead with sweeping and divisive plans to transform how the United States deals with immigration and national security.

The Republican president is expected to take additional steps in the coming days to limit legal immigration, including executive orders restricting refugees and blocking the issuing of visas to people from several Muslim-majority Middle Eastern and North African countries including Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Libya and Yemen.

If our new president deports criminal illegals and puts a respite in place on new immigration while getting a handle on it, that would be a great start. Whether liberals want to admit it or not, having unchecked illegal immigration is a strain on every state economy, as well as our national economy, not to mention the security risks. The job markets (mainly wages), schools, hospitals, affordable housing, and social services are strained greatly by illegal immigration & it has to be stopped. I think metered legal immigration giving time for assimilation into American culture will be beneficial for all, and it will only come to pass when illegal immigration is put in check.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Truth is, he needs to get along better with Mexico. I do not wish to pay three bucks each for avocados.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Meant to mention this earlier - I watched Sicaro yesterday, a very violent movie about the mexican drug cartels and the FBI/CIA/whoever opposing them

violently

a good movie that i will watch again, especially for very good performances by Emily Blunt, Benicio del Toro and Josh Brolin

and Raoul Max Trujillo, whose imds bio says that he was born in Santa Fe, New Mexico (and) is a mixed blood descendant of Apache,Comanche, Pueblo, Tlascalan, French-Canadian, Sephardic Jew and Andalusian Moor :noway:

pretty cool!

i've enjoyed his performances in Black Robe, Apocalypto and Riddick :)

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
I think this would be the best solution in terms of timing, cost, and logstics. For some reason many people think Trump is going to build something akin to the Great Wall of China. :p
The Great Wall of China failed to keep the Chinese safe or prevent waves of outside invaders.

Are we now to repeat the same mistake by putting our faith in the "Great Wall of Trump?"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The Great Wall of China failed to keep the Chinese safe or prevent waves of outside invaders.

Are we now to repeat the same mistake by putting our faith in the "Great Wall of Trump?"

we have walls all over the borders - every country does

it's pretty retarded to claim they're not effective